Xbox Slim "E" model runs VERY hot.

Discus and support Xbox Slim "E" model runs VERY hot. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few days ago I bought the latest model of Xbox 360, the console gets really hot, really fast around the vent on the top. I install every game I play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DanielMaloney66, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Xbox Slim "E" model runs VERY hot.

A few days ago I bought the latest model of Xbox 360, the console gets really hot, really fast around the vent on the top. I install every game I play (minus play disc of GTA V as I've heard that causes issues), and after being on for less than 5 minutes
    it starts to warm up fast, and around 15 minutes it's boiling hot. It seems only to be around the vent on top, and the side vent next to it. The glossy half of the Xbox is pretty cool, and the vent nearest the DVD drive seems to be very cool too.

Is this just normally expelling from heat, or a problem? I wanted this thing ready for the next Fable around February and I don't exactly want my system dying when I've just got it.

:)

DanielMaloney66, Jan 4, 2014
  2. data ragarding hardware malfunctions (models S and E)

[quote user="GRADY 1999"] If you plan on buying a xbox one you should get the E model. They match. [/quote]

Yep, they certainly do. The new Xbox 360 (E) is just a mini-ONE in terms of its looks.

Its by far the best 360 console so far and that goes for performance wise too.

Mine is so fast! Loads faster than my previous slim (S) model console.

CAPTAIN BUMFISH, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Xbox 360 E model runs hot, is this normal?

You are more than welcome Xbox Slim "E" model runs VERY hot. :)

I don't have an E model, I have the S model and that gets pretty hot to touch but for the most part, its okay unless its shutting itself down to protect itself. I wouldn't say you have anything to worry about. If the console was too hot for its own good,
    it would let you know about it.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

If you only bought the console a few days ago i'd return it & ask for an exchange.

Your console shouldn't be boiling hot,especially if you install your games.

Daft Badger, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Thank you, it's all packaged up, kinda upset I have to return this thing after 3 days.

DanielMaloney66, Jan 4, 2014
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    I'd be upset to.As with just about everything mass produced,a few faulty items get sold,you were just the unlucky person who got this one.

Daft Badger, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Daft Badger Win User

I'd be upset to.As with just about everything mass produced,a few faulty items get sold,you were just the unlucky person who got this one.
  8. DanielMaloney66 Win User

Thank you, it's all packaged up, kinda upset I have to return this thing after 3 days.
  9. Daft Badger Win User

If you only bought the console a few days ago i'd return it & ask for an exchange.

Your console shouldn't be boiling hot,especially if you install your games.
  10. Mark Sherwood Win User

Xbox 360 E model runs hot, is this normal?

Hello there The Jerry Best :)

To add onto what Kendrn said, the Xbox 360 is designed to shut itself down to protect itself if it becomes too hot. You will receive a notification if this happens. The best thing to do is to ensure that your console is set up correctly and has sufficient
    ventilation space. Please see the below guide.

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/system/console-setup

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  11. jaje21 Win User

Xbox 360 E model runs hot, is this normal?

That is not normal for the E. I would try to lay it down (if possible) and see if that helps. Sadly there might be a fault on the inside that is causing this.
Thema:

1. Xbox Slim "E" model runs VERY hot. - Similar Threads - Slim model runs

2. 360 slim network card model, what’s the difference?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim network card model, what’s the difference?: Pretty technical question here: So I’ve already gone through two replacement network cards, one didn’t last an hour before it stopped picking up wireless networks. The free replacement under the...
  3. Can't play original Xbox games on my xbox360 slim model for some reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play original Xbox games on my xbox360 slim model for some reason: [img] I have everything required to play the original Xbox games but it says that I need to download the game to play it. It comes up as an error message but I know you can't download the game...
  4. HELP! My Xbox 360 slim(model 1439) showing me this ERROR CODE 3F4B-4467-1781-0300-C800-0036 ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! My Xbox 360 slim(model 1439) showing me this ERROR CODE 3F4B-4467-1781-0300-C800-0036 ...: Please help, as i'm tired and Unable to update update, my Xbox 360 SLim model 1439, it's is stock console, it is not moded, but it keeps on failing, i even tried to update manually by USB...
  5. Xbox 360 Live Slim model 4GB, error code 0x80070571, Have cleared cache and reloaded profile. ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live Slim model 4GB, error code 0x80070571, Have cleared cache and reloaded profile. ...: I'm at a loss to figure why cloud drive not syncing to open my GTA 5 online files. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. After 3rd update to Xbox live that's when I started receiving error...
  6. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Matt Black Model Signal Problem PLEASE HELP!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Matt Black Model Signal Problem PLEASE HELP!!: Hey Everyone, Having a problem where my Xbox when I turn it on it dose not give signal through HDMI to my television. What I done, I was watching a DVD this morning so I turned on my Xbox it...
  7. Xbox slim 4GB model displaying solid red light when powered on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox slim 4GB model displaying solid red light when powered on: For the last month or so, whilst using the Xbox Slim console for games, applications and watching movies the console would freeze and become unresponsive, the only way to resole the problem was to...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim model 1439 Freeze on Splash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim model 1439 Freeze on Splash: After recent update my 360 slim shows a glitchy splash screen and freezes about half way though every time. There are no red lights on the power brick or system. So far I have: Checked ALL...
  9. Xbox 360 slim 4gb 2012 model BAD INTERNAL MEMORY or Corrupt data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 4gb 2012 model BAD INTERNAL MEMORY or Corrupt data: If you have a xbox 360 slim 4gb new model, 2012 and the internal memory went bad, or corrupt, right after you warranty ends, Let get Microsoft to fix our console for free.out of warranty...
  10. Can I use 250GB Slim HDD in new"sleek"model?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use 250GB Slim HDD in new"sleek"model?: I have an xbox 360 but its getting slow most of time if I get the xbox 360 e sleek is it faster a7d349f0-9f33-45b6-9ea7-9444e897919a