Xbox series x wont read the disc

Discus and support Xbox series x wont read the disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Attempted to launch gotham knights (no launch issues up to this point with this game). Console could not read the disc for the license file. After... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aaron Stornelli, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Xbox series x wont read the disc

Attempted to launch gotham knights (no launch issues up to this point with this game). Console could not read the disc for the license file.

After cleaning and further failed attempts (including using a brand new disc), same issue with only this game.

Any ideas?

:)

Aaron Stornelli, Feb 6, 2023
  2. barnsey58 Win User

MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

I have a similar issue but my console is a series x and it read the disc and installed it ok but now it wont it takes about 10 to 20 tries before it reads it and i think its to do with the cross-gen
  3. Rickieq Win User

MW2 will not play

The Xbox series X will not read the MW2 disc, I have returned it and tried 3 separate copies of the MW2 disc, the console will play other games/discs and read dvds/blue rays as well. But will not read any MW2 disc I insert into the console. The disc will read on my Xbox one. I installed it there and network transferred all the data to the series X and upgraded all the data that was transferred but the console refuses to read the MW2 disc.
  4. x MattDean Win User

COD MW2 2022:XBOX ONE X:

Im sure its not the disc because i used a friends copy and sadly that didnt work either. And the site i purchased the game from (VERY) wont give a refund as the seal had been broken (update game works perfectly fine on xbox series x) its not the disc it just doesn't want to read on xbox one x
  5. Papo Type R Win User

Cross Gen MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

It actually does. I got the Series X this holiday at $349, and the same disc is working perfectly. I have determined that the Xbox One X disc drive is trying to read Cross Gen discs differently than Xbox One discs. The disc drive on the Series X doesn’t have this issue. You might need a new disc or you might need to send your Series X for maintenance.
  6. L0bber Win User

Constant crashes while playing Halo Infinite for Xbox console

I’ve sent in my xbox series x twice now, waiting for the 3rd one to arrive. You definitely wont get the same xbox back. If the xbox doesn’t work this time I have to switch to the series S or goto playstation. (Game disc wouldn’t read, it would crash constantly.. or home screen me)
Thema:

Xbox series x wont read the disc

1. Xbox series x wont read the disc - Similar Threads - series wont read

2. Xbox series X light wont stop blinking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X light wont stop blinking: Hello, I have had my series x for a year and about 2 days ago it just keeps blinking and blinking and it wont turn off. I have to unplug it for it to shut down or if i click the eject button it...
  3. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3
  4. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  5. Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X wont sign in to account and wont connect to xbox network: I have an issue where my xbox wont connect to the xbox network and wont sign in to my account. I have searched online and tried everything. I have restarted my console a bunch now and also tried...
  6. my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(: i recently hopped on to my xbox series s and my internet just wouldn't work, so i turned off my router for 30 secs and that wouldn't work, then i checked if my router was filtering out my xbox...
  7. Error code (0x8027025a) wont let access anything on my Xbox series s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code (0x8027025a) wont let access anything on my Xbox series s: So I have gotten this problem recently when trying to sign in or use anything on my Xbox series s. I keep getting this error code(0x8027025a) when trying to sign in or even trying to go into my...
  8. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  9. I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...: Any information is helpful as I have tried various settings on the monitor and xbox series x. I am trying to use 1440p at 120 hz. 793a1ab1-cd00-45fa-8f94-c46cc58eb960
  10. Xbox Series X/One compatible disk wont read in Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X/One compatible disk wont read in Xbox One: My copy of Sonic Origins Plus will not work in Xbox One. No matter what, it will either not make sounds, or spin up a few times and not start downloading. What is going on?...