Xbox slow Download tips

Discus and support Xbox slow Download tips in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I left my computer all night to download Gears 4 just to find out this morning my download was at 25%, got some pretty nice flash-back's from the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SgtSpriggs12, Nov 11, 2022.

1. SgtSpriggs12
    SgtSpriggs12 Guest

Xbox slow Download tips

I left my computer all night to download Gears 4 just to find out this morning my download was at 25%, got some pretty nice flash-back's from the good'ol Y2K days!

You need to ENABLE a feature called Delivery Optimization which basically enables Peer-2-Peer downloads alongside Microsoft servers.

1. PAUSE your download and close the Xbox app or Windows Store APP
    Since we all know microsoft download servers are a complete trash right now, it can take several days or weeks (for some) to be able to download a 50+Gb game, this fix will surely boost your downloads to the max possible.

1. Windows-key + R to run a command, type gpedit.msc and hit enter.
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Delivery Optimization using the tree hierarchy on the left.
    Several policies are listed under Delivery Optimization. The main one is Download Mode which determines whether Delivery Optimization is enabled, and how it is being used.

Double click "Download Mode" Then here just tick the option "ENABLE" and below select from the drop-down list "Download Mode: Internet (3)" and click APPLY > OK.

To make sure the setting is enabled now, go to

1. Windows-key + I to open control panel.
    2. Navigate to Update & Security > on your left click on Delivery Optimization
      3. Hit advanced options and Turn off the limits for download speeds

Although the options are grayed out, you can now see the ON-OFF toggle is set to the ON position: SUCCESS!

Next and final step is to open-up your Xbox app or Windows Store APP and resume download, you will immediately see the speed increase. Mine went from 200-300 Kbps to my max speed of 45-50Mbps

Pro-Tip: You can also do a Ctrl + Shift + ECS then click on Performance tab then click on Ethernet where you can see your REAL download speed with metrics.

Hope it helps and see you at Gears 4!

:)

SgtSpriggs12, Nov 11, 2022
  2. Frankalore the Merci Win User

Game/apps downloads painfully slow

3. DENAz666 Win User

Stuck at ~1mbps download speed with a network that gives 220mbps

4. Wolfie McG Win User

Fix for the horrendous Download Speed for Xbox Game Pass Beta!

I'll have to use this tip, however I never found rhat the download speeds were that slow
  5. Fogiatto Win User

Fligth Simulator extremely low download speed

hello, thanks for the reply.

none of these tips worked.

I can download on all platforms with full speed, including the Microsoft store and Xbox app. But the flight simulator is slow.
  6. DENAz666 Win User

Slow download speed

Thema:

Xbox slow Download tips

1. Xbox slow Download tips - Similar Threads - slow Download tips

2. Slow download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download: Why are downloading updates so slow when Internet connection is 400mb + 31026a73-8e97-4f3e-86ae-78c1849ce75c
  3. my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...: my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with Ethernet, any way to speed up downloads? ef9629da-cc41-4ce3-b364-d34ae574bd3c
  4. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  5. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  6. why is my xbox app downloading so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox app downloading so slow?: It appears that the Microsoft store is limiting my downloads speeds on the Xbox app and the EA app. Any help?? 947a66a5-5c27-40e9-80a9-9c4061330229
  7. Xbox app downloads speed slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app downloads speed slow: I use the Xbox app on PC and I have the same issue as a lot of others I've been able to see on this site. Download speed is incredibly slow seems to cap at 10mbps when my internet has Download...
  8. Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW: XBOX App for win10/11 still downloading slow ******* I have tried the following fixes: ************ Uninstall the Xbox app through App Settings 1. Open the Settings on your computer by...
  9. Slow xbox when downloading (internet based actions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow xbox when downloading (internet based actions): When i am downloading games on my xbox series x all download speed goes to this activity. The download goes pretty fast, but all other images and other activities that needs internet goes very...
  10. Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION): There are dozens of identical posts with no clear solution, dating back years where people with perfectly fine PC's and very fast hardwired internet connections get less than 10mbps download...