Xbox shuts off 30 seconds after turning it on

Discus and support Xbox shuts off 30 seconds after turning it on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Was playing my Xbox and it fairly new I did a restart on it not to power it off but for it to turn off an on and it hadn't came back on sense. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Winter Dill, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Winter Dill
    Winter Dill Guest

Was playing my Xbox and it fairly new I did a restart on it not to power it off but for it to turn off an on and it hadn't came back on sense. When I push the power button it turns on for 30 seconds then shuts off it doesn't respond to the controller when I try turning it on there as well I am fairly confused.

:)

Winter Dill, Mar 24, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

I see. Since we have tried all the possible steps here to sort out the issue. There seems to be a hardware failure with the console already. I would highly recommend sending in the console for repair service. You can create a repair order on https://support.microsoft.com/devices.

First, you need to register the Xbox using the serial number.

Then click on the Console icon on the page

Then select Start Service Request Online

Then on the first drop-down box, select Device

On the second drop-down box, select the issue on the console

Then add comments or details on the box below the drop-down boxes

Then click on Next

Then follow the next instructions
  3. Winter Dill Win User

It did not work but I'm guessing it has to do I don't have a eject disk button I'm not sure what is it not working
  4. Winter Dill Win User

I have moved it to a new out let in the opposite side of my home it still isn't staying on after I push the button
  5. Winter Dill Win User

Hi Ron I appreciate the fast response I've attempted those suggestions a little more background on the situation.

I was play a game today 4 hour ago when I decided I was getting off but wanted to reset my Xbox so everything would run better and I click it where it was supposed to reset and turn on automatically but it never came back on I waited for a while then tried pushing my controller button which was already paired and it started blinking so I clicked the Xbox power button and it turned on for approximately 30 seconds and shut off on its on I don't even get any display or anything I have tried different HDMI the cords are snug and the Xbox is only 30 days less new.
  6. OpticRJames Win User

If you have an Xbox Series S, press and hold the Xbox button  and the Pair button  instead, as your console doesn’t have an Eject button.
Thema:

1. Xbox shuts off 30 seconds after turning it on - Similar Threads - shuts off seconds

2. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  3. x box x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box x shutting off: Hi, I have a sine wave power converter 110V , 400w in my truck....I plug in the monitor and the X box series X. I use my iphone hot spot to get on my game. Everything works in the menus,...
  4. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  5. Why is my series x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series x shutting off: whenever I play rainbow six seige the console just shuts off randomly I spent way to much for the console to not run properly and I have tried all the trouble shoot methods it just really...
  6. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  7. Xbox keeps shutting off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps shutting off.: My Xbox series x keeps shutting off. It occurred on previous one now on brand new. Have fan and well ventilated. I’m thinking could it be my internet. It’s fiber optic and my connection is IPv4....
  8. Fan ramps up then shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fan ramps up then shuts off: My Xbox has been off for a couple of weeks now and whenever I give it power, after a couple seconds the fan ramps up to full power and the Xbox shuts off, Sometimes it just completely powers off...
  9. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  10. Xbox Series X - no fan, no signal to TV shuts off after approx. 15 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - no fan, no signal to TV shuts off after approx. 15 seconds: Hello. Bought Xbox Series X from Best Buy (Canada) November 2022 for Christmas. Worked fine until a week or so ago. Power up, light comes on, it makes the power up noise. No signal to TV, fan...