Xbox Series X warranty started early and unable to purchase Microsoft Complete.

Discus and support Xbox Series X warranty started early and unable to purchase Microsoft Complete. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I pre-ordered my Xbox Series X through Microsoft on the 22nd of September and received it yesterday (10th of November). Since I ordered it through... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CH4otiC WaVe, Nov 11, 2020.

1. CH4otiC WaVe
    CH4otiC WaVe Guest

Hi,

I pre-ordered my Xbox Series X through Microsoft on the 22nd of September and received it yesterday (10th of November). Since I ordered it through Microsoft my console was already registered to my account and for some reason the warranty started in September,
    this should have started yesterday as that was when I received it and I effectively loosing 1 month and a half of warranty. Also I am unable to purchase Microsoft complete through the Xbox store on my console as it displays an error button, I am guessing this
    is because my original warranty started in September.

I believe this is an issue across the board as lots of people on reddit are having the same issue, therefore Microsoft needs to fix the issue as a whole instead of on multiple individual basis.

:)

CH4otiC WaVe, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Lt Farty Pants Win User

Warranty

I got in the chat early this morning on the Microsoft Complete warranty website and added the extended warranty for $49 to my Series X. Took about 15 minutes total to have it added.

You have 45 days after purchase to add the warranty.
  3. Lt Farty Pants Win User

extended warranty

I pre ordered my Series X through Best Buy and received it and registered it on my Microsoft account on Nov 11th.

Just this morning I went online to Microsoft Complete warranty website and started an online chat and purchased the extended warranty through Microsoft for $49 plus tax.

All they did was went online and saw my Series X was registered and added on the extended warranty for me.

It is really a good deal at $49 and covers 1 console replacement and 2 controller replacements for 3 years. Best Buy warranty is $69 for 2 years and only covers 1 console replacement and 1 controller replacement.
  4. DSh2 Win User

Controller left trigger sticking

I bought the Series X back in Feb. 2021 and I think the 3 month warranty has been passed (assuming it starts upon purchase). I have a "Microsoft Limited Warranty" that will expire on March 2022 but I'm not sure if that covers hardware. I did have a glimpse at the "out of warranty" repairs but did not see a controller listed except for the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 (I'm US territory).
  5. Nighthawk_81 Win User

Protection plan

Yes its possible, you have 45 days from when you receive the xbox to purchase the warranty

Just login to your microsoft account, go to devices and select your series x, there should be some info on contacting microsoft to extend the warranty.
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

What started as a subtle noise on my first 6 month old Series X turned into a complete failure of the disc drive and the console was replaced under warranty.

Don't leave it to late to get it repaired or replaced under warranty.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X warranty started early and unable to purchase Microsoft Complete. - Similar Threads - Series warranty started

2. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  3. Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs: Just A Question Is their any repair options by Microsoft India after warranty period of Xbox Series X. If anyone have gone through the process,please enlighten me Thank You BTW My xbox is...
  4. Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?: Warranty ran out one month ago exactly. The console turns on then 10 seconds later turns off. I've asked Microsoft about repairs an been quoted £193 for a £200 console. Won't be buying an xbox...
  5. Automatic warranty extension for xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Automatic warranty extension for xbox series x: I bought an Xbox Series X From a retailer, and when I registered a Microsoft account to see the device warranty, I found that it will expire on January 12, 2025, but after 5 days of use, I entered...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 - 1 year Warranty in EU

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 - 1 year Warranty in EU: Greetings, I bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller last week and just finished registering the device in my Microsoft account. The warranty lasts until March 2025. I live in the EU, but...
  7. How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.: My xbox is out of warranty and I didn't know until now that I can do something about it. My controller has stick drift and is difficult to play games like warzone, Fortnite, Forza etc. What do I...
  8. Warranty - xbox series x Hdmi port is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty - xbox series x Hdmi port is broken: I have a xbox series x and the Hdmi port is broken. A couple prongs on the end have come away. Xbox is still under warranty, can I get this fixed through the warranty?...
  9. Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty issue.: Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty only gave me seven months instead of a year. Bought on the 20/12/23 from Argos registered warranty on 29/12/23. When I registered it today It says the...
  10. Does the warranty cover the Xbox series controller's trigger strength difference?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the warranty cover the Xbox series controller's trigger strength difference?: My new Xbox series controller have some problem with its trigger strength. One side of the trigger take a lot more force to push down than the other one. Is the warranty cover for this problem...