Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.

Discus and support Xbox Series X woes. Will not update. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For some reason, I have an Xbox Series X system update issue. It will not update correctly connecting to WIFI or a physical connection to my Internet,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LongjumpingCompany61, Apr 26, 2024.

  1. Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.


    For some reason, I have an Xbox Series X system update issue. It will not update correctly connecting to WIFI or a physical connection to my Internet, so I got it shipped off to Microsoft to fix the issue. They said nothing was wrong with it, and shipped it back and it was broken. Fed up, I just bought another new Xbox, and sure enough, same issue. It will not do system updates. It can download games, I can play multiplayer, everything is fine, until it's time to update the console.

    It will begin to update, it blasts through the download step, then it goes to verify, gets to around 38% and freezes for about a minute then errors out.

    Says there was a problem Error code: 0x8007045D 0x00000000 0x90000006

    I can try again, check network, skip and play offline, or shut down.

    My wifi is fine, again, I can download games, I can play online when my device is up to date, I can even update games, but system update kills me.

    Now, in the past, I have followed the troubleshooting steps to do an offline system update. I download the OS file to my computer, extract it to a formatted USB drive, power on the Xbox in the dev mode, insert the USB, and update. That worked in the past, but now, following the steps exactly the same, it's not working.

    I process the offline update and it keeps promoting me to update. Stating my source OS does not match the target OS, as if I'm not getting the up to date version from Microsoft. So now I'm stuck and I can't play online at all, and I'm really stumped. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about why this is a constant issue?

    submitted by /u/LongjumpingCompany61
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/LongjumpingCompany61, Apr 26, 2024
    #1
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    Pre download Xbox Series X games

    Not really...

    Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

    You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

    As an example...

    I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  3. Silverstride Win User

    XBOX ONE X

    Are you talking about the Xbox One X or the Xbox Series X?

    If it's for the Xbox One X, I am not sure. However, there are a few articles on the google news page from two days ago. Just type 'Xbox Series X June Update.'
  4. 4thWardATLPONYTAIL Win User

    Game won't update

    My Xbox X series just said update an I pressed update console but it won’t update
  5. ll Ronin ll Win User

    Update woes!

    The lighting wasn't that great on the pc either when the new lighting was introduced. I'm sure it'll get fixed in a future update, as it did on the pc. The lighting on the console sucks anyways, due to the gamma I believe, so it'll never be as good as it
    should be.

    For the people experiencing a lot of lag, how old is your xbox? I have one of the newer ones and I have yet to experience the lag you're getting.
  6. Hanzo Storm Bow Win User

    Update woes!

    [quote user="WILK0"]

    Don't shoot the messenger please...

    [/quote]

    You're not giving a message, you're giving an opinion. For that, you may be shot.
Thema:

Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X woes. Will not update. - Similar Threads - Series woes update

  2. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  3. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  4. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  5. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  6. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  7. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  8. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...