Xbox Series X Wired Connection Problems at Hotel

Discus and support Xbox Series X Wired Connection Problems at Hotel in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. I'm currently staying at Air Force Lodging for a long training course and I brought my brand new series X with me for some Warzone.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lyndondaniel, Feb 4, 2021.

1. lyndondaniel
    lyndondaniel Guest

Hello Everyone.

I'm currently staying at Air Force Lodging for a long training course and I brought my brand new series X with me for some Warzone.

Problem is... the Wi-Fi is unsecured, overloaded, slow (>10 MB/s), which leads to a pretty unstable connection. (~300ms ping.... 50% packet loss... complete disconnection)

I was able to get in touch with the ISP today and a technician was kind enough to open up a data line here in the room through the CISCO IP Phone.

I now have a strong connection on that line at >70 MB/s and <1 ms ping but the troubles aren't over.

With 0 augmentation the console isn't able to connect to XBOX live and when checking the NAT Type/Multiplayer Connection I get the error "Can't get a Teredo IP Address".

Did some more googling... Discovered that if you select an alternate port under "Advanced Settings" this might resolve the issue.

I did this and it worked.... sorta.

Black Ops Multiplayer appears to work without issue (that i've seen), however, COD: Warzone Appears to not. (Won't get past 'Connecting to Xbox Live')

Additionally under network settings, the Nat Type remains "Moderate" with a new error message "UPnP not successful".

I've tried a number of remedies:

• Using the MAC Address for my wi-fi connected phone
    • Using the MAC Address for the IP phone in the room
    • Attempting to set a static IP
    • Manual DNS (Just the standard 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4
    • Calling back the ISP to see if they'd enable UPnP & IPv6
      • Guy said that it'd change the firewall settings and that's not something they can support
    • Cycling through all of the alternate ports and then checking connection with Warzone.
    Have I Exhausted all of my options?

Are the better requests I could make from the technicians at the ISP that can be implemented digitally without:

a) the need for a technician to be physically present

b) asking for mods to security protocols

:)

lyndondaniel, Feb 4, 2021
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

No, it's not possible to use an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S controller on an Xbox 360 even connected with a wire.
  3. TommyWilson8 Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

I have one Xbox (Series X) wired via Ethernet. I can play on WiFi with no disconnects but I prefer a wired connection for gaming.
  4. StarImpact1 Win User

Pointless since no real support but can't access my Xbox Series X or S since 24hrs and nothing works

Wired connection for the Series X and wireless for the Series S. Doesn't seem to make much difference.
  5. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Problems with Xbox Series X Wired Connection

6. AustinMaas Win User

Problems with Xbox Series X Wired Connection

I tried this and it worked for 2 days. Now I'm back to having the same issue of not being able to connect with a wired connection unless I clear my MAC address. Wireless still works fine.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Wired Connection Problems at Hotel - Similar Threads - Series Wired Connection

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  4. When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...: I got a new XBox Series X for Christmas, plugged it into my wired ethernet connection (the same one I was using for my PS4 console with no issues), and shortly after I did this I noticed my...
  5. I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...: I ran "test Multiplayer connection" option and I get " You have high packet loss" " your packet loss is 100% I then run "test network speed & statistics" and get the following "DL speed 61.76 UPL...
  6. Wired connection not working on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection not working on Xbox Series S: Hello I am not very tech-savvy when it comes to the internet and its connections. I am trying to have my Xbox Series S connect to the internet via an ethernet cable. I live in an apartment with...
  7. Two brand new Series X. One failing on hard wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two brand new Series X. One failing on hard wired connection.: Two brand new Series X; 1 fails with wired. One installed flawlessly, downloading all games using wired 1G connection. 2nd unit would start downloading ok, then speed would drop away to nothing...
  8. My xbox series s is saykng im wired to when im not and am trykng to connect bact to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s is saykng im wired to when im not and am trykng to connect bact to the...: How can i fix my xbox series s connection to go back to wireless 5f5059db-bf0d-4352-ab3c-f97b85c41100
  9. Xbox Series X/S controller not connecting to PC wired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/S controller not connecting to PC wired: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc however when plugged in by USB wire, the light just blinks and does not connect. My pc does not have Bluetooth support, but I know that the...
  10. Xbox Series S disconnects randomly from wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S disconnects randomly from wired connection: I’ve had my Xbox Series S for about a year now and haven’t experienced this problem until very recently. I also have a PC and a PS4 which I use the same ethernet cable for wired connections on...