Xbox Series X Update Looping Issue

Discus and support Xbox Series X Update Looping Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having a strange issue with my Xbox Series X - I turned the console on only to be greeted with an "Applying Update" screen, running from about 76%... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TripperEuphoric, Sep 19, 2021.

1. TripperEuphoric
    TripperEuphoric New Member

I'm having a strange issue with my Xbox Series X - I turned the console on only to be greeted with an "Applying Update" screen, running from about 76% until around 95% before the console would turn off. Seemed normal, except the console never turned back on. After a while I tried turning the console on myself only to get the same exact screen and sequence again. I've performed several power cycles (not that I can even restart the thing, the screen goes out before I can do anything), left it unplugged but I'm just stuck in this loop. I've accessed the troubleshooting screen where I can perform a USB update or hard reset the console but before I can do anything, the Xbox still goes into rest mode within 10 seconds. I am able to move around the troubleshooting menu by plugging in the controller. However, when I select either option under "reset console", the Xbox reboots and brings me to the applying update screen again...then goes out and comes back again AGAIN with the applying update screen before finally shutting off. Nothing happens after this until I turn the Xbox on again. Also, I can only go up and down on the troubleshooting menu - I cannot even navigate to "offline update". This has been going on for several weeks.

TripperEuphoric, Sep 19, 2021
  2. avanhandel Win User

I tried this sequence several times, left it unplugged for days even, still getting the same exact issue when plugging it back in and turning it back on.
  3. raDugzBaws Win User

Seems like the only other things to try is either delete your profile (DON'T DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT THOUGH) from the console & if still struggling the only other option is to do a complete RESET of it, please make sure you have everything backed up to the cloud first though. If it doesn't work I don't know what to recommend as the next step. Good luck
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there avanhandel welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. 1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass and turn it on afterwards.
  5. XBF - Staniel Win User

Battlefield 2042 crashes Xbox Series X

6. Francia J. Win User

Xbox Series X is in a perpetual updating loop

Thank you for letting me know. In this case, we just need to reset your console keeping your games and apps through the Xbox Troubleshooter page. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Make sure to follow the steps accordingly to access it:

1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Update Looping Issue - Similar Threads - Series Update Looping

2. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  3. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  4. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3
  5. Help with offline update Cbox One Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help with offline update Cbox One Series S: CAN ANYONE HELP!! im at my wits end i got a SSD 1 TB i formatted and partitioned the damn thing correctly put it in the Xbox Installed OSU1 ran everything and now I’m getting a damn system error...
  6. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  7. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...
  8. My Xbox series S won’t system update.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S won’t system update.: It keeps saying there’s a problem, but I’ve reset it twice and I’m unable to do an offline reset. Please help? 99e3bf41-b1e5-4752-a78f-662da4740462
  9. I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...: I've tried unplugging the main power for 30 seconds, I have a solid internet connection, and plenty of storage space. Less than a month ago I had to offline update it. How do I get this new...
  10. Xbox Series X caught in an update loop - please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X caught in an update loop - please help!: I'm running an Xbox Series X, and a small update (784 megs) was pushed through to my Xbox this morning. It finished the first two bars (install and verification), but then the Xbox simply turns...