Xbox Series X won’t let me use 1440p with 120hz?

Discus and support Xbox Series X won’t let me use 1440p with 120hz? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an MSI monitor that outputs 120hz but when I try to use the 1440p setting with that it says it does not support it. I don’t know what to do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DudsMarvelo, Nov 24, 2022.

1. DudsMarvelo
    DudsMarvelo Guest

I have an MSI monitor that outputs 120hz but when I try to use the 1440p setting with that it says it does not support it. I don’t know what to do

:)

DudsMarvelo, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X - 1440p?

Hi,

The maximum supported resolution of Series S will be 1440P. Series X just like the Xbox One X before it will support 1440P too.

It will work on your monitor, don't worry.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Will the Xbox Series X work on a 1080p TV?

Yes, The Xbox Series X will play at 1080p fine, but the Xbox Series X is a 4K gaming console,

If you're not planning to upgrade to a 4K TV / Monitor, I'd say it not worth getting the Series X in my opinion, you're much better off with the Xbox Series S as that is a 1080p / 1440p gaming console and you'll save some money if you're staying at 1080p,

at 4:45 has some info on the Series S.

https://youtu.be/7S3s7NCVzDQ?t=285

https://youtu.be/VIHny-XP8jM
  4. SasaAsasa Win User

Xbox Series X - no support for 120hz on HDMI 2.0 TVs under 4k? (ie 1080p/1440p)

CAn i run xbox series x on 1440P 165mhz monito with HDMI 2.0? I will be able to use 144hz/120hz on 1440P?

Somebody said this to me here:'in bandwidth theory yes, in reality most likely not. 1440p @ 120fps, gives your around 3,3 Gbps pr. channel in 10bit, and should land but the XsX will not output it if it does not detect
    HDMI 2.1."
  5. Ron Amihai Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

Until you don't proof me this specific monitor (Xiaomi Mi Curved 34) enables 1440p@120hz with Xbox Series X, your comment is meaningless.

Yeah, there are some monitors with 1440p@120hz support for Xbox series s/x, that simply doesn't mean that ANY 1440p+ monitor with 120hz+ (especially 144hz+) can do it. Period.

I've tried everything, that (1440p@120hz) simply doesn't work with that monitor. I've already listed every step I've tried, I'm not gonna write it again.

Please read previous comments before posting the same dried comments...
  6. 22 savegeCfg Win User

Game

My xbox one won,t let me play games
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X won’t let me use 1440p with 120hz? - Similar Threads - Series won’t let

2. Why won’t Xfinity Wi-Fi connect on my Xbox series s ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t Xfinity Wi-Fi connect on my Xbox series s ?: Xbox takes me to Microsoft where the sign in page shows up however, the button to actually sign in isn’t available to click on, meaning I can’t sign in. Any ways to fix this?...
  3. New Series X bought today, won’t download anything past 8 gigs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Series X bought today, won’t download anything past 8 gigs: I can download smaller games, under a gig or two, but anything bigger gets stuck somewhere between 1.5 gigs and 10 gigs, it gives me an error code, 0x87e0000f, but nothing there helped, tried MAC...
  4. Xbox series S not showing up on TV, won’t go to Troubleshooting screen either.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S not showing up on TV, won’t go to Troubleshooting screen either.: Hello, I have an Xbox series S that I’ve had for about 4-5 years. About 2 months ago I went to turn it on but it would not show up on the TV. After trying every button combination including...
  5. Xbox 360 profile won’t download for Xbox series s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 profile won’t download for Xbox series s: Need help on what to do about it 42a5f1f9-e4d8-46cc-9edc-32a3b9939e6d
  6. Xbox elite series 2 controller won’t connect via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller won’t connect via usb: I recently bought an elite series 2 controller to use on my pc and it was working perfectly fine(through usb cable) but starting yesterday it kept on disconnecting over and over again. I bought a...
  7. Why won’t it let me play gta5 on Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me play gta5 on Xbox series S: Everytime I open gta 5 on My Xbox series S it says “if you bought this online, make sure you’re signed in. If you don’t have rights for playing it, you’ll need to get it at the Microsoft store”...
  8. Some games won’t let me load past the main menu unless I hard reset on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some games won’t let me load past the main menu unless I hard reset on Xbox Series S: So as the title says, there are times where my Xbox series S just won’t let me get past the main menu on some of my games unless I hard reset. The control works as I could have literally just been...
  9. Xbox series x shut off and won’t let me reconnect to 5g wifi

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x shut off and won’t let me reconnect to 5g wifi: Hello everyone so earlier I was playing on my series x and mid game it randomly shut off. When I turned it back on I found it wouldn’t connect to my 5g WiFi, but it would connect to my regular...
  10. Xbox series x won’t let me sign into my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t let me sign into my account: Hi there i just bought an xbox series x and it won’t let me sign Intro my xbox account i get the loading circle and then just stop’s anything i can do to get it working?...