Xbox Series X WiFi stopped working won’t RE-connect

Discus and support Xbox Series X WiFi stopped working won’t RE-connect in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox Series X WiFi stopped working won’t RE-connect Hi Xbox Series X wifi has suddenly Stopped working and won’t re-connect to my wifi (network uses... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by AdsWars, Mar 27, 2021.

1. AdsWars
    AdsWars Guest

Hi

Xbox Series X wifi has suddenly Stopped working and won’t re-connect to my wifi (network uses WPA2)

i was connected for weeks OK and get a good strong signal close to router but now suddenly i cant connect to my home wifi

i tested xbox incase wifi hardware fault but i can connect to mobile hotspot wifi

*** NO changes have been made to my home network or router has updated etc. (Linksys WHW03v2)

All other devices including xbox one s are working and i dont have any ISP issues (Virgin Media)

I am reading about so many wifi issues with WPA2 on Xbox Series X on forums and accross social media

i dont have mac filtering or ssid bandwidth channel issue’s etc etc etc. It was working 100% then stopped mid gaming

Is their major issues with these series of Xbox, how can i get my unit working again as i know there is nothing wrong on my home network?

MS support pages dont help past reboot router turn off wpa2 and generic turn off on suggestions....

Thanks in advance,

:)

AdsWars, Mar 27, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @AdsWars, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Jalen New Win User

If I do the console reset option that doesn’t remove games and apps on the Xbox series s, does it still remove all accounts as well?

Thankyou for the response, I have other things connected to my WiFi and are having no issues with them so my WiFi is on and working, I even pulled out my Xbox one and it’s having the same issues, I’ve reset my Xbox series s, and It won’t even let me finish the setup stages because it just simply won’t connect.
  4. Nate T999 Win User

Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box

I’m having the same issue. I got a series X about 2 weeks ago and it won’t stay connected to WiFi. It usually will only hold connection for a few minutes, anywhere from 2-20 maybe? A couple times it has maintained connection for multiple hours though that is very rare. It sits next to my Xbox One X and a few feet from my PS5, all of which connect to the same WiFi network without issue. Due to location of the router, a hardwire connection isn’t possible.
  5. y0itsdanni Win User

Is the Seagate 1TB Expansion + hard drive compatible with Xbox Series X?

So just to double check - if I get a Series X and I plug my hard drive into it, I won’t be able to play MWII? I will have to re purchase the game as the Series X version?
  6. JerryCallo Win User

Microsoft won't fix connections to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

The xbox series x/s is completely incapable of connecting to hidden wifi networks. There are various tricks/hacks people are using which may or may not work, but it is not supported natively.

I cannot connect to hidden wifi networks. It will not find my ssid when manually entered.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X WiFi stopped working won’t RE-connect - Similar Threads - Series WiFi stopped

2. My Xbox Series S knocks my internet/WiFi out.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S knocks my internet/WiFi out.: Hi all. I’ve noticed for a while - but never really put it together - every time i play my Xbox, it kicks all my other devices offline. Any suggestions? 58d1736d-a60d-418d-92bc-bf81d1bcea34
  3. X Box Series WiFi Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series WiFi Issue: Hello my guy has a X Box Series X and he's having to connect to WiFi almost everytime he cuts it on then most times it doesn't automatically connect and it makes us restart our router then it...
  4. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  5. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  6. Cant connect to wifi on Series X even though every other device in the house can

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to wifi on Series X even though every other device in the house can: Have owned the series.x for just under 6 hours. First impressions are that it is a complete pile of junk. Have never owned xbox consoles before and thinking I will ditch this one and go back to my...
  7. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  8. My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S works fine on hotspot but when I connect to wifi it doesn’t connect: I can watch YouTube but can’t load any games it just says I’m offline, I have tried Power cycling, unplugging Xbox and router and restarting I’ve soft reset and cleared alternative MAC address,...
  9. Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?: Live in apartments, should have at minimum 20 different wifi connections listed, currently have 0. This is an everyday occurance and blaming everybodies routers and isps is getting old. I have...
  10. Wifi stopped suddenly on xbox series X. HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi stopped suddenly on xbox series X. HELP!: Was playing GTA V n suddenly my wifi cuts out in the middle of the game. After trying to reconnect n talking to my net provider who did net tests I still have no wifi connection. Tried resetting...