Xbox SeriesX Turns On By Itself After I've I Turned It Off! HELP!!!

Discus and support Xbox SeriesX Turns On By Itself After I've I Turned It Off! HELP!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox Series X has no issues apart from when I turn it off after around 3 seconds it decides to turn its self back on! This also disconnects all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SeanPearson95, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Xbox SeriesX Turns On By Itself After I've I Turned It Off! HELP!!!

My Xbox Series X has no issues apart from when I turn it off after around 3 seconds it decides to turn its self back on! This also disconnects all devices from the xbox so the only way to turn it off is by switching off from mains.

This happens when my headset is connected after a few hours on war zone but doesn't happen when I just turn on to watch Netflix or something without connecting the headset.

I have seen online that a lot of other people are having the same issue especially with the same headset as me the Steel series Artics 9X.

I have tried to contact Xbox, Microsoft and Steel series but with no avail. I have done a load of steps such as a soft reset etc but still happens.

I would like to know is its a software issue that will eventually be fixed with an update to either the Xbox or Steel Series headset or if its a hardware issue where id have to send back the xbox to get fixed (which I hope that isn't the case)

It seems to be in instant on mode it turns back on when in power saving mode its fine and when my headset isn't connected its fine so its leads me to believe that its something to do with a connection issue between the xbox and headset.

Any help on this matter would be great as Ive had no reply or information from anyone else and all people seem to tell me to do is reset the console which doesn't help.

Thanks

:)

SeanPearson95, Dec 6, 2020
  2. JeffvanGundyNBA Win User

Original Xbox One not turning on

Hi Brad,

The turning off is a common problem with my xbox due to poor ventilation, but it always turns back on automatically by itself. When I turned it off after it restarted as normal, it is now not turning on anymore, instead turning on for a second and turning
    itself off again
  3. OpT1Mu5Pr1Me69 Win User

Xbox shuts off by itself.

Now my system turns back on by itself after it turns off (it also turns back on by itself when I turn it off manually). Any idea what may be wrong with it? Hopefully this new turn of events helps narrow down the true cause of the problems.
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

Xbox turns on by itself after being turned off

Did you have it plugged into a surge protected power strip? If so plug it directly into the wall and see if that helps.
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox turning itself off as it is turned on.

Hey AARC Caboose,

Very sorry to hear about this odd issue. After reading the steps you have tried to resolve the issue, your console may need to be repaired. First, I would check to see if you have a nearby friend or family member who has an Xbox One console to let you try
    their power supply. This will fully rule out if it is a power issue on the console.

If the issue replicates on a different power supply, the next step will be to visit our Online Service Center to begin the repair process.
  6. Courtney Todd Win User

Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.

I understand Richard G,

The most likely thing is that this is an internal problem of the console, therefore it could not be solved in any way or with some steps that I can advise you, remember that this is only a Microsoft public forum where we are players like you who help others Users with basic problems this means that we are not Microsoft employees.

If you want, I can release your question so that another expert or community member who has gone through a problem similar to yours can offer you better help, okay? But I recommend that you contact the team for repair again, since it is not normal for this to happen after a repair.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
Thema:

Xbox SeriesX Turns On By Itself After I've I Turned It Off! HELP!!!

1. Xbox SeriesX Turns On By Itself After I've I Turned It Off! HELP!!! - Similar Threads - SeriesX Turns Itself

2. Uprading from OneS to SeriesX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uprading from OneS to SeriesX: Hi All-- I'm thinking about upgrading from a One S to a Series X, in order to enjoy the upcoming generation of games, while KEEPING all of my old games, which is important to me. I have a mix of...
  3. Every time I launch Horizon 5, I have to sync data on seriesX , this is the only device I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Every time I launch Horizon 5, I have to sync data on seriesX , this is the only device I...: Every time I launch Horizon 5, I have to sync data on seriesX , this is the only device I am playing on.. why is this happening? 80fb189d-359e-42e0-89da-5f8754233207
  4. XBOX Minecraft (One&SeriesX/S) The Keyboard Issue!!

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Minecraft (One&SeriesX/S) The Keyboard Issue!!: How is the issue with keyboards on Xbox Minecraft still not fixed?! I literally refuse to play the game if I can’t use commands due to the onscreen keyboard not registering when I type on a...
  5. Xbox Dashboard Feedback After Latest Alpha Skip Ahead Update - Xbox SeriesX|S

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dashboard Feedback After Latest Alpha Skip Ahead Update - Xbox SeriesX|S: After Alpha Skip-Ahead update (2308.221027-1900), I was displeased with the appearance of the Xbox dashboard. There are too many marketplace, games, and Game Pass advertisements. I want to see...
  6. SeriesX not reading certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SeriesX not reading certain games: Hi I have read similar posts to this and I’m having the same problem. For some reason my Xbox series X won’t read certain game discs Assassins creed black flag Pretty much every Lego game that...
  7. Is My SeriesX broken?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is My SeriesX broken?: Hi - I’ve had my SeriesX since 12/2020 (edit - I incorrectly put 2021). I hadn’t used it too much but as far as I knew it worked fine. When Forza Horizon 5 came out, I downloaded the game...
  8. Minecraft - Xbox SeriesX - The world is not fully synced or has been corrupted. Please Help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft - Xbox SeriesX - The world is not fully synced or has been corrupted. Please Help: I have been trying to figure this out for a couple months now. I have a Minecraft world that myself and my friends, one of which is no longer with us, have been building in for 5 years. When I...
  9. Unable to use chat headset and HDMI surround sound on OneX and SeriesX

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to use chat headset and HDMI surround sound on OneX and SeriesX: How do I use HDMI surround sound (dolby digital or atmos) AND a chat headset attached to my controller? I have Series X connected to LG CX OLED and then audio out from TV to Vizio Atmos Sound bar...
  10. Why is my Xbox seriesx not upgrading some of mine games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox seriesx not upgrading some of mine games: I just got the new Xbox series X and it will upgrades on the game through it says it able to what is the problem here 581669d5-aa2c-4ef0-ab27-4d5759639499