Xbox series x using a phone wi-fi hotspot

Discus and support Xbox series x using a phone wi-fi hotspot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My nephew is on house arrest, ya I know, he has no wifi but he has the Hotspot on his phone has anyone tried this or even know if it would work.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cyberslinger dude, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Xbox series x using a phone wi-fi hotspot

My nephew is on house arrest, ya I know, he has no wifi but he has the Hotspot on his phone has anyone tried this or even know if it would work.

Thanks

:)

cyberslinger dude, Nov 30, 2022
  2. cyberslinger dude Win User

Will the phone be enough to actually play games with?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today CYBERSLINGER

The Xbox console can be connected to a mobile hotspot if your carrier doesn’t have restrictions.

As soon as your nephew enable the mobile hotspot they can see the Wi-Fi network created in the console
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

This really depends on the phone signal and the speed of the mobile carrier
    In some cases it’s enough, but if the signal is not very good your nephew can experience lag or unexpected disconnections
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

how do i tether my xbox one to my android phone

If your mobile data plan includes the hotspot feature, you can turn on the phone's wi-fi hotspot, and then connect the Xbox to that hotspot as if it were any other wi-fi router. But be aware that most plans have a limit on how much data you can use to tether,
    and the Xbox would probably use a lot.
  6. Dr4gonborn88 Win User

Can't connect to DHCP server!

I tried everything as you suggested, but the issue persists. The Xbox One will connect to my mobile hotspot, but not to my Wi-Fi suddenly. My phone, Fire Stick, Xbox 360, and Switch can connect just fine to Wi-Fi.
    Oh no, that's a shame. At least we tried, sorry it did not work :(
    I will be trying this on my series x this afternoon, and hope any one of the options work for my issue

Take care
Thema:

1. Xbox series x using a phone wi-fi hotspot - Similar Threads - series using phone

2. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd
  3. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  4. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  5. I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...: Before my spring break, my connection worked beautifully with little to no issues in my college dorm room. When I took my Xbox X back home for spring break it worked there to with little to no...
  6. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  7. Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box: Why spend 90 bucks for a used controller that wasn't inspected. Just received it today. Left stick sticks when going right. And the audio port is dead. Had to clean the controller covered in...
  8. I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please...: I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please advise if i am just wasting my time or can i be helped with this matter am i doing something wrong?...
  9. How to create an Xbox 360 account using an Xbox series X

in XBoX on Windows
    How to create an Xbox 360 account using an Xbox series X: Hello. I recently purchased Fallout: New Vegas on my Xbox series X. However, when I try to play, It prompts me to download a profile. I don’t have an Xbox 360 account, nor an Xbox 360. What can I...
  10. Can I use my G923 wheel with assetto corsa on the series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use my G923 wheel with assetto corsa on the series s?: I can use the g923 with other games but when I load assetto corsa the wheel disconnects. 7bfd3451-1d09-469c-8bc8-0cdc16d92915