Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either

Discus and support Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Anybody have this issue?? A have tried everything!! fcac589e-5e09-4d16-8763-bdd72d1396d8 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndresArrieta Amell, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either

Anybody have this issue?? A have tried everything!!

:)

AndresArrieta Amell, Nov 14, 2020
  2. GabrielD
    GabrielD New Member
    I have the same problem.
    Is anyone having a wifi connection problem in the 5GHz frequency range?
    My Xbox Series X even connects to the 5GHz frequency. However, do not access the internet. In 2.4GHz it is already conquering the internet. I have other devices, including the Xbox One that connects without problems at 5GHz.

GabrielD, Nov 14, 2020
  3. der Metatron Win User

Xbox one x losing nat with reboot

Yeah I should not, but the X is not working as intended!

The total randomness continues. Today I could not connect to XBL and I tried the workaround with the DNS and it did not work. No DNS Server was found 0.0.0.0. Then I unplugged the LAN Cable and connected to my WiFi, did not work either. Then I clicked on
    DNS automatic and suddenly I was connected and had a open NAT. Then I plugged in the LAN cable and I got the same result.
  4. wodkafordays Win User

Xbox Series X disconnects from 5Ghz internet every 20-30 minutes.

I don't understand on why my original xbox one was fine with 5GHZ but the series x just doesnt want to stay connected to it. And I'm unable to connect an ethernet cable as teh modem/router is no where near my xbox so I dont know how to improve the connection to my xbox
  5. FleecyDuke Win User

: Xbox 360 DNS Server Problem

Try to connect to the internet/xbox live with a LAN cable.

Or...

---Google DNS and Port

DNS1 - 8.8.8.8

DNS2 - 8.8.4.4

Port - 3074 (you might need to open this first via port forwarding / uPnP
    in the router settings)

If the Xbox still doesn't connect; Hard reset it with LAN cable connected to the internet. Make sure you use the right LANport of your router.

*You can also try to connect with the WPS function

It's always possible the xbox's Wi-Fi receiver isn't functional anymore (broken)

Have a nice day, hope this works ..
  6. MarmiteOP Win User

Hotspot not working for series X/S

Hi

I have had similar problems with my sons series x dropping internet connection and the only way of curing this was connecting the console directly to the router with an Ethernet Cable. It now works with no issues. I hope this helps.

And to add my sons Xbox one worked perfectly on our WiFi with no issues but the series x has issues, I’ve no idea why it has these issues but the cable sorted it.

Marmite
  7. ErikLawson Win User

Unable to send or receive messages

Thanks for the reply. I can safely rule out any connection issues. I have two different WiFi connections, 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz connections, it doesn't work on either one and my console is in the same room as my router.

But to be thorough, I have also tested with Ethernet and I have the same issue. Internet speed is 200 Mb download, 25Mb upload.

Also, the messaging on the Android app doesn't work on my 4G data connection either.
Thema:

Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either

1. Xbox Series X won’t connect to 5GHZ internet... Doesn't work with LAN cable either - Similar Threads - Series won’t connect

2. Series x won’t connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x won’t connect to live: Went to tun on series x and won’t connect to Xbox network… I did a wired test network connection and it says console connected to internet can’t watch disney + or play anything online the Home...
  3. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series S connect to the internet?: All of a sudden today my Xbox stopped connecting to the internet, I know it’s not a problem with the wifi as my phone and tv are connected to it and working fine. I reset the Xbox multiple times...
  5. Series S won’t connect to home WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S won’t connect to home WiFi: Before a couple days ago my Xbox ran normally for the past 3 years but then it just disconnected from my home WiFi and won’t connect again but all my other devices such as my phone are connected...
  6. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  7. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  8. Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller won’t connect to my Xbox one: I’m trying to connect a next gen controller to my Xbox one. It works, but then it constantly disconnects. Does anybody know what could be the issue or had this issue?...
  9. My sons g923 connects to his series x won’t work, when we connect it the wheel spins but we...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My sons g923 connects to his series x won’t work, when we connect it the wheel spins but we...: Trouble connecting g923 to Xbox x 208fba5e-e859-44f7-944e-29c7136b04f8
  10. why won’t me xbox series x connect to my tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won’t me xbox series x connect to my tv: okay so christmas is today and my mom had gotten me a new xbox series x. so i have 2 xboxs previously and i upgraded from a series s to x. so as i unplug the series s to plug in the x, that it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Xbox Series X 5GHz WiFi