Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

Discus and support Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nik Formes, Feb 3, 2024.

  1. Nik Formes
    Nik Formes Guest

    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)


    My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I have a lot of experience with small electronics, and followed iFixit’s guide to a t, so I know it was done properly), but it is still happening. What else could be causing this issue? I really don’t want to spend $300 on a refurb for a console that is still only a few years old.

    Auto shutoff is all turned completely off, and I have it plugged into the same power supply as a second series x which is working completely fine.

    :)
     
    Nik Formes, Feb 3, 2024
    #1
  2. Hoskayra Win User

    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

    Hello Nik F, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

    Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

    I'm very sorry for the problem you're going through. I was researching Xbox Support and found this article (https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly)">https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly) where it shows that The solution to the problem can be solved by following these steps:

    "Turn on the console.

    Press the Xbox  button on your controller to open the guide.

    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options.

    Under Options, select Shut down after and select Don't turn off automatically.

    method 2:

    Console shutdown can sometimes occur due to system corruption, requiring the console to be reset to factory defaults. For information on how to reset your console operating system, go to:

    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

    Important System corruption can sometimes extend to external storage devices, so disconnect any external storage (such as external hard drives) before performing a system reset and leave such devices disconnected until you can verify if the problem persists after the reset ".

    Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly

    Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

    Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Nik Formes Win User

    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

    Thank you for your help! I have done everything else on the list short of a system factory restore, but I will give that a try next, and will post results
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

    If games have a catastrophic crash the system will shut itself off to prevent data corruption

    Titles such as COD and NBa are often cited, though that may be due to their popularity.

    Have you verified the fan is operating?
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

    xbox wont stay

  6. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

    Xbox series s turns off automatically in the middle of the game

Thema:

Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

Loading...
  1. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply) - Similar Threads - series unexpectedly shutting

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. Why Fortnite still crashes/quits unexpectedly on Xbox Series S

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Fortnite still crashes/quits unexpectedly on Xbox Series S: how to fix this issue?anyone e08d6796-2c4e-4270-958e-657ab171d779
  10. Unexpected System Shutdown on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Unexpected System Shutdown on Series X: Xbox Series X was on for approximately 30 minutes before unexpectedly shutting down in the middle of a game. It was not a system shutdown so much as a complete loss of power. System was able to be...