Xbox Series X: When I Dolby Vision is turned on, the screen while running Dolby Vision...

Discus and support Xbox Series X: When I Dolby Vision is turned on, the screen while running Dolby Vision... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dolby Vision today just started turning my screen green while turning the apps that are Dolby Vision enabled (Netflix, Vudu,etc.) Once I turned off... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zidiouslowz, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Zidiouslowz
    Zidiouslowz Guest

Xbox Series X: When I Dolby Vision is turned on, the screen while running Dolby Vision...

Dolby Vision today just started turning my screen green while turning the apps that are Dolby Vision enabled (Netflix, Vudu,etc.) Once I turned off Dolby Vision, everything works fine. Changed cables and checked to make sure TV and Xbox are updated. Please help.

:)

Zidiouslowz, Dec 9, 2022
  2. AndrewParkes Win User

green flickers when going to dashboard.xbox series x

I have a series x connected to a Philips Amerlight 65pus8535 I get 5he silver metallic screen playing x/s dedicated games and it also appears while using Disney plus app from my tv apps! Is this a problem with my tv or is it a Dolby vision problem, I have turned off the dolby for gaming and this worked but in the detail list on my Xbox series x it says that the dolby vision may experience distortion?
  3. LogikCubed Win User

Xbox Series X - Screen Glitch/Distortion only during Game loading/static screens (not on any other app)

I had the exact same problem which didn't start until today, and I use my Xbox Series X every day..

Starting today, running any game would show me a screen like the op showed.

I turned off Dolby Vision on my LG 55C2 like Jesse Mass suggested (THANK YOU!) and that completely fixed the problem.

With regards to Dolby Vision...

So it's either a TV update that went through (current software version 03.33.65) and changed something (but I didn't notice a recent update), or the Xbox changed something (though the last Xbox update was over a month ago).

So I turned off Dolby Vision in the Xbox's video settings and now everything works fine (except for no Dolby Vision).
  4. Richard waddington Win User

How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has been ticked

Hi I have a Xbox series x with a Dolby vision compatible tv also will the allow Dolby vision playback selected in settings on and it still only displays in HDR only when playing 4k blu rays ? I have set it 4k 60hz and the games display in Dolby vision plus streaming apps but not 4k disc playback! Is this correct that the xbox series can’t do this ?
  5. Udder Discharge Win User

Xbox Series X Allow Dolby Vision/Dolby for Gaming and Allow Auto Low Latency Mode

Another Nuance came up. Now when streaming with dolby vision Off. Wnen I stream Dolby Content with Netflix through XBOX, within the XBOX settings upon launch of Netflix Dolby vision turns off ALLM in my XBOX and plays Dolby regardless of setting in the XBOX. And launching a game there after it does not turn off dolby vision for gaming or allow dolby vision, nor does it turn back on ALLM. I wanted to try to avoid changing the 4K options everytime I want to do something else.
  6. MarvinaPerez Win User

How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has been ticked

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

These are the correct steps for configuration, verify them:

Things to keep in mind:
    On Xbox Series X|S, Dolby Vision is available for gaming and media streaming apps.
    On Xbox One X and Xbox One S, Dolby Vision is available only for media streaming applications.

The original Xbox One console does not support Dolby Vision.
    Dolby Vision is not available for Blu-ray media playback.

To enable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow Dolby Vision.

To enable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow Dolby Vision for games.
    To check if your display supports Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > 4K TV details.

For best results, we recommend a direct wired connection from your Xbox to the TV, such as an HDMI cable.
    Note Check with your TV manufacturer for firmware updates and Dolby Vision game compatibility.

If your 4K@120Hz TV supports Dolby Vision games in 4K@60Hz but not 4K@120Hz, follow these instructions for Dolby games

Vision and contact the TV manufacturer.
    Games in Dolby Vision:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and go to Settings > General > TV & display options.
    Set Resolution to 4K.

Set Refresh Rate to 60Hz.
    Play at 120 fps:
    Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and go to Settings > General > TV & display options.
    Set Resolution to 4K.

Set Refresh Rate to 120Hz.
    If your TV has the latest firmware and you experience screen latency or input lag while playing games in Dolby Vision, disable Dolby Vision while playing games and contact the TV manufacturer.

To disable Dolby Vision, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes > Allow Dolby Vision > Disable.

If your TV or monitor displays a blank screen after enabling Dolby Vision, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable. If you still see a blank screen, restart your Xbox console:
    Press and hold the Xbox  button on your controller.
    Select Turn off console or Restart console > Restart.

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...o enable Dolby Vision, press,de video > Allow %20Dolby%20Vision.

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X: When I Dolby Vision is turned on, the screen while running Dolby Vision... - Similar Threads - Series Dolby Vision

2. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  3. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  4. Dolby Atmos not working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos not working on Xbox Series X: Hello, I tried researching this topic and root causing my issue but I'm still not able to hear audio when I set my receiver to Dolby Atmos. I have a new Denon receiver (AVR-S760S) and an Xnoc...
  5. Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels)

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos Issue (Series X Rear Channels): Something has changed with Dolby Atmos on my Series X. The test tone plays fine, Atmos films and native Atmos games play fine, but anything that isn't native Atmos (where the app/Xbox is...
  6. Series X Dolby Atmos not working on Phillips OLED 708/12 Google TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Dolby Atmos not working on Phillips OLED 708/12 Google TV: Hi I have a setup which works fine with Dolby Atmos from netflix or any other app that supports Atmos (like Disney+) for example...but not on the Xbox. Despite option being enabled there is no...
  7. Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X not outputting Dolby Atmos for 4k Blurays: My receiver tells me the audio format that it is receiving from components. It says Dolby Atmos from my Xbox Series X when I play games and stream Netflix. However, when I put in a 4k Bluray and...
  8. Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.: I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never loads. I’ve never had this issue and yes I’ve...
  9. HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X: So in january of 2023 I bought a brand new Hisense 65 inch 4k HDR (Dolby Vision) TV and a Xbox Series X (previously had a 4k non-HDR tv and a series S). I of course set up the HDR in all its glory...
  10. Dolby atmos for home theater not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby atmos for home theater not working on my Xbox series s: Hi, I’m just bought the xbox series s, my tv and sound bar is support Dolby atmos. Sound bar is sonos ARC plug with hdmi arc port at tv. I have try to select dolby atmos for home theater (hdmi...