xbox series x upload speeds are capped at 67 mbps.

Discus and support xbox series x upload speeds are capped at 67 mbps. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently came across an issue where xbox series x constantly limits the upload speeds to 67 mbps. My download is around 1000-1150 mbps for fiber... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Red Ninja1, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Red Ninja1
    Red Ninja1 Guest

I recently came across an issue where xbox series x constantly limits the upload speeds to 67 mbps. My download is around 1000-1150 mbps for fiber optic. My xbox and a wireless router are the only hard wired devices to ISP's modem.

These are the tried and not helped recommendations from puncabi at microsofty. rules of elimination as followed:

1. reset / reboot modem

2. got new modem.

3. tried 3 ethernet cables, same cables on hardwired pc + laptops provides about 500-700 mbps uploads as it should. The cable length is about 4 meters.

4. smashed the first xbox series x, got another 2023 xbox series x. smashed and returned that series x. thanks to the seller. got 3rd xbox series x, which i will keep returning. The interesting thing about smashing an xbox series x is that its upload speed test would go upto 500+mbps momentarily as it should for a few times, then it is capped again at 67 mbps. So, I am thinking xbox live is the root cause. not like me?

5. forwarded all ports including the ones under advanced settings on xbox series x.

6. put xbox behind DMZ. No active firewall rules.

7. searched everywhere on the interwebz for a solution,. Again, this started about 2 months ago. My upload speeds were just fine on the first xbox for 2 years.

8. factory reset a new xbox series x. why not , because its new and microsofty.

9. open built in browser run speedtest, upload speed is fine around 400 mbps.

10. go into multiplayers, lack of upload speed causes extreme lag and therefore smashing.

11.run network speed tests via settingsf for 4 weeks, 24hr / 7 to make sure network congestion is not the issue.

None of the above action items work. Now, since smashing an xbox provides a few random "should have" upload speeds, I think microsoft is limiting the upload speeds.

Any suggestions? Before AI/puncabi/you provide an answer, also provide how and why!

:)

Red Ninja1, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Peter Bryant1 Win User

Everything you’ve said is true. But you’re also telling me that the Xbox/microsoft servers are so overrun/bad, that out of a theoretical 1000 Mbps I have on my end, that 7, I say again, 7 Mbps is acceptable?!?! That I should record a 1 min clip and have it take literally 20 minutes to upload? They say 9-10 is the bare minimum typically for good gaming, I’m at 7! I failed the Xbox cloud gaming test because I received a failing score in the upload category with my 6.96 Mbps. Being able to cloud game IS part of what I pay for with my ultimate subscription and I can’t enjoy that properly. Are there plans to boost the network infrastructure? Because this is borderline absurd. And Microsoft should at least address the issue. Th ask for listening and I do hope and will consider this in my gaming thought come next gen times. Because data usage isn’t slowing down, it’s only getting more demanding, and if this is where Microsoft is heading, maybe I might not want to be a part of this.
    Hi there am in the same boat i only got 4.96 Mbps and been like this for the last 3 months after reading all posts am thinking of going back to sony
  3. SnewelRanger Win User

I think the most basic internet user understands that there are routers involved between client and server. And anything in that line could be delaying or running out of capacity. Therefore the test to check if other services are slow. I checked and like someone else said the server im connecting to is probably running out of capacity. So its good to report this to Microsoft right?

I have one more fact to add. A friend was sending me screen grabs of his Starfield playthrough (he is on PC) and I got those screen grabs basically immediately. But can I send some back to him? No I could not. Mine would just sit in the xbox upload que and eventually time out. And I have seen this before on my end. My uploads specifically has been slow since day 1. Like my cloud server is constantly being overrun.

We are both in South Africa. Maybe that helps identify the server / cluster.
  4. Peter Jensen5 Win User

Try opening the browser and go to speedtest.net. Bypassing the on system test will give you much more accurate results. Mine is always 3 times faster. Hope you get a similar result.

Doing this avoids the super high traffic on the Microsoft servers dedicated for Xbox and connects you to a less obstructed one, allowing you to get a more accurate estimate of your connection. Keep in mind that even when gaming, you connect through other servers and most games, even COD, Battlefield etc, only require about 10Mb upload for a seamless gaming experience. So, 67Mb will still give you a substantial edge over anyone with cable internet. Hope this helps.
  5. MerrioMa Win User

I have the same problem in South Africa
  6. Zareef Adam Win User

Hi Red Ninja, I'm having the exact same problem, I tested my internet speed via test speed on various devices and it all seems fine.

My Xbox series S is only giving me this problem where my download is fine and my upload speed is like 0.5..

I tried setting up a static IP, DNS customized settings, DMZ set up and port forwarding all seem to not help.

To be more precise, I thought it's because I'm using LAN, I changed to WAN same issue.. my firewalls are disabled as well

Did you have any luck coming right with this?
Thema:

1. xbox series x upload speeds are capped at 67 mbps. - Similar Threads - series upload speeds

2. Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s - Upload saved games to the cloud.: Hi all, Any chance to explain how to choose a game and upload his save game MANUALLY to the cloud? On PlayStation it was so easy, choose the game, select the content, select the save game then...
  3. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  4. Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?: I have a saved RE5 game on ICloud from the 360. Can I use that saved game on the Xbox One/Series X? I really don't want to restart that game over again. I have the game loaded on the One and...
  5. Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive: I can’t upload screenshots to OneDrive but clips upload perfectly. I have used 35GB/150GB so space is not a issue. I have tried Hard reseting my Xbox and doing a factory reset. I have tried...
  6. Series X Upload speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Upload speeds: Hi all, I've got an issue with my Series X. I got 1TB business plan on Starlink & my download speed is awesome but my upload speed is disgusting lol. All my other devices in the house are getting...
  7. How do I view clips which are uploaded from xbox series S on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I view clips which are uploaded from xbox series S on PC?: I used to be able to view clips on the XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION desktop app. That app is depreciated and the new XBOX app does not allow me to see my clips which were uploaded....
  8. So iv been trying to upload a photo I want to use as a background and I have a xbox series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So iv been trying to upload a photo I want to use as a background and I have a xbox series...: So iv been trying to upload a photo I want to use as a background and I have a xbox series s and it doesn't have one drive so I can't upload them that way I need help email me at *** Die...
  9. "Can't Upload check your privacy settings" On xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    "Can't Upload check your privacy settings" On xbox series s: So I have a YouTube Channel and I download my clips to edit it and post it on YouTube or tiktok and I tried to change some settings because it said can't uplaod even though nothing was there...
  10. Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive: I can’t upload screenshots to OneDrive but clips upload perfectly. I have used 35GB/150GB so space is not a issue. I have tried Hard reseting my Xbox and doing a factory reset. I have tried...