Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.

Discus and support Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox Series X ethernet issue on BT Smart Hub. Issue presented during initial setup and has remained since. Connection by ethernet cable is unstable,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DMcC1, Nov 11, 2020.

  1. DMcC1
    DMcC1 Guest

    Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.


    Xbox Series X ethernet issue on BT Smart Hub. Issue presented during initial setup and has remained since.

    Connection by ethernet cable is unstable, working for a short period of time then stopping (speed drops to zero, connection lost) then working again. May then stop working altogether, keeps trying to connect but failing.

    Cable works OK on other devices including PS4, LG TV.

    Xbox Series X connects normally with no issues by wireless, only ethernet connection is unstable.

    May be duplex mismatch based on search but this seems rare and if this is issue, why only on Xbox Series X?

    Is this defect with my Series X or just bad luck with router compatibility?

    :)
     
    DMcC1, Nov 11, 2020
    #1
  2. Chronos Agent Win User

    Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.

    Yeh my system seems to drop randomly . I know live was packed tuesday but why at 7 am in the mirning am i geting dis cons from live when i play online. i cant get any help from microsoft at all im stuck in a loop of call help line told to go online
    then basically stonewalled from any answers or help. This is Not normal at all an like they say in among us this is SUS very sus.
  3. JRoss21 Win User

    Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.

    I’m having the exact same problem with using my mobile hotspot on my series X, any other device works perfectly fine (ps4, xbox one X etc). It will connect perfectly fine, then all of a sudden disconnects for a matter of about 5-10 seconds then reconnects.
    Have spoke to microsoft support as of last night and they told me to change DNS settings and it hasn’t helped at all :(
  4. Blackhawks1009 Win User

    Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.

    Im having the exact same issue with my Series X as DMcC1 though im using the modem/router provided by Spectrum Cable in western NY. Ethernet cable works fine on xbox one and any other device I connect it to, but when I connect it to the series X it will
    connect for about 2 seconds and then disconnect and tell me i dont have an ethernet cable plugged in. It then alternates between connecting for about 2 seconds and then disconnecting for a while and then repeats the process. Wireless connection seems fine.
    I guess im glad to know im not the only one.
  5. GuRUCLANdotcom Win User

    XBOX Series X Obviously has a BAD Network Adapter

    As mentioned in my post, I've already exhausted ALL possible troubleshooting methods. AGAIN this product is DEFECTIVE and has a BAD NETWORK ADAPTER which is why it DOES NOT recognize an ethernet connection.

    This is a known issue all over the forums, one user posted that he has 3 Series X's and all of them have the EXACT same problem. So what is Microsoft going to do about the fact that this product is defective? I don't want to play using WIFI. Wifi is unstable compared to wired ethernet connection.
  6. Jurgen1488 Win User

    can't connect to my wireless network

    I recommend using Xbox on a wired network connection. Wireless network connectivity is unstable.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet. - Similar Threads - Series Unstable Wired

  2. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  3. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  4. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  5. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  6. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  7. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  8. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  9. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  10. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...