Xbox Series X Upload Speed Problems

Discus and support Xbox Series X Upload Speed Problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got a Series X a couple of weeks ago and have been plagued by very low and fluctuating upload speeds. 2.09Mbps is the highest it's achieved with it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisMalone4, Jan 13, 2021.

1. ChrisMalone4
    ChrisMalone4 Guest

Got a Series X a couple of weeks ago and have been plagued by very low and fluctuating upload speeds. 2.09Mbps is the highest it's achieved with it dropping to 0.8 fairly often and even down to 0.05!

I'm on 75/20 speed and every other device in the house receive close to this except for the Xbox. I have tried Ethernet, 2.4 and 5 Wi-Fi with similar results. Cables are Cat 5e (which is apparently fine for this speed?) and have been replaced.

Have rebooted/restarted the modem and the router and the Xbox, have done all the normal troubleshooting several times over. Put the Xbox in DMZ with upnp disabled, have cleared the alternate mac address and tried different DNS. Forwarded the correct ports
    and even tried the power saving mode trick for the console. I'm sure to have forgotten several other options I've tried.

I have reset everything back to original settings and had a lot of calls and online chats to my ISP (Aussie Broadband) who are known to be good for Australian gamers and do not throttle speeds, yet speed tests consistently show low upload speed only on the
    Xbox but fine via laptop and PC.

Occasionally it will rise to ~17Mbps upload but that's pretty rare and lasts perhaps minutes. I have seen other older posts similar to mine but with either no resolution, or anything that works for me.

I would GREATLY appreciate any help at all. Thank you in advance!

1% packet loss even though wired

:)

ChrisMalone4, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Series X Upload speeds

Hi Dark, my name is Oskayra and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Xbox Series X upload speeds on Starlink.

Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like you've taken all the right steps to try to fix the issue. However, you're still having issues, which suggests there may be an issue with compatibility between Starlink and Xbox services.

Here are some things you can try:

Contact Xbox customer support. They can help you fix the problem or provide you with more information about the problem.
    Try connecting your Xbox Series X to a different router. If the problem is fixed, then the problem may be with the Starlink router.
    Wait for Starlink to release new firmware updates. These updates may be able to fix the issue.
    If you have tried all of these things and are still having problems, then you may want to consider switching to a different Internet service provider.

As for your question about why this might be happening, it's hard to say for sure without more information. However, there may be an issue with the way Starlink and Xbox handle upload traffic. It's also possible that there is an issue with the way your Xbox Series X is configured.

Best Regards, Oskayra
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox Series X Upload Speeds

Cant tell you specificslly, nbit 10mbps up is more than adequate for anything youre doing on an Xbox.
  4. NedMorris Win User

Slow download speeds

I downloaded 79Gb COD WZ in less than 30 minutes. This may be your ISP issue?
    As I said, it works fine on my xbox one x, my series x is reporting my d/l and upload speeds incorrectly by a factor of 10.
  5. ngocphi Win User

why does my xbox one x say my ssd is too slow

It should br noted the speed requirements is jlnot just limited go the port

Thr read ANd write speeds count not all hdds and ssd are created equal

And sometimes it's the cable

And what does it say on the back of your console you sure its a xbox one x or a series x

If it's a series x (there is no ONE in the series name) then no hdd will be fast enough
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Can't play goat simulator 3???

You said Xbox one series X. Xbox one is a separate counsel from Xbox one X or Xbox series X. Only Xbox series S and series X can run goat simulator three. Does your console look like this?

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Upload Speed Problems - Similar Threads - Series Upload Speed

2. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  3. Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?: I have a saved RE5 game on ICloud from the 360. Can I use that saved game on the Xbox One/Series X? I really don't want to restart that game over again. I have the game loaded on the One and...
  4. Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive: I can’t upload screenshots to OneDrive but clips upload perfectly. I have used 35GB/150GB so space is not a issue. I have tried Hard reseting my Xbox and doing a factory reset. I have tried...
  5. Series X Upload speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Upload speeds: Hi all, I've got an issue with my Series X. I got 1TB business plan on Starlink & my download speed is awesome but my upload speed is disgusting lol. All my other devices in the house are getting...
  6. How do I view clips which are uploaded from xbox series S on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I view clips which are uploaded from xbox series S on PC?: I used to be able to view clips on the XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION desktop app. That app is depreciated and the new XBOX app does not allow me to see my clips which were uploaded....
  7. So iv been trying to upload a photo I want to use as a background and I have a xbox series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So iv been trying to upload a photo I want to use as a background and I have a xbox series...: So iv been trying to upload a photo I want to use as a background and I have a xbox series s and it doesn't have one drive so I can't upload them that way I need help email me at *** Die...
  8. "Can't Upload check your privacy settings" On xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    "Can't Upload check your privacy settings" On xbox series s: So I have a YouTube Channel and I download my clips to edit it and post it on YouTube or tiktok and I tried to change some settings because it said can't uplaod even though nothing was there...
  9. Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive: I can’t upload screenshots to OneDrive but clips upload perfectly. I have used 35GB/150GB so space is not a issue. I have tried Hard reseting my Xbox and doing a factory reset. I have tried...
  10. xbox series x upload speeds are capped at 67 mbps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x upload speeds are capped at 67 mbps.: I recently came across an issue where xbox series x constantly limits the upload speeds to 67 mbps. My download is around 1000-1150 mbps for fiber optic. My xbox and a wireless router are the only...