Xbox store opens randomly to the movies and TV app

Discus and support Xbox store opens randomly to the movies and TV app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As the title says and as a couple other people have posted, I'm having a problem with the Microsoft store on my Xbox one opening randomly on its own... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CalebGuffey, Jan 15, 2022.

1. CalebGuffey
    CalebGuffey Guest

As the title says and as a couple other people have posted, I'm having a problem with the Microsoft store on my Xbox one opening randomly on its own while I'm watching YouTube or playing a game, it always opens to the movies and TV app (which I do not have installed). Others have posted that it will open the movies and TV app instead in their case if it is installed. I know I'm now the only person having this problem and the threads keep getting locked that ask about this. Can someone shed some light as to why my Xbox suddenly really wants to be a DVR??

:)

CalebGuffey, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Walter.5 Win User

i don’t want to be that guy, but the same thing is happening to me so annoying!!!
  3. XBF-Spartan Win User

Hi Caleb,

Thanks for your reply. The app store will still be listed under My Apps>Ready to Install on your console.
  4. CalebGuffey Win User

You want me to Uninstall the Microsoft store from my Xbox?
  5. XBF-Spartan Win User

Hi Caleb,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! Firstly, do you have any pending updates for the app store? If not have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the app store to remedy this issue?
  6. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Years ago you could log in online to watch movies you purchased. Now with movies anywhere that’s seems to be a solution but it’s also a problem. Why can’t I watch my purchases?

Digital movies purchased form the Microsoft store are only streamed to your console, there is no download option so you require a connection to view them.

On a Windows 10 PC you can use the Movies and TV app to download them for offline viewing.

For more information, see Microsoft Store: Movies & TV and Movies Anywhere.
Thema:

1. Xbox store opens randomly to the movies and TV app - Similar Threads - store opens randomly

2. Can't open store on my Xbox One X.

in XboX Insiders
    Can't open store on my Xbox One X.: I try to open it and it just doesn't do anything. Full reboot doesn't help either. Occasionally I get 0x87e1000a error. Any advice? submitted by /u/TheHellix211 [link] [comments]
  3. error '' some thing went wrong '' when open efootball 2024 downloaded from microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error '' some thing went wrong '' when open efootball 2024 downloaded from microsoft store: error '' some thing went wrong '' when open efootball 2024 downloaded from microsoft store This is what it says when I try to open efootbal on my laptop hp core i7 8 gb ram...
  4. I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...: I installed games through the Microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need permission from the adult in my family but I am the only one in my family. How do I solve this?...
  5. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...
  6. windows 10, microsoft store game Vegas slots opens but will not load can not connect to the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    windows 10, microsoft store game Vegas slots opens but will not load can not connect to the...: could not connect to club vegas Please check your internet connection d05a6721-7d66-4e7e-a846-d83aea2ce8ba
  7. Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app: I was trying to reinstall some games back onto my computer (I had uninstalled them about 3 months ago). I was going to redownload them from the Microsoft store. When I clicked install, the install...
  8. Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...: I'm at my wit's end. I've had this problem for almost a year running and genuinely nothing works. No matter what commands I put in an Admin Powershell, no matter how I set Windows Update in my...
  9. When I open my Microsoft store I get an error CV: jrbGXNBnM3yQlqf/UsgsG1.73

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I open my Microsoft store I get an error CV: jrbGXNBnM3yQlqf/UsgsG1.73: I also tried bing and nothing. I don’t think it’s my WiFi as I did a speed test on my phone and got 300MPBS but it could be. 126ffc9a-7b68-4b35-a9a4-2e9cd31d71c3
  10. Something went wrong message as soon as I open Microsoft store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Something went wrong message as soon as I open Microsoft store: Every time I open the Microsoft store It tell me something went wrong I have other accounts on my xbox and when I log in to one of those it doesn't do the same thing its only on this account...