Xbox-series-x wireless network keeps saying that its wired.

Discus and support Xbox-series-x wireless network keeps saying that its wired. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i just picked up a new xbox series x from gamestop today 11/27/2020. I go to connect the wireless network and it connects fine. The console had a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamesMoccabee, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Xbox-series-x wireless network keeps saying that its wired.

So i just picked up a new xbox series x from gamestop today 11/27/2020. I go to connect the wireless network and it connects fine. The console had a update and reset. Now the xbox says that it is wired using a Ethernet cable when I'm not and I'm trying
    to connect to my wireless network. Help?

:)

JamesMoccabee, Nov 27, 2020
  2. CPT RAVE Win User

XBOX Series X Audio intermittent with A/V receiver

The Xbox series X is Hard wired with CAT 6. The TV and receiver are both wireless. I also use Blue-Ray 4K Disks (No network needed) and have the same issue. I have tried both, wireless and wired. I normally get over 800 Mbps.
  3. StolidMass Win User

Behind a cone NAT

Wired network as well. When diagnostics ran on X-box one it says open, and in Ghosts it says moderate. I tried switching to wireless and it went to strict then, but I prefer a wired network anyway.
  4. rtrcwbyCX Win User

I cant download games it just started happening a day ago idk what to do.

I'm going to go one better here. I have done all of these steps, and I'm having ENDLESS issues with BOTH an XBox Series S and an XBox Series X. Problem started on June 20th on BOTH boxes. Wired and wireless for both boxes. before anyone says that my home network is broken, I have 2 PCs, several MACs, and a SLEW of other devices having no issues at all on the several wired and wireless networks. I run 4 different SSIDs because, reasons, and the issue followed the XBox, not the network. I finally did a full reset on my series S and continued having issues with downloads starting, running for a while, and halting. I could only get it to continue downloading by rebooting the console.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Set up issue

Are you using a wired or wireless internet connection?

Try a wired connection (ethernet cable) to your network hardware and restart the console. It should connect and do the required OS update.

If wireless choose a factory refresh of the console. After the refresh is complete, input the console setup details again.

Setup new Series X S has further details.
  6. StarImpact1 Win User

Pointless since no real support but can't access my Xbox Series X or S since 24hrs and nothing works

Wired connection for the Series X and wireless for the Series S. Doesn't seem to make much difference.
Thema:

Xbox-series-x wireless network keeps saying that its wired.

1. Xbox-series-x wireless network keeps saying that its wired. - Similar Threads - series wireless network

2. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  3. Every time I turn on my series x it disconnects from my wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I turn on my series x it disconnects from my wireless network: I can eventually get it to sometimes connect after typing in the correct password and attempting to connect numerous times. The signal strength of my wireless network shows up as 4 bars when...
  4. Hi there my Xbox series s isn't connecting to my wireless wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there my Xbox series s isn't connecting to my wireless wifi network: I had bought my Xbox series s in Spain in July but then I came to the uk the same day that I came to the uk I tried connecting my wireless wifi it wasn't showing first at all but then I cleared...
  5. My Xbox series x won’t show wireless networks or connect to any network all day. I’ve reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x won’t show wireless networks or connect to any network all day. I’ve reset...: I reset everything multiple times . Wi-Fi is on and everthing else is connected. 695eae9e-fd26-4c04-bb1e-0dea7ea69910
  6. My network does not work wirelessly on Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My network does not work wirelessly on Series X.: My Xbox Series X says it is connected to my network but then says "the following services are having issues at the moment" but is blank, not showing what service. When on the home menu, it tells...
  7. My Series S update/network problems. Won’t connect to wireless internet, says wired is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S update/network problems. Won’t connect to wireless internet, says wired is...: ****. This has been going on for weeks now. I’m about ready to smash it. 77f56b7e-5053-4e63-ad42-0fe98d1c17ba
  8. Xbox series S wont connect to wireless network after power reset/hard reset/ setting changes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S wont connect to wireless network after power reset/hard reset/ setting changes: nothing has worked for no specific reason besides ethernet which isn’t available for me and i tried hard resetting it but the issue came back a day later and it is persisting on not letting me...
  9. My Series X can't detect any wireless networks ps5 it is

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X can't detect any wireless networks ps5 it is: So after 40 minutes of this stuttering support lady trying to blame home router for why my xbox doesn't pick up any wifi connections on scanning . She finally concludes and so have I that it's...
  10. My Series s constantly disconnects from my wireless network and refuses to reconnect to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series s constantly disconnects from my wireless network and refuses to reconnect to the...: My Series s constantly disconnects from my wireless network and refuses to reconnect to the internet although I'm entering the correct password,what do I do? 4ba602b3-859f-4b62-a9f5-1accddfd7df8