Xbox series X with a soundbar

Discus and support Xbox series X with a soundbar in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hope someone can help. I have an Xbox one X currently plugged into a soundbar via optical working perfect. I have just got a series x which obviously... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NICK8291, Nov 13, 2020.

  1. NICK8291
    NICK8291 Guest

    Xbox series X with a soundbar


    Hope someone can help. I have an Xbox one X currently plugged into a soundbar via optical working perfect. I have just got a series x which obviously doesn’t have an optical a lot. I play through a gaming monitor with no speaker built in, and the monitor
    does not have an optical slot on. Soundbar doesnt have USB either.

    Trying to figure a way to connect the new Xbox with an adapter and just can’t work out what I would need. Don’t want to get a new monitor as it’s brand new. Soundbar doesn’t have HDMI. ANy ideas? Thanks in advance

    :)
     
    NICK8291, Nov 13, 2020
    #1
  2. Helloimbob Win User

    Xbox Series X Dolby Atmos sound delay

    Hi,

    unfortunately the series x doesnt have an optical audio out port so that is not an option - and that also doesnt solve the issue which is specific to dolby atmos.

    So according to the manual for the panasonic soundbar i need to run two hdmi cables from the xbox - one to the tv for dolby vision/ALLM and then a second one to the soundbar for the sound

    Obviously theres only one HDMI out socket on the series x so i assume this is not possible?
  3. Georges C. Win User

    xbox series x soundbar

    Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is welcome to the community.

    Hello Treformassey, usually this is related to the type of HDMI output, which the soundbar has, if it has the capacity to make the 120Hz.

    Ideally, check the Lg website in the manual or in the user guide to see if you can find something related to the HDMI ports of the soundbar, and also about the settings it offers.
  4. EhsaanShaikh Win User

    Dolby digital on XBOX Series X

    Yes i know it doesn’t support dolby atmos but it supports dolby digital which xbox series x does and i connect xbox to hdmi into soundbar it does give me option for 5.1 but resolution drops to 1080p
  5. Ben Levy1 Win User

    Certain games on my Xbox series x launch with no sound

    Absolutely agree.

    So your set up is presumably just Xbox Series X to TV via HDMI and the sound comes out of you TV speakers? Interesting if that’s the case and further confirms that the soundbar is not the problem (if only Samsung would listen!)
  6. Nick de Man Win User

    new Xbox series X sound and image are not correct (tested with Halo mcc)

    Tried everything, still problems with sound and picture not syncing. Is this a software issue, or could it be a hardware issue as well since I just got the Xbox Series X?

    EDIT: its a known issue by other gamers, see the link below;

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...th-dolby/ef7c9ff6-7d58-41e1-8d4a-b61686729b2f

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZ2JgFgMCE

    EDIT: Xbox directly to TV no sound lag, but to soundbar the lag is clearly noticeable ... the soundbar in question is optical, could that be the problem? I also put my headset on my controller, this works fine too... hope to hear from you, thanks in advance...
Thema:

Xbox series X with a soundbar

Loading...
  1. Xbox series X with a soundbar - Similar Threads - series soundbar

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

    in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  9. Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.: So I recently upgraded and setting up my series X I had it plugged directly into my tv and the picture was perfect and great. I have a soundbar that I use and when I plugged the series X into the...
  10. Series X and Astro A50’s Causing Soundbar Issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Series X and Astro A50’s Causing Soundbar Issue: My Series X has intermittent audio output to my soundbar. Xbox audio routes to TV via brand new 8K HDMI cable, then from TV to soundbar via Optical Audio cable. A50’s are installed via Bluetooth....