Xbox series x turning on then off and strange behavior

Discus and support Xbox series x turning on then off and strange behavior in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! Have a one month Series X and today it happened a few strange things. First this Morning i was turning it on with my controller, it turns on and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PieterSlk, Jul 28, 2021.

1. PieterSlk
    PieterSlk Guest

Hi!

Have a one month Series X and today it happened a few strange things.

First this Morning i was turning it on with my controller, it turns on and the screen become gray, no startup screen. Then i had to turn it off with button on the console.

Later today i wanted to restart it, after a little while it just shutted off instead of restart.

Then one time i needed to turn it on with the button on the console after i unplugged the power cable, controller only blinking, because i had to move it on my desk.

When i turned it on that way the button lighted up but after a few seconds it shutted of instead of launch the startscreen.

After that it have worked just fine again.

I think i can remember that the turn on the series x and it turn right off itself have happened with a friend of mine too.

Is this stuff that can suddently happen or could it be something wrong here?

Thanks for Feedback.

:)

PieterSlk, Jul 28, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Please try to carry out the solutions below.

Solution 1:

You can also hard reset the Xbox console and its cache. Here is how to do so:

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

Solution 2:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:

*Please select to keep your games and apps so they are not deleted.

This solution you can find on the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Solution 3:

Try changing the HDMI port you use your console plugged into your TV or Monitor, test other cables too if you have.

Solution 4:

If this problem persists or worsens, I recommend that you initiate a repair order for the console on the Microsoft website below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. PieterSlk Win User

Thanks to both for a good troubleshooting, it havent happened again but if it does i would try out the different steps :)
  4. MateusFontana Win User

I'm glad you solved your problem, don't hesitate to tell us when you need help.
  5. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @PieterSlk!

Sorry that you have encountered such issues with your console. However, I would suggest attempting the following solutions as they will help prevent the issue from occurring again:

Power Cycle your console:

1. Turn off your Xbox by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
    Reset your console: Select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

However, if you are still experiencing the same issue, it might be a hardware issue therefore your console needs to be serviced. You can replace a repair order for it here.

I hope this helps you out
  6. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x turning on then off and strange behavior - Similar Threads - series turning off

2. Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on: Hi Posting here about an issue that is happening with my brand new Series X Occurring randomly, without a pattern... Might happen today and never happen during the upcoming days, or just happen...
  3. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  4. Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?: I only play on weekends and I would like to know if the console's useful life decreases as time passes by turning it off and on several times during the month. 7b9b27f0-f7bd-491f-9acf-d4e4be4e2770
  5. Xbox Series X turns itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns itself off.: I have had my Series X for just over 2 months and it has been fine up until around last weekend, where every time I turn it on and load up a game, it turns itself off after about 2 minutes of...
  6. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  7. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  8. Xbox Series S turns off immediately after pressing button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S turns off immediately after pressing button: Series S will turn off immediately after light and xbox sound plays, it will boot occasionally and it will show a ventiliation error and it will go to the xbox os and after a minute it will turn...
  9. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  10. Xbox series s turns off randomly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s turns off randomly: Hello i just get an xbox series s seconde hand 2days ago and yesterday i was playing like 4-5hours and then while im playing fifa the s freezes and the controller start blinking and then shutdown...