Xbox series X warranty service repair question

Discus and support Xbox series X warranty service repair question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've discovered that the disc drive on my xbox series x (purchased from online bundle from gamestop) does not function correctly. The disc gets stuck... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J904, Feb 21, 2021.

1. J904
    J904 Guest

I've discovered that the disc drive on my xbox series x (purchased from online bundle from gamestop) does not function correctly. The disc gets stuck halfway when being pulled in, as if any disc cannot even fit in the slot (or something is wrong with the disc drive itself) and it makes whirring and clicking noises.

Microsoft.com shows that my console is still under a manufacturers warranty and i was going to fill out a service repair request and ship it in for repair (or replacement), but i wanted to ask if i should be concerned about my profile/my games/my online payment information being on the console when i send it in for repair. The last time i sent a console in for repair or replacement was over a decade ago when i had RROD with a 360 so i can't remember whether or not you need to worry about your profile/online payment information/etc being on your console when you send it to Microsoft for service.

Although i would like to think any customer should not need to worry about their profile/information on an xbox they have sent in for repair, this question seems more important regarding the issue on the xbox warranty service request form which mentions that in the event your console cannot be repaired they will send you a replacement instead, in the event your console will remain with microsoft and you are shipped a replacement is there any assurance that your profile/information of your old console will be wiped/not able to be tampered with?

I had hoped to find an official Microsoft customer support email address to which i could ask this question but i couldn't find one and microsoft.com says that customer support by both phone/online chat is not available for hardware problems/questions like this...

:)

2. PlushRelic54582 Win User

Xbox series x

Hello, As Your Xbox Series X won’t turn on, there’s probably an issue with the internal power supply. i would recommend returning it and asking for them to exchange it for a new console or
    you have the option to send it for repair but sending it for repair wont be cheap. but your console should still be under warranty so it should be free.

if your sending it for repair use this link-Xbox repair request
  3. Smwutches Win User

Series X Warranty Service Question

If it doesn't give you the option through the warranty form, you would need to contact support directly and see if they can set up that option. You can request a call back or chat with support at http://support.xbox.com/contact-us . If you don't see those option, change the category/topic until you do.
  4. Leonard_Y Win User

When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It looks like your Xbox Series X turns on but doesn't provide any display. Let's work on this together in finding the best possible solution to your concern.

Thank you as well for including on your post the troubleshooting you have performed. Knowing that you've already performed majority of the troubleshooting known it would be better to have your Xbox Series X serviced.

If you've registered your device, sign in at Device services to see the device’s warranty status. If it’s within warranty, repairs are free. If your device is out of warranty, you’ll be charged a repair fee. Click on this link for the complete guide - Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

Please make sure to read all the topics on the support article I attached.

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  5. SammyVS Win User

Call of duty Warzone

6. SammyVS Win User

Controller and Headset both disconnecting

I'm Samy an independent advisor.

If the problem is with Xbox controllers and you have tried all the troubleshooting the problem is in the console and repair is needed.

If your Xbox is the One S/X and Series S/X you can have it repaired with Microsoft.

This link has instructions.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Xbox series X warranty service repair question - Similar Threads - series warranty service

2. Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Xbox Series X after warranty repair costs: Just A Question Is their any repair options by Microsoft India after warranty period of Xbox Series X. If anyone have gone through the process,please enlighten me Thank You BTW My xbox is...
  3. Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?: Warranty ran out one month ago exactly. The console turns on then 10 seconds later turns off. I've asked Microsoft about repairs an been quoted £193 for a £200 console. Won't be buying an xbox...
  4. Automatic warranty extension for xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Automatic warranty extension for xbox series x: I bought an Xbox Series X From a retailer, and when I registered a Microsoft account to see the device warranty, I found that it will expire on January 12, 2025, but after 5 days of use, I entered...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 - 1 year Warranty in EU

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 - 1 year Warranty in EU: Greetings, I bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller last week and just finished registering the device in my Microsoft account. The warranty lasts until March 2025. I live in the EU, but...
  6. How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.: My xbox is out of warranty and I didn't know until now that I can do something about it. My controller has stick drift and is difficult to play games like warzone, Fortnite, Forza etc. What do I...
  7. Warranty - xbox series x Hdmi port is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty - xbox series x Hdmi port is broken: I have a xbox series x and the Hdmi port is broken. A couple prongs on the end have come away. Xbox is still under warranty, can I get this fixed through the warranty?...
  8. Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty issue.: Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty only gave me seven months instead of a year. Bought on the 20/12/23 from Argos registered warranty on 29/12/23. When I registered it today It says the...
  9. Does the warranty cover the Xbox series controller's trigger strength difference?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the warranty cover the Xbox series controller's trigger strength difference?: My new Xbox series controller have some problem with its trigger strength. One side of the trigger take a lot more force to push down than the other one. Is the warranty cover for this problem...
  10. Xbox Series X Warranty Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Warranty Issues: [img] [img] Good day, tell me, maybe someone has encountered a problem, I recently purchased the Xbox Series X console and literally a week later it began to slow down and freeze in games and...