Xbox sign-in window automatically closes/crashes and xbox app services are missing

Discus and support Xbox sign-in window automatically closes/crashes and xbox app services are missing in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Guys, how do I sign into the Xbox App??? The sign-in window just simply crashes when I click sign-in and the xbox app services are also missing in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mohammad Hasaan, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Xbox sign-in window automatically closes/crashes and xbox app services are missing

Guys, how do I sign into the Xbox App??? The sign-in window just simply crashes when I click sign-in and the xbox app services are also missing in services.msc. Please help. I just want to play Minecraft online.

:)

Mohammad Hasaan, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Xbox sign-in window automatically closes/crashes and xbox app services are missing

Hi Mohammad! Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's do our best here to get this sorted out.

Are you on Windows 10 or Windows 11?

First, be sure to install the latest updates on your Windows machine and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store:
    Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...
    Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

Try to repair and reset your Microsoft Store and Xbox app as well.
    Repair/Reset apps - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/repair-ap...

If that didn't work, try reinstalling your Xbox app. Simply go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Find Xbox app > Advanced > Uninstall. Once uninstalled, restart your PC before going to Microsoft Store to install back the Xbox app.
  3. calamity781 Win User

How do you fix this issue on console? I had to reset the console and now I can’t sign in. I click on add new and it just crashes every time. It started yesterday so I’m out of ideas.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox app on window 10

For your account not to be automatically signed in to the Xbox app on your Windows 10 device, you need to sign it out after using it. By doing so, you will be required to enter your credentials the next time you sign in to the Xbox
    app. Here's how:

1. Open the Xbox app.
    2. With your account signed in, go to Settings.
    3. Under the General tab, click Sign Out.
    4. Close the Xbox app. Try launching it again this time and check if your account is still being automatically logged in.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

xbox and other microsoft apps sign in pop ups not opening

Before that, you could try giving a shot to this:

Close all windows, then press Windows key + R, and type this: services.msc

This is going to open a new window (services), then look for all Xbox services, double click on each one and on "startup type" select automatic for each one and press OK, finally restart your PC and try sign in
  6. addictgaming360 Win User

xbox app closes immediately after launching it

While testing the beta xbox app and xbox app windows 10 store. It still does it with my gamertag. However not in full screen, the app does not crash. When I was playing around with "all" see first. Seems "clubs first app closes", "friends first app closes",
    "followers app closes" but recent players it does not. That's how I believe.

Does not work. signing in to windows with another account.

does not work, settings, apps and features then xbox app advance resetting it.

does not work, going to powershell removing xbox app get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

microsoft help might suggest in doing a clean boot or something.

Nothing to do with the notification within the xbox app. It is the gamertag. I should know I have a dummy gamertag now I have clicked on friends and other see first. No app closes out.

What I think it is causing the app crash on keith03820 is the see first. Because once that loads it would crash in couple seconds but if I place see first to recent players. But on my dummy account I have no issues at all.
Thema:

1. Xbox sign-in window automatically closes/crashes and xbox app services are missing - Similar Threads - sign window automatically

2. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself: So when I try to sign in, the sign in window opens and then closes almost immediately. I saw a post on this sub from someone with the same problem from a couple years ago, and their solution was...
  5. ERROR message: you signed out of your account It's a good idea to close all browser windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ERROR message: you signed out of your account It's a good idea to close all browser windows.: When I try to login to minecraft feedback it says: you signed out of your account It's a good idea to close all browser windows. I looked at another Question like this the answer was that you...
  6. Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...: Error Code: 0x80004005 code: Eroded Badlands. A file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing. Please reboot, verify system permissions, and make sure your...
  7. Windows 11 Xbox App keeps signing me into wrong account no matter what I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Xbox App keeps signing me into wrong account no matter what I do: Every time I launch the xbox app it signs me into the wrong account. When I press sign out it automatically signs in again to the wrong account. There is nothing I can do. I have reset the store...
  8. Error code 0x80070520 attempting to sign into Hitman: World of Assassinations on Windows 11...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80070520 attempting to sign into Hitman: World of Assassinations on Windows 11...: Simply, whenever I try to sign in to the Hitman title screen, I get "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while. (0x80070520)" I have tried so many...
  9. Unable to sign into the Xbox App on windows 11

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign into the Xbox App on windows 11: I had an issue with the xbox app not opening after an update the other day. I uninstalled and reinstalled and got the app to download. however now i cannot sign in. The screen flashed black for a...
  10. Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the...: So I recently installed windows 11 and setup the PC with primary account A. When I went to use the xbox app the account had automatically signed in. I went to sign out and sign in to the correct...