Xbox series X ticking sound

Discus and support Xbox series X ticking sound in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox series X since May 2021 , the console has been working fine and i have took care of it , fully shutting it down , covering it from dust... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MoZaki87, Jan 23, 2022.

  1. MoZaki87
    MoZaki87 Guest

    Xbox series X ticking sound


    I have an Xbox series X since May 2021 , the console has been working fine and i have took care of it , fully shutting it down , covering it from dust and perventing dust as hard as i can not to enter through the vents . since a month ago i have noticed this cricket like ticking sound coming from the cooling vent when i put my ear close to it you can also check the video for the same issue its for series s but i have the same problem with my series x fan

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGEMoXItE84

    you can youtube it xbox series s cooler ticking , if you don't want to click the link

    my question is , i live in egypt and we do not have microsoft support here and sending my xbox out all the way to america or europe is not an option due to shipping expenses .

    can i live with this ticking sound , or it might be very damaging on the long term for the xbox and the fan might break or work poorly and damage the xbox components ?

    Please help especially those who faced cooling fan noises and decided to not address the problem

    thank you very much un advance

    :)
     
    MoZaki87, Jan 23, 2022
    #1
  2. Jesse E' Win User

    Xbox series X ticking sound

    I have the Series X and the One X presently. I don't have the tickling issue though but I searched on YouTube like you said and in my experience, it isn't something to worry about.
  3. MoZaki87 Win User

    Xbox series X ticking sound

    thank you for your quick response just few more questions and sorry if i bother you with that lol

    1- what model of xbox do you have ?

    2- how long have you owned that console ?

    3- have you experinced such problem like the one i'm facing in any of your xbox console ?

    thank you again <3
  4. Jesse E' Win User

    Xbox series X ticking sound

    Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    Yes, you can live with that, I could barely hear it. I don't think it is a big issue that you should be very concerned about.
  5. RWillows Win User

    Xbox Series X loud ticking sound

    My new Xbox Series X is doing the exact same thing! It only seems to be happening when it's downloading. When it installs the update, it gets quiet again. It's really annoying!
    Its strange as it has actually stopped now but it is idle on the home screen..

    spoke with an xbox person via the chat and they advised it wasnt ventillated but it is in a unit with plenty of small and no issue for my previous Xbox One!
  6. shaun wilke Win User

    Xbox Series X loud ticking sound

    My new Xbox Series X is doing the exact same thing! It only seems to be happening when it's downloading. When it installs the update, it gets quiet again. It's really annoying!
Thema:

Xbox series X ticking sound

Loading...
  1. Xbox series X ticking sound - Similar Threads - series ticking sound

  2. Xbox Series S Twitch linking problem — QR code keeps appearing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Twitch linking problem — QR code keeps appearing: Hey everyone, I'm having trouble streaming on Twitch from my Xbox Series S. When I select livestream on my Xbox, it shows a QR code. I scan it with my phone, Twitch opens, and I go through the...
  3. Xbox Series X Discord crashing..

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Discord crashing..: When loading into discord and swapping to game chat it crashes the xbox ui and disconnects me from the discord call never happened before the newest xbox update submitted by...
  4. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  5. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  6. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  7. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  8. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  9. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  10. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...