Xbox series x will not allow sign in to child account

Discus and support Xbox series x will not allow sign in to child account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just got my kid a new series S for Xmas. Set it up as my home console, since I don't have any others, added his account as the child account, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by edward manley, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Xbox series x will not allow sign in to child account

I just got my kid a new series S for Xmas.

Set it up as my home console, since I don't have any others, added his account as the child account, and then signed him in and set it to default sign in for his account, since i will never use it.

I have gamepass ultimate, i use the pc end, he will use the xbox games end.

However this morning it will not let us sign in to his account no matter what.

Turn the console on and Just get

"fix this on the web"

There's a problem with your account. Fix it at account.live.com, then come back to sign in.

There's no error code, no indication what is actually wrong, and literally nothing "wrong" at account.live.com, I've checked, removed literally every restriction possible (if you're an adult reading this... don't bother with children's accounts, they're HORRIBLE wastes of time and microsoft is incompetent, just give them adult accounts and restrict those).

How am I meant to "fix" something without any information, error codes, or anything at all?

Hard rebooted, removed the account, and done everything already on the internet I could find.

I cannot add the controller to sign him in automatically to his account, BECAUSE I CANNOT LOG INTO HIS ACCOUNT....

:)

edward manley, Dec 27, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi edward manley,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi edward manley,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, your child account cannot sign in to Xbox Series X. There is no error code and you have tried available fixes that you know but still the issue persists. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

It is possible that you're trying to login the child account using the parent device or computer. To properly isolate this issue, we'd like to ask some questions:

1. Are you trying to log into the child account using the child's device or computer?
    2. Have you tried removing the child account from the family account and add it again?
    3. Have you tried logging in the child account to other computer to check if the credentials are correct?
    4. Have you tried to reset account password? Sometimes it triggers security sync and try to login the account of your child.
    5. Have you tried to login the to the child's account while in safe mode?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps on this article and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already. Troubleshoot giving parental consent when creating a child account | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Radu Andrei Țențea Win User

XBOX game pass ultimate UK region. 2 xbox (one S one X).

Both suggestions seem the same. I tried it. Does not work.

My series s is NOT set as home and only my account with xgu is signed in and playing.

My series x is set as home console and tried playing as a child. It complained that I am already playing. Asked me if i want to logout on the x. I did that. Only child was left logged in. Then game would not launch. Said person that bought it needs to be signed in. Frustrating.

Thanks!
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Minecraft realm privacy settings

You do not need to link any game to the child account. The organizer account should only set the privacy settings for the Xbox profile of the child account - which will be applied to any game the child plays.

The parent can do it on the Xbox official website:

- Ask the parent to sign in at: https://www.xbox.com

- Select the gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

- Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & online safety.

- Select the gamertag for the account that you want to manage. (in this case, your account - the child account)

- Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

- Review the current settings and update any that you want to change, and then select Submit to save the changes.

- Have the member sign in and then sign out of their account on the console to make sure the changes take effect.

Make sure your parent allow the following settings:

- “You can play with people outside of Xbox Live”

- “You can create and join clubs”

- “You can join multiplayer games”

Let me know how it goes.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

How do I make it so my child can stream on Xbox series s when hes old enough but it says it will be disabled

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

If your child's Xbox Series S account is set up as a child account, there are a few steps you can take to allow your child to stream on the console when they are old enough.

Make sure that your child's account is linked to a parent account. If it is not already linked, you can link the child account to a parent account by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" on the console, and then following the prompts to link the accounts.

Once the child account is linked to a parent account, the parent can change the privacy and online safety settings for the child account by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" > "Manage family members" > [child's name] > "Privacy & online safety".

Under the "Privacy & online safety" settings, the parent can change the settings for "Online safety" and "Broadcasting". For example, the parent can allow the child to participate in multiplayer gaming and share content online, or allow the child to stream content.

If the parent account is not able to change the settings for the child account, it may be because the child account is set up as a "Younger child" account. In this case, the parent will need to request that the child's account be converted to a "Child" account. This can be done by going to "Settings" > "Account" > "Family" > "Manage family members" > [child's name] > "Change to a child account".

I hope this information helps you allow your child to stream on the Xbox Series S.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x will not allow sign in to child account - Similar Threads - series allow sign

2. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  3. Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S: Hello. Could anyone tell me what are the specs I should look into when buying a monitor, so that it can be used for playing Fortnite on Xbox series S at 120fps? I have recently acquired a monitor...
  4. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  5. My profile is not allowed to play on the Xbox network for Xbox series X how can I fix this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My profile is not allowed to play on the Xbox network for Xbox series X how can I fix this: My profile is not allowed to play on Xbox network Xbox series X how can I fix this 646b01e6-88df-437b-9ab2-e29ae5af7aba
  6. Xbox series s not allowing cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series s not allowing cloud gaming: I have the xbox ultimate pass and can play the cloud based games no problem on pc, and other devices, however.... I keep getting "Failed to start cloud gaming session, unable to communicate with...
  7. Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app: Hello, When Xbox Series S audio is set to output uncompressed stereo with Passthrough enabled, Netflix and YouTube apps output uncompressed stereo instead of Dolby digital plus such as Disney+ or...
  8. (solved) Xbox series s not allowing me to connect to xbox live or start any game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    (solved) Xbox series s not allowing me to connect to xbox live or start any game.: So today i was about to play something on my Xbox series s and when i selected a game it reset my Xbox and now says i have a wired connection when i don't and now whenever i try to start any game...
  9. Are customers who bought series s consoles last Christmas be allowed to upgrade to the 1tb...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are customers who bought series s consoles last Christmas be allowed to upgrade to the 1tb...: I bought a new series s last Christmas and have been waiting for the price of the expansion cards to drop. With news of a 1tb series s console coming soon there should be an option to upgrade from...
  10. Xbox Series S Allow Passthrough Receiver not detecting Surround Formats

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Allow Passthrough Receiver not detecting Surround Formats: For whatever reason my Xbox Series S is having problems passing the audio to my receiver. I usually select 5.1 Uncompressed as the base and then when Netflix or Disney+ is playing a movie the...