Xbox start up is slow, and the external HDD won't connect.

Discus and support Xbox start up is slow, and the external HDD won't connect. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; External HDD won't connect to my console, also the games are taking too long to start. I've tried to restart the console and power cycle the whole... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by V3LV3T JAGUAR, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Xbox start up is slow, and the external HDD won't connect.

External HDD won't connect to my console, also the games are taking too long to start. I've tried to restart the console and power cycle the whole system, also the black screen will pop up every now and again

:)

V3LV3T JAGUAR, Feb 24, 2017
  2. GODZHAND1
    GODZHAND1 Guest
    after preview dashboard update

I just got into the beta for the new dashboard on my xbox one... I have found that I cannot find a wifi signal or connect to xbox live IF my xbox one boots up with my external HDD plugged in...if I boot my xbox one up with my external HDD unplugged it finds
    my wifi and I can connect to xbox live...

I can still use my external HDD afterwards..but everytime I restart my external HDD must be unplugged.... is this a software issue? please be so..I really dont want to have to send my xbox one in for repair..

GODZHAND1, Feb 24, 2017
  3. Xbox One Not Connecting To Internet And External HDD

Hello

My XboxOne has been recently slow or sometimes doesn’t connect to internet and the external hard drive. I have to manually connect to the internet and disconnect HDD and reconnect for it to see

xXPsycoCobraXx, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Xbox start up is slow, and the external HDD won't connect.

factory wipe the console (reset and keep my games and apps), that should fix the issue

Najeé Morais, Feb 26, 2017
  5. Najeé Morais Win User

factory wipe the console (reset and keep my games and apps), that should fix the issue
  6. OCRyzen Win User

Clearing System Cache, does it help with performance problems?

Why wouldn't it be the HDD..?? The OP has stated, that the console is slow to start up & dashboard is slow..

The console is not connected to XBOX Live! or any ISP connection, in the system Boot State...

As I have mentioned.. The Dashboard is stored & embedded on the HDD now & isn't embedded into the systems cache etc [Dashboard is too big for onboard caching]...
  7. FreakyHokage Win User

Xbox Series S corrupting my external HDD.

How else am I going to fix my external HDD if my Xbox won't even pick up on it? I get no pop ups when I connect it to the console and it doesn't even show it under storage.
  8. Mister Kernel Win User

External HDD won't start games

Heyo Madrr! Thanks for the heads up on this! Happy to look into it with ya.

First off, let's try out our guide here for this error message that you're seeing.

Second, want to make sure our bases are
    covered
    in regards to your External Hard Drive that you're using.

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress!
  9. LittleBigPlanet Win User

Slow starting to move games to external hdd

I had support chat with Xbone support team about external hdd issues such as moving certain content.

Certain content just would not install or move to the external hdd. My external hdd is Lacie Rugged Mini 2TB USB 3.0 (tested fine on both MACs and PCs) before formatting on Xbox One for Games and Apps.

Once a game or app does not install externally it would not move to the external hdd.

My 360 moves games or apps almost always successfully.

This externally hdd moving issues along with certain games and apps not installing on it is causing major headaches. I also already tested with another brand which as tested on both MACs and PCs fine but with Xbox One it is becoming an issue.

I believe it is a combination of digital rights management, account issue, along with Xbone system software.
Thema:

1. Xbox start up is slow, and the external HDD won't connect. - Similar Threads - start slow external

2. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  3. Xbox App, microsoft store and games incredibly slow to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App, microsoft store and games incredibly slow to start: Hi iv been having an issue with my windows 10 pc. I have the xbox app loaded onto my pc to run the gamepass games. About a week ago the xbox app and the microsoft store started taking forever to...
  4. My Xbox one s was being slow and unresponsive so I reset it now it won’t even start up I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one s was being slow and unresponsive so I reset it now it won’t even start up I...: My Xbox one s was being slow and unresponsive so I reset it now it won’t even start up I just keep getting the start up error screen b5f0d874-6eb6-4466-a91c-a937ea14a81f
  5. Xbox One start up is slow, a lot slower than usual.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One start up is slow, a lot slower than usual.: My Xbox has been taking a lot longer then usual to start. It started about 2 weeks ago. 0bd15d87-1bb6-4ed8-aeac-a5bb050520ea
  6. After update my Xbox is really slow to start and games are timing out before loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    After update my Xbox is really slow to start and games are timing out before loading: After the latest update it took at least 10 minutes for my system to boot up and then none of my game s will load just times out. I restarted the Xbox and still nothing. Maybe I should just go buy...
  7. My Xbox one s is starting to just be slow and freezes on action and I've factory reset it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one s is starting to just be slow and freezes on action and I've factory reset it...: I'm just not sure of this "issue" 5236136b-ddab-489a-a16b-49a2311762c5
  8. Xbox start up is really slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox start up is really slow.: Over the past few weeks my xbox seems to be getting slower for starting up. Once it's on and running it take a few minutes to then load what ever game or app i want to use which is also slower...
  9. Steam is opening extremely slow at windows start menu but not from notifications

in XBoX on Windows
    Steam is opening extremely slow at windows start menu but not from notifications: As the title suggest if i click steam from windows start menu it will take 10-15 to register but if i try to do it from notifications at the bottom right side of the screen i dont experience any...
  10. Series s slow and can't start games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series s slow and can't start games: Hi I'm finding the series s slow and having trouble getting games to start. I don't mean the download speeds, just the actual menu and home page and the overall UI It's like if the console...