Xbox start up noise

Discus and support Xbox start up noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve set up my replacement Xbox Series X but have noticed when I leave a disc in and boot up the console it sounds like it’s reading the disc/fan spins... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NOVA1989, Nov 7, 2022.

1. NOVA1989
    NOVA1989 Guest

Xbox start up noise

I’ve set up my replacement Xbox Series X but have noticed when I leave a disc in and boot up the console it sounds like it’s reading the disc/fan spins loudly for around the first 10-15 minutes before going dead silent. This happens even if I’m not playing the game that is in the disc drive.

Is this normal?

:)

NOVA1989, Nov 7, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Xbox start up noise

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Nova, this is strange, but mode be happening at boot time because the console at the same time it is turning on is trying to read what is on the CD.

The disc you have on the console would be from a game or a movie, have you tried turning on the console, let it go to the home screen and then colcoar the CD to see if it keep doing the same thing?
  3. Grimpocalypse Win User

Xbox One X Gears Limited Edition making strange chime noise continuously.

No not the start up noise. It is a noise that happens while the system is running. It is hard to explain, but sounds like a tinging/chiming noise that lasts for a second.
  4. Jorge_95 Win User

Xbox one s making an annoying noise when is turned off

Yeah. it's a sort of grinding noise. Unfortunately now is broken. It turns on but is not starting up and makes the grinding noise.
  5. Tyl3xr   î Win User

Xbox Series S load up screen

I also forgot to list that when I start it up I can hear the sound of the Xbox start up and I can press this with the controller and it will make noises.
  6. DaLegendary360 Win User

HDD XBOX ONE

It is very normal, both my xbox and PC makes this noise on start up. I believe it is your hard drive booting up.
Thema:

Xbox start up noise

1. Xbox start up noise - Similar Threads - start noise

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. Xbox One S not starting up, but making chime noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not starting up, but making chime noise: Hi all, I'm experiencing an issue with my Xbox One S after a period of around 6 months not using the Xbox as I was redecorating my room. I recently tried re-setting up my Xbox by connecting my...
  4. Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox fan just started making clicking noises and becomes worse when gaming: I bought my Xbox one x back in December and have been using it moderately, but as I was in the middle of playing palworlds today I noticed a noise that kept getting louder. I checked the vents/fan...
  5. Series X disc drive noise on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disc drive noise on start up: Seems to be a quick jerk or vibrating noise that last a split second. Runs fine otherwise. I talked to MS support and they said it’s the disc drive looking for a disc. I don’t have any discs tho....
  6. When i was starting a game on my xbox series s, i heard slight crackling noises, is it the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i was starting a game on my xbox series s, i heard slight crackling noises, is it the...: Heard some cracking noises while starting watch dogs, is the series s damaged or is it the tv? 5f902a9e-a25b-4b9c-8e44-c8024d0abb86
  7. Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?: Hi, I just want to find out if its normal for a Series X to make a buzz noise every time it starts up from powering off. I've read that it's the disk drive searching for a disc but my paranoia is...
  8. My xbox one s started making a really weird noise, crashed and won't connect to my hdmi anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s started making a really weird noise, crashed and won't connect to my hdmi anymore: I was playing black ops 2 then my xbox stated making a noise that sounded like a printer printing out a piece of paper then my game crashed I got annoyed at the noise so I turned it off and back...
  9. Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One not turning on, only makes start up noise when pressing button.: Xbox One won’t start it only makes the start up noise and doesn’t light up. Power brick is constantly red light and I have just gotten a replacement and it is also red light. I’ve switched rooms...
  10. My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...: My console (series s) get power but it doesn't make the start up noise and the screen stays black and then it cuts off by itself, it won't go into recovery mode either. What can I do?...