Xbox series x won’t play games but starts fine

Discus and support Xbox series x won’t play games but starts fine in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series x starts up fine but will not play any games. It states it has a intenet connection issue ( which is as it shows updates, goes to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Warchyldt33, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Warchyldt33
    Warchyldt33 Guest

My Xbox series x starts up fine but will not play any games. It states it has a intenet connection issue ( which is as it shows updates, goes to Microsoft store, downloads games and shows friends online) xbox live connection issue, need to buy game pass ( already owned tried cancelling and then resubscribing, will download games but will not play) Comes up with 0x80072efd ( though not always it changes to no internet issue). I have tried resetting Xbox hard and soft, clear cache, remove profile and reinstall clear Mac and more. The weird thing is that this started to happen just after latest update and it seems to get worse. Also, will sometimes sit on wait while we get your game ready black screen, and then will wait for a while and then say oops something went wrong try again page, you try again same issue. Just like installing a new game. My question is what is this and could the latest update have done this?

:)

Warchyldt33, Mar 14, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Warchyldt33!

Sorry to hear about the issue. It's possible that the issue is with your local saves. Let's try to clear them.

Eject the disc from your console if you have one currently inserted.
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage devices.
    Select Clear local saved games.
    Note: Selecting this option will not delete any games or progress you have saved in the Xbox cloud. It will only clear data you have saved locally.
    Select Yes to confirm.
    Once your console restarts, try launching your game again.

If it does the same thing, our best option is to perform a factory reset to remove potentially corrupted data on your console. There's an option to keep your games and apps so you won't need to reinstall them all.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
  3. MV330 Win User

Gta endlessly loading 2023

Yes all other games work just fine. But it seems that just gta won’t work. Ever since I tried to play it on my Xbox series x it has not worked. I don’t have the updated version of gta it is still the normal game but I looked it up and it said you can still play normal gta on Xbox series x.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

External SSD on Xbox Series X?

The games on the SSD will run fine on it. You won't need to move them to the Xbox Series X storage to play them. Only the Xbox Series X games & games optimized for Series X will need to be played on the consoles own storage.
  5. y0itsdanni Win User

Is the Seagate 1TB Expansion + hard drive compatible with Xbox Series X?

So just to double check - if I get a Series X and I plug my hard drive into it, I won’t be able to play MWII? I will have to re purchase the game as the Series X version?
  6. cpt sheridan Win User

Forza Horizon 4 won't connect to online session, but does connect to The Trial and Playground games

I don't know if these server problems are related to the updates they do for the game.

I remember not long after I installed the game on my Xbox series x last year it received an update a day or 2 later and I started getting a server error message on my Xbox series x yet on my Xbox one x the game played fine without an error message.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x won’t play games but starts fine - Similar Threads - series won’t play

2. My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range: My Xbox series s won’t connect to my Sony Bravia link it says out of range 1d98f5e7-ffeb-470b-a34e-5124caef8394
  3. Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t let me run 120hz and 1440p: I bought an Odyssey g55a monitor which supports 144hz and 1440p but for some reason my Xbox series x won’t allow me to run 120hz and 1440p. If I change it to 120hz, the resolution drops to 1080p...
  4. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  5. Series x won’t connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x won’t connect to live: Went to tun on series x and won’t connect to Xbox network… I did a wired test network connection and it says console connected to internet can’t watch disney + or play anything online the Home...
  6. Won’t Medal of Honor European assault play on Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won’t Medal of Honor European assault play on Xbox series X?: I get a message that says that this title is no backwards compatible but the website doesn’t list it as such 931e0123-b3c7-46f7-b33d-286a11b7e2da
  7. Series S xbox won’t let me play X/S games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series S xbox won’t let me play X/S games?: I’ve recently gotten an xbox one S, tried resetting almost everything on my console but still keeps saying my games aren’t compatible, could it somehow be connected to my older xbox one settings?...
  8. My Xbox series x connects to the internet but won’t let me play online, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x connects to the internet but won’t let me play online, why?: I’ve tried everything. I had a dude from Xfinity come out and give me a new modem, he changed the coaxial cable and even took off the wall thing and replaced it. I’ve reset my Xbox a billion...
  9. Why won’t my Xbox series x connect to xbox live when trying to playing Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox series x connect to xbox live when trying to playing Xbox 360 games?: Last week, I tried to play black ops 2 because all the servers got fixed but when I tried to connect, I get an error stating my console will not connect to Xbox live. I know it’s not my internet...
  10. My Xbox series s won’t let me play any form of multiplayer for rainbow six siege

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series s won’t let me play any form of multiplayer for rainbow six siege: What is happening is I bought it and whenever I try to play quick match or ranked/unranked games it directs me to buy Xbox game pass. But if I try to play single player it lets me. Why is this...