Xbox Stereo Headset Mic stopped working

Discus and support Xbox Stereo Headset Mic stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I've noticed this is an ongoing issue raised by many many users for years now, but am hoping there is a resolution for this persistant... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mango_Ninja1825, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Xbox Stereo Headset Mic stopped working

Hi there,

I've noticed this is an ongoing issue raised by many many users for years now, but am hoping there is a resolution for this persistant problem by now.

My mic has randomly stopped working on my Xbox Stereo Headset. Have completed numerous troubleshooting suggestions without success. Have tested the headset on other devices, eliminating a headset fault. Tried connecting through 3 controllers and still nothing.
    You name it, I've tried it. Been at it for over 14 hours now and am at my wits end. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

Mango_Ninja1825, Dec 23, 2020
  2. BKWDESIGN-bkw Win User

X Box One Controller is muted

Our xbox one controllers stopped working with the stereo headset (just the mic) all simultaneously.

We tried plugging it into the 3.5 mm jack. None of my 3 controllers worked after having worked fine for months. All updated to latest firmware.

I tested the headset on my iphone and the mic was fine there- I could record voice memos with no problems

went to GameStop and spent $50 for the stereo headset adapter, and that allowed the mic to work again for another 30 days.

Now the mic is stuck on mute again, the headset adapter’s slashmark icon stays lit
  3. Mario12693 Win User

Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset

Xbox One Stereo headset
    www.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset

The mic that came with the Xbox one works. My adapter chat button makes the game volume higher. Is it suppose to be like that?
  4. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

Currently Disgruntled about headset options for XBOX One. Wanting opinions of Other Players

The afterglows are well built and since there are no wires your mic won't stop working which has what happened with both of my sets of the MS stereo headsets.
  5. havalinaaa Win User

Xbox stereo headset mic suddenly stopped working mid conversation

So I bought a new adapter and the official xbox stereo headset still wouldn't work but the astro a40's did for a few days, then tonight same exact thing. Mid conversation the mic stopped working. Where's my support, xbox?
  6. Captain Ordo Win User

Xbox One Headset Adapter Problems

I have a turtle beach px21 headset and purchased the xbox one headset adapter. The stereo sound is coming through really well, but the mic isn't working with it. Is this a known issue or is my headset mic not compatible with the xbox one?
Thema:

Xbox Stereo Headset Mic stopped working

1. Xbox Stereo Headset Mic stopped working - Similar Threads - Stereo Headset Mic

2. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine: I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work on multiple occasions, but I could hear...
  3. Xbox stereo headset mic is too quiet. Automatic gain control issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stereo headset mic is too quiet. Automatic gain control issues: I’ve bought an Xbox and stereo headset(wired) recently and have issues with mic. In party chat the mic volume can burst making mic input very loud and the next word can be quit. That happens...
  4. XBox Wireless Headset on PC Can't Use Mic and Output Stereo Audio at the Same Time

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Wireless Headset on PC Can't Use Mic and Output Stereo Audio at the Same Time: I've seen that other people have had this problem in the past, but can't see if there's been a fix anywhere. I'm using windows 10, and every time I open Discord or an application starts using the...
  5. Xbox stereo headset. I can hear but my mic doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stereo headset. I can hear but my mic doesn’t work.: I had the standard Xbox chat headset. One day this stopped working. I purchased the xbox one stereo headset and adapter. This prompted to update my controller, which I have done. I can now hear my...
  6. My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!: Hi - it seems that it works for a couple of weeks, then stops in party chat. At the moment, while we're in lockdown, it's the only contact my 10 year old has with his friends. We have tried...
  7. Xbox one stereo headset mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one stereo headset mic not working: I have been having an issue with my mic not picking my voice up when im in a game lobby or a party. It shows the mic is connected and I can hear just fine and i know the mic works from making...
  8. Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic Monitoring

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic Monitoring: I have tried everything under the sun, restarting, moving the console, changing internets, checking controller settings and configurations, and the general audio output settings; but NOTHING will...
  9. Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??: I recently bought the stereo headset for my xbox one. Everything works fine, except for game chat. In party chat I can talk and hear other people, but when I play Rainbow Six Siege I cant hear...
  10. Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??: I recently bought the stereo headset for my xbox one. Everything works fine, except for game chat. In party chat I can talk and hear other people, but when I play Rainbow Six Siege I cant hear...