Xbox series x variable refresh rate issue!!

Discus and support Xbox series x variable refresh rate issue!! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, I recently received my xbox series x and have managed to set my monitor to 1080p/120Hz, but once I do this the option to allow variable refresh... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/papaJai, Nov 12, 2020.

  1. /u/papaJai
    /u/papaJai Guest

    Xbox series x variable refresh rate issue!!


    Hello, I recently received my xbox series x and have managed to set my monitor to 1080p/120Hz, but once I do this the option to allow variable refresh rate and allow auto low-latency mode fades and I cannot activate it!? My monitor does have freesync so I do not understand why this is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/papaJai
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/papaJai, Nov 12, 2020
    #1
  2. Amr Abdelhameed Win User

    Dell S3221QS Monitor, HDR compatibility with Xbox Series X?

    Can you please tell me if the variable refresh rate is working on series x with this monitor ????
  3. CarTzy Win User

    Why is my variable refresh rate greyed out on my Xbox Series X?

    Hello Mitchell_244,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    I can see that you are having trouble with the variable refresh rate option on your Xbox Series X. I understand that you have a Sceptre monitor (E275B-QPN168) that supports 1440p resolution and 120 hz refresh rate, and that you have checked the video settings and the HDMI port on your console and monitor.



    There are a few possible reasons why the variable refresh rate option might be greyed out on your Xbox Series X. One of them is that your monitor might not support variable refresh rate over HDMI 2.0, which is the standard that the Xbox Series X uses. According to the Sceptre website, your monitor supports FreeSync Premium over DisplayPort 1.4, but it does not specify if it supports it over HDMI 2.0 as well. You can try contacting Sceptre customer service to confirm this information.



    Another possible reason is that your monitor might have a firmware issue that prevents it from enabling variable refresh rate with the Xbox Series X. Some users have reported that updating the firmware of their monitors solved this problem. You can check if there is a firmware update available for your monitor on the Sceptre website or by contacting Sceptre customer service.



    You reach out to them here: Support - Contact Us. (sceptre.com)

    A third possible reason is that your HDMI cable might not be compatible with variable refresh rate. You need to use a high-speed HDMI cable that supports HDMI 2.0 or higher to enable this feature on your Xbox Series X. You can try using a different HDMI cable or testing your cable on another device that supports variable refresh rate.

    We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Jayfig Win User

    Vizio hdr10 issues

    Had this problem contacted vizio and I had to uncheck the allow variable refresh rate in tv&display options on the Xbox one x and also had to turn off variable refresh rate in the pro gaming engine in the advanced picture settings.
  5. LFC JAY E 9193 Win User

    Xbox Series X

    The Xbox series X will feature a custom AMD Zen 2 processor that promises four times the power of the Xbox One X. Other features include ray tracing support, up to 120fps gameplay, 8K resolution, GDDR6 memory and variable refresh rate support.
  6. BubbaT1 Win User

    Series S Flickering 120FPS

    Variable Refresh Rate was enabled however disabling it causes the flickering to stop. I notice other people reporting the same issues.

    I purchased an upgraded HDMI 2.1 cable capable of 8k and 4k 120fps it did not solve the issue. Disabling variable refresh rate solves the issue.

    So this has to be some kind of software compatibility problem. For now I just disabled Variable Refresh Rate on the console and disabled Adaptive/Free Sync on the monitor until hopefully Xbox does an update in the future.
Thema:

Xbox series x variable refresh rate issue!!

Loading...
  1. Xbox series x variable refresh rate issue!! - Similar Threads - series variable refresh

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  10. Why is my variable refresh rate greyed out on my Xbox Series X?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my variable refresh rate greyed out on my Xbox Series X?: I have a Sceptre monitor (E275B-QPN168) that supports 1440p resolution and 120 hz refresh rate and when I go into videos setting for my Series X Xbox the option for "Allow Variable Refresh Rate"...