XBox shows up on Windows 7 as "Digital Media Renderer"

Discus and support XBox shows up on Windows 7 as "Digital Media Renderer" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In Device Manager on my Windows 7 machine, I noticed a curious thing - under Other Devices, Digital Media Renderer with the "yellow exclamation" mark... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oceanclub, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Oceanclub
    Oceanclub Guest

In Device Manager on my Windows 7 machine, I noticed a curious thing - under Other Devices, Digital Media Renderer with the "yellow exclamation" mark on it. Trying to install it or update driver had no effect.

When I checked it, it had the location "http://{internal_ip_address}:2869, upnphost/udhisapi.dll?content"...etc. The IP address is the one for my XBox One.

Anyone know what I need to do here?

P.

:)

Oceanclub, Jan 29, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Remote play is not compatible with Windows 7, but that's what it's likely seeing
  3. POLARIS X800 Win User

Xbox One Extender Drivers for Windows 7 Home PC Network

I got it working. I had the Digital Media Renderer No driver found error.

I then went into Windows Media Player. Under Stream I selected Automatically allow devices to play media. Then under Stream,
    More Streaming Options I made sure the Xbox One was allowed from the Windows Media Player, I right clicked on a movie/video in my library and selected "Play To" and then Xbox One. I heard the movie start.

I went to media center on the xbox one and all files are now showing
  4. SpectreRanger Win User

Help setting up streaming from Windows Media Center

Setting up the XBox 360 as a Media Center Extender

1. On your XBox 360 console, scroll up to My XBox

2. Scroll across and select Windows Media Center

3. Select Continue

4. Note the 8-digit set-up key that is displayed. This is the key that will associate your XBox 360 console with the computer running Windows Media Center.

5. On the computer open Windows Media Center

6. Scroll down to Tasks, and then scroll across to Add Extender.

7. Follow the prompts until you are asked for the 8-digit set-up key

8. Enter the key. Then click Next

9. Follow the prompts to complete the set-up.

BTW you will not be able to view PowerPoint presentations this way. Media Center is purely for viewing Media
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

How 2 setup media centre on xbox without pc

Hey there ComprisedPage32,

You'll need a Windows 7 PC running Media Center Edition in order to use Media Center with the console. More information on how to set that up

HERE
  6. Arminator Win User

connecting

I assume you mean the 8 number code the Media Center Application shows you. With that code, you start Media Center on your PC (you will need Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate, or Windows 7 Home Premium or better).

In the Media Center application, go to the options and choose to add an Extender. Enter the 8 digit code there.

If you only have a "regular" XP (i.e. not the Media Center Edition) or a Vista Business version, then you can't use the Media Center.
Thema:

1. XBox shows up on Windows 7 as "Digital Media Renderer" - Similar Threads - shows Windows Digital

2. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  3. How to watch a show on an Xbox and Windows PC in two different locations

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to watch a show on an Xbox and Windows PC in two different locations: I have a friend that I watch movies with while on FaceTime. She watches them on her Xbox and I watch it on my Windows laptop. It feels like we spend more time trying to sync the movie to the same...
  4. Why is my window toolbar missing and how do I show it again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my window toolbar missing and how do I show it again?: [img] [img] So, for a while now my toolbar (the bar with the x, minimize and expand icons) has disappeared and I can't get it back so now minecraft isn't opening as it's own app but just taking...
  5. Clean Install of WIndows 11, Now the XBOX app does not show my library. Tried all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Clean Install of WIndows 11, Now the XBOX app does not show my library. Tried all...: Clean Install of Windows 11, Now the XBOX PC app does not show my library. Tried all troubleshooting options. Mobile seems to show my library and history, just not the PC app. Signed out and back...
  6. Newest Xbox app on PC Windows 11 Not showing installed games and will not let me search.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newest Xbox app on PC Windows 11 Not showing installed games and will not let me search.: So after the last update to xbox app im using the insider delta preview. it no longer shows my installed games in the xbox app itself. they launch and run without any issues. I cannot search for...
  7. Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall: So, a recent Windows update borked my system so I had to do a fresh reinstall, and afterwards all my data remained the same but none of my games or other programs are showing up. I see that they...
  8. Xbox on Windows Store shows game in library, yet can't play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox on Windows Store shows game in library, yet can't play.: My son used a Xbox gift card to buy Minecraft Java Edition for his PC from the Xbox store. It shows in his library, yet says he needs to buy it (again) and there is no record of the purchase being...
  9. Windows 11 Reliability Monitor is showing hardware error.....anyone know what is wrong??????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Reliability Monitor is showing hardware error.....anyone know what is wrong??????: I was experience random freezes and Black screen on my laptop for some time and when I checked reliability history it is showing "Hardware error". Recently I updated my BIOS to the latest...
  10. Any Microsoft Login On My Windows 11 PC Shows The "Just A Moment" Screen Then It Closes.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Any Microsoft Login On My Windows 11 PC Shows The "Just A Moment" Screen Then It Closes.: I cant sign into anything that uses the built in microsoft login screen, like powerpoint, word, xbox, microsoft store. Below is a video showing what happens. it then proceeds to close [img]...