Xbox Series X won’t let me use 1440p with 120hz?

Discus and support Xbox Series X won’t let me use 1440p with 120hz? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an MSI monitor that outputs 120hz but when I try to use the 1440p setting with that it says it does not support it. I don’t know what to do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DudsMarvelo, Nov 24, 2022.

1. DudsMarvelo
    DudsMarvelo Guest

I have an MSI monitor that outputs 120hz but when I try to use the 1440p setting with that it says it does not support it. I don’t know what to do

:)

DudsMarvelo, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Ron Amihai Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

Until you don't proof me this specific monitor (Xiaomi Mi Curved 34) enables 1440p@120hz with Xbox Series X, your comment is meaningless.

Yeah, there are some monitors with 1440p@120hz support for Xbox series s/x, that simply doesn't mean that ANY 1440p+ monitor with 120hz+ (especially 144hz+) can do it. Period.

I've tried everything, that (1440p@120hz) simply doesn't work with that monitor. I've already listed every step I've tried, I'm not gonna write it again.

Please read previous comments before posting the same dried comments...
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

What's the model number of your MSI monitor?
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Why can’t I run 1440p at 120hz on Xbox series x?

you completely missed the target with this one, to much eggnog yeah.

the xbox series x will not allow the OP to select 1440p at 120hz.

OP - the monitor must have proper vesa timings listed in its edid for the xbox to use, if it does not list 1440p 120hz in the edid for hdmi then the xbox will not use it.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Series X 1440p Monitor

monitor for Xbox Series X at 1440p 120hz. If you have trouble getting 1440p 120hz on the Series X using the provided Microsoft hdmi cable, try switching it with the one that came with the monitor. At first I could not get 120hz using the provided hdmi cable that came with the Xbox, but switched it to the one that came with the monitor and the option for 1440p 120hz finally became selectable.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/reviews/lenovo-legion-y27q-20-27-ips-led-qhd-freesync-gaming-monitor-hdmi-raven-black/6404024

Looks like.the monitor is picky

As it has issues with ps5 and series x

Odd it requires a hdmi 2.0 rather then a hdmi 2.1 cable

That was a comment by another user also Bestbuy has Lenovo experts in ther
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

120hz

for 120hz you need i think hdmi2.1.

besides connecting the s at 120hz is not going to magically let it run at 120fps, you will be lucky to get 40fps on most games. kills my eyes running so slow.
    HDMI 2.1 is only needed if you plan to game at 4K for 120hz , on a 4K 144hz monitor, However there's no gaming monitors available at the moment, that yet has HDMI 2.1, the first HDMI 2.1 monitors that are likely to come in are around the same time as the
    Series X (Q4) launch or early 2021 (Q1),

1080p and some 1440p monitors can do 120hz over HDMI 1.4 if it's supported, but best ideally is HDMI 2.0 for 1440p for 120hz,

HDMI 2.0 can do 1080p / 1440p at 120hz and 4K at 60hz,

HDMI 2.1 can do 1080p / 1440p / 4K at 120hz.

For the Xbox Series X, it best to get a 4K TV or monitor that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1, to get the full potential out of the Series X.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X won’t let me use 1440p with 120hz? - Similar Threads - Series won’t let

2. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting me from the internet over and over again and won’t let...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting me from the internet over and over again and won’t let...: My Xbox series X while I’m playing a game will randomly disconnect from the internet (I have a wired connection). Everytime I load up the game again it will disconnect me over and over and keep...
  3. Series S xbox won’t let me play X/S games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series S xbox won’t let me play X/S games?: I’ve recently gotten an xbox one S, tried resetting almost everything on my console but still keeps saying my games aren’t compatible, could it somehow be connected to my older xbox one settings?...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox series x let me install Roblox? It will start to install the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my Xbox series x let me install Roblox? It will start to install the game but...: My Roblox won’t let me install it and play it. I have tried restarting my Xbox. I’ve tried clearing my cache. Tried hard resetting. I’ve tried it all. The game will start to install but stop at...
  5. My Xbox series x connects to the internet but won’t let me play online, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x connects to the internet but won’t let me play online, why?: I’ve tried everything. I had a dude from Xfinity come out and give me a new modem, he changed the coaxial cable and even took off the wall thing and replaced it. I’ve reset my Xbox a billion...
  6. My Xbox series s is saying it’s not compatible with starfield it won’t even let me download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series s is saying it’s not compatible with starfield it won’t even let me download...: It keeps saying it’s not compatible it’s a series s it should be compatible? 1caed359-1d53-4e4b-80bf-82a17d79f12f
  7. My Xbox series s won’t let me play any form of multiplayer for rainbow six siege

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series s won’t let me play any form of multiplayer for rainbow six siege: What is happening is I bought it and whenever I try to play quick match or ranked/unranked games it directs me to buy Xbox game pass. But if I try to play single player it lets me. Why is this...
  8. My Xbox series S is trying to update upon turning on but won’t let me fully access the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S is trying to update upon turning on but won’t let me fully access the wifi...: My Xbox series S is trying to update as soon as I turn it on but the only wifi network I have access to requires me to accept the terms and conditions but the console won’t let me get that far...
  9. New series x won’t let me add account

in XBoX Accessibility
    New series x won’t let me add account: I just bought a new Xbox series x I did the update load to Home Screen go to add new for adding my account it starts loading circle then nothing happens n goes back to Home Screen I tried...
  10. Xbox series s won’t let me add my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox series s won’t let me add my account.: I’ve factory reset my Xbox. I’ve deleted everything. I’ve checked my internet everything is fine, but when I click add a account it sends me to a loading screen, then just stops and never pulls...