Xbox services app and administrator privileges.

Discus and support Xbox services app and administrator privileges. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I payed for a subscription I have not been able to use because the xbox app on my computer claims I am not the administrator and will not let me do... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DVBurnsII, Jun 29, 2022.

1. DVBurnsII
    DVBurnsII Guest

I payed for a subscription I have not been able to use because the xbox app on my computer claims I am not the administrator and will not let me do anything. It says I need to install an extra component and that I need to be the administrator. I am the only administrator on my computer as far as I can tell but sometimes when I turn on my computer it does seem like someone else has been using it. Either way the xbox app doesn't work so my money was wasted. The xbox support page won't let me do anything, I have tried all my options and all it says is that I can post to the community but I don't see how the community will be able to give me a refund or technical support on xbox services.

:)

DVBurnsII, Jun 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

When you open Xbox gamepass app, it is not asking you to install the gaming services?

If not, try this:
    Launch powershell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”
    In the same powershell window, enter “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN” (without "")
    Install the app on that page, including accepting the UAC prompt when shown.
  3. 7e02d58f-664b-4d59-9 Win User

I do not see any application called gaming services.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today mate

Do you think maybe your computer has a virus?

Let's try first some things:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (if optional updates appears, install those too);

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then do this as soon everything's is updates (if you're prompted to restart your PC please do it):

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset, open the app and try again.

If the issue persists could be nice perform an in-place upgrade:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  5. 7e02d58f-664b-4d59-9 Win User

That fix using "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers" in power shell worked. However due to some issues with my ethernet adapater I had to reinstall windows. The same problem came about where xbox application would not function without that update. So I did the same exact thing, ran powershell as admin, entered the aforementioned string of text, and it produced no results. I also cannot find xbox gaming services in the microsoft store searching for it on my own.
  6. 7e02d58f-664b-4d59-9 Win User

To answer your question, no it was not doing that.
    I ran in powershell both of those commands. It appears to have fixed the problem.
    However powershell wants an update via this link https://aka.ms/PSWindows
    Is
    powershell not a windows component that should be updating automatically through windows store and windows update settings page?
Thema:

1. Xbox services app and administrator privileges. - Similar Threads - services app administrator

2. How can I install this "Xbox Live Services" app/component?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I install this "Xbox Live Services" app/component?: On my PC I recently deleted the "Xbox Live Services" app, (not to be confused with the MAIN Xbox App or Game Bar or Gaming Services component) because I did not know what it was for and from then...
  3. Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...: When i try to configure my elite controller with the "xbox accessories" app, i get an error message saying "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" it tells me to log into the xbox app,...
  4. Random apps & services getting access

in XBoX Accessibility
    Random apps & services getting access: So nobody but me has access to my Microsoft account. I've seen people from other places like Russia, China, Germany and France try to access my account but are always unsuccessful. Every now and...
  5. what is Mercury from Apps and services under microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what is Mercury from Apps and services under microsoft account?: I found out that it's something that is asked for permissions from the Gotham Knights video game, Mercury asked for account access only once when launching Gotham Knights from windows 11 xbox app,...
  6. Cannot get Xbox app or gaming services to work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get Xbox app or gaming services to work: For a while now I've had an issue where i could not install anything from the xbox app due to gaming services. Now the xbox app no longer launches and is stuck loading until the app crashes....
  7. Xbox gaming services breaks Xbox App/Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gaming services breaks Xbox App/Game Bar: Hi, for weeks now i've been having the issue that the Xbox App is stuck on the logo and can't log into Xbox in the Game Bar. I have tried every solution i could find on the Internet, including...
  8. Can a DEV, not a CSA, answer why the Xbox PC app isn’t being serviced

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can a DEV, not a CSA, answer why the Xbox PC app isn’t being serviced: Has nobody escalated the barrage of reviews over the past few weeks stating they literally can’t **** install the program on windows, a program developed and maintained to be installed on an...
  9. Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...: Every time I try to launch Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in Microsoft Store, and then I immediately get an error. One of these pops up:...
  10. Cannot Sign Into Gamebar Or any other services that require xbox sign in using a app named...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Sign Into Gamebar Or any other services that require xbox sign in using a app named...: The popup that Grey Xbox app gives me goes white for about a minute until it says "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Sorry something went wrong. try again in a while. (0x89235107)" This same...