Xbox Series X tripping circuit breaker

Discus and support Xbox Series X tripping circuit breaker in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got the Series X and after the first 10 hours or so of total play time, experienced the first circuit breaker trip. I did have it plugged in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NaClPlatypus, May 6, 2021.

  1. NaClPlatypus
    NaClPlatypus Guest

    Xbox Series X tripping circuit breaker


    I recently got the Series X and after the first 10 hours or so of total play time, experienced the first circuit breaker trip. I did have it plugged in to a power strip, but after reading that could cause problems plugged it in to an extension cord and into the wall. When that didn't remedy the issue, I bought a giant hdmi cable in order to position the console near enough an outlet to plug it directly into the socket. However, the console is still tripping the circuit breaker for the room it's set up in. The only things pulling power from that socket are the console, a small desk lamp, and the TV. Are there any solutions to preventing the console from tripping my circuit breaker that don't involve breaking building codes?

    :)
     
    NaClPlatypus, May 6, 2021
    #1
  2. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox Series X tripping circuit breaker

    try a different power cable, if not then i would get an electrician to come test those sockets and take a reading to see if the sockets are bad or the console, least then you know and then you know you are safe.

    if it turns out to be the console then send for replacement.
  3. NaClPlatypus Win User

    Xbox Series X tripping circuit breaker

    A 70" TV, ceiling fan, three lamps, two phone chargers and a heating pad. Nothing nearly bad enough to overload the circuit, and I've even unplugged things that had been plugged in when this happened the first time.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Xbox Series X tripping circuit breaker

    What other things are on the same circuit as that outlet is the question you need to answer. If your house or apartment is old, throwing an extra 250 to 300 W on the line might be enough to do it if say or refrigerator is on there, heating unit something else. The same outlet can share the same circuit with many many other ones
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

    Changing ceiling fan speed causes xbox one s to flicker on the tv screen???

    They probably have the fan and the outlet on the same circuit. If it's flickering it's probably getting close to tripping the breaker. It also depends on how many other things are tied to that circuit.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Certain XBOX Series X Games Trip Breaker

    If the 2-300w the Series X eats in average is tripping your breaker, you need to call a licensed electrician.
Thema:

Xbox Series X tripping circuit breaker

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X tripping circuit breaker - Similar Threads - Series tripping circuit

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  10. Why did my Xbox series X factory reset itself after I got back from a trip?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox series X factory reset itself after I got back from a trip?: I wanted to take my Xbox down to Idaho with me to play games while I was down there. May I let you know it worked fine with no problems down up in Idaho, I got back this afternoon and when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox series x tripping power board