Xbox Series X Turns off after 30 seconds of gameplay

Discus and support Xbox Series X Turns off after 30 seconds of gameplay in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, I'm Xbox Series X turns off after 20 or so seconds of game play. It will download games and stay on, but as soon as you play a game 30 seconds... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brendan h3, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Brendan h3
    Brendan h3 Guest

Hey, I'm Xbox Series X turns off after 20 or so seconds of game play. It will download games and stay on, but as soon as you play a game 30 seconds later it turns off. Any advice on how to fix this?

:)

Brendan h3, Jan 6, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

unfortunately only microsoft can provide the estimate, as a player i can only instruct you which option you can choose.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Xbox Series X turning off after a short time of gameplay. There could be a few different issues causing this problem.

Make sure that your Xbox is properly ventilated. The Xbox Series X can get quite hot during gameplay, and if it doesn't have enough airflow, it could shut down to prevent overheating. Check that there is nothing blocking the vents on the console and that the room it is in is well-ventilated.

Check the power supply. Make sure that the power supply is properly connected to both the wall outlet and the Xbox, and that the outlet is functioning properly. You might also try using a different outlet or power strip to see if that makes a difference.

Update the Xbox software. Sometimes software updates can fix bugs or other issues that might be causing problems with your console. To check for updates, go to the "Settings" menu, then select "System," then "console info & updates," and then select "check for updates."

Reset the Xbox. If none of these suggestions help, you could try resetting the Xbox to see if that resolves the issue. To reset the Xbox, go to the "Settings" menu, then select "System," then "console info & updates," and then select "reset console."
  4. andersonpassos Win User

5. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Brendan,

A few questions:

1. What OS version are you currently on? You can confirm this info in Settings > System > Console info.
    2. Are all games affected or only certain ones, and are these both disk and digital titles? Do you receive any specific error code/message (these can sometimes appear after startup)?
    3. Does your console only randomly power off when trying to play games, and it works okay when launching any apps (Microsoft Store, Netflix, YouTube, etc.)?
    I wouldn’t recommend sending your console in for a repair or replacement (at least not yet), as there are a lot of recent threads reporting this issue and a few say that the crashes returned with the replacement - indicating that this won’t make a difference.

It seems to be something that would need to be addressed in an update, and it’s unlikely to be a hardware fault.

This is a known issue that’s affecting a lot of others. Refer to this article (pinned at the top of the Xbox forum):

Game Release Known Issues for January 2023 - Microsoft Community

Players experiencing unexpected console behaviour while playing or launching a game

• If you experience unexpected console behaviour such as a freeze, a crash to the Xbox home screen, or your console powering off when trying to play or launch a game, please report the issue when your console resumes again through the Report a Problem app.
    Be sure to create a bug report right after the error occurs, so that it can be looked into with all the diagnostic data. You can add [Xbox Forums] to the title of the report, then share this here once complete.

In the meantime, these guides may help:

Troubleshoot digital game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot Xbox console unexpectedly turning off | Xbox Support

Hope this helps.
  6. Brendan h3 Win User

Thank you. I'll go ahead and do that. How long will it take? They have to inspect my Xbox before the send one out correct?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Turns off after 30 seconds of gameplay - Similar Threads - Series Turns off

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  5. Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on: Hi Posting here about an issue that is happening with my brand new Series X Occurring randomly, without a pattern... Might happen today and never happen during the upcoming days, or just happen...
  6. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  7. Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?: I only play on weekends and I would like to know if the console's useful life decreases as time passes by turning it off and on several times during the month. 7b9b27f0-f7bd-491f-9acf-d4e4be4e2770
  8. Xbox Series X turns itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns itself off.: I have had my Series X for just over 2 months and it has been fine up until around last weekend, where every time I turn it on and load up a game, it turns itself off after about 2 minutes of...
  9. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  10. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763