Xbox Stereo Headset microphone is very quiet on Windows 11

Discus and support Xbox Stereo Headset microphone is very quiet on Windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I've just purchased the 20th Anniversary Xbox Stereo Headset, but the volume on the microphone is very quiet on Windows 11. I've tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ElectronicCat, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Xbox Stereo Headset microphone is very quiet on Windows 11

Hello!

I've just purchased the 20th Anniversary Xbox Stereo Headset, but the volume on the microphone is very quiet on Windows 11. I've tried recording in Audacity aswell as listening to it via mic monitoring on Discord. At first I thought this was an issue with my splitter cable but after recording with the controller plugged into the controller, which was plugged into the PC I've gotten similair results. Recording on my phone sounds fine and monitoring it on Xbox also seems fine.

Does anybody know what's wrong? Is this just an issue with the headset or is there a fix for it? Thanks!

:)

ElectronicCat, Jan 15, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi ElectronicCat,

We hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up regarding your concern as we still have not received any response from you since our last follow up message. Please feel free to create a new thread if you have different and new concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Should you need real time interaction for your concern? You may reach out to Support - Contact Us | Xbox Support.

Kind regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

HI ElectronicCat,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to connect your 20th Anniversary Xbox Stereo Headset in Windows 11 however it seems like the microphone is not being detected. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

We would like to ask for few things to better isolate the issue.

Is this the first time the headset was configured to the Windows 11 computer? Or it was configured before when it is still on Windows 10?

Would you mind using different headset or earphones to connect to your PC and start to record.

Would you mind sharing with us any troubleshooting you have performed?

Please, do not forget to check here for known issues that might be related to your concern.

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi ElectronicCat,

Making sure you will receive email notification regarding this thread, please select Subscribe > subscribe.

[​IMG]

EDIT:

We would like to follow up regarding your concern as we still have not received any response from you since our last follow up message. Please feel free to create a new thread if you have different and new concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Kind regards,

5. ElectronicCat Win User

Hi Kathy! Thanks for the reply.

The headset is new, I've only used it on Windows 11 and Windows is detecticing the microphone and recording, just not at an acceptable volume. I've used different headsets in my PC and they work fine. When plugged into my front panel audio, one of my other headsets sounds fine and when plugged into the controller my Turtle Beach Xbox headset is also quiet. I've also recorded on my android phone and an iPad, and the recording sounds great. From my troubleshooting I've determined that it's likely a Windows issue or an issue with the splitter cable that I'm using. I may have a Windows 10 device lying around somewhere that I can test it on if it helps, but I won't be able to use the splitter cable on them.

Thanks.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

You're welcome, ElectronicCat.

Yes, that would be three suggestions: try to test it on Windows 10 and test it with a (downgraded non-insider build of) Windows 11 and without Xbox Insider Windows 11. However, if you might be unable to perform one of them just let us know.

Kind regards,

Thema:

1. Xbox Stereo Headset microphone is very quiet on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Stereo Headset microphone

2. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  3. Is the Xbox Stereo Headset latex-free?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the Xbox Stereo Headset latex-free?: I have someone in my home looking for a headset who also happens to be very allergic to latex. Does the official Xbox Stereo Headset contain latex? c5a10a76-df97-40ac-80dc-a1361efea164
  4. xbox stereo headset echo

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox stereo headset echo: i just bought the xbox stereo headset the wired one and my friend says that he can hear himself because of the echo my TV was muted and I really don't want to refund the headset because its...
  5. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine: I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work on multiple occasions, but I could hear...
  6. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...
  7. Where can I find a replacement donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Wireless Stereo Xbox Headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I find a replacement donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Wireless Stereo Xbox Headset...: I lost my donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Xbox Wireless Stereo Headset with Noise Cancelling Microphone, I already contacted pdp support and haven’t gotten an answer, just wondering where I can...
  8. Bluetooth stereo on PC with my new Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bluetooth stereo on PC with my new Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello, I tried to use my new Xbox Wireless Headset, already appaired to my series X, on my computer (using bluetooth). Most of the time everything work fine. The two devices are connected...
  9. I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...: I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter is very expensive, so I don't want to buy it, so I'm interested in a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter cable. I...
  10. I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...: I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter is very expensive, so I'm interested in a converter cable. I have a question though Would this work?...