Xbox Series X ticking noise

Discus and support Xbox Series X ticking noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I just picked up my new Xbox series X last night, when i turn it on and the fan starts up, it makes a ticking noise like it's hitting something, if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BethRex, Nov 11, 2020.

  1. BethRex
    BethRex Guest

    Xbox Series X ticking noise


    So, I just picked up my new Xbox series X last night, when i turn it on and the fan starts up, it makes a ticking noise like it's hitting something, if I lay it on the side it stops, but I just wanted to know if there is a simple fix to this? Or what I
    should do?

    :)
     
    BethRex, Nov 11, 2020
    #1
  2. MindOfTim Win User

    Xbox Series X ticking noise

    It's not a bomb right? In all seriousness, check if the fan looks like its spinning level when stood up. It could be the fan isn't spinning straight or theres another part that its clipping, either one of them you should speak to Microsoft directly or
    take it back to the store
  3. TCheung01 Win User

    Xbox One X making a whining noise and ticking even when on standby, but not when turned completely off.

    Thank's for the quick reply. I considered this but I did find it strange that my original Xbox one has no ticking noise. I don't know if they would have the same noise, but even when nothing is being downloaded on the One X and it has been on standby for
    several hours the ticking and whining continues.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

    Instant-On power mode and constant HDD activity

    That really quiet ticking noise that you can't hear unless you stick your ear on the console? That's not the HDD. HDDs don't make a ticking noise like that.
  5. II Blittz II Win User

    Xbox Series X buzzing/ticking noise coming from the fan area.

    Hi, XBF Meryem R

    Thanks for responding to my post, unfortunately I have tried a power cycle and factory resetting my Series X, but the buzzing/scratching/ticking noise still persists. The weird thing about it is, as I mentioned in my original post, my console never use to do this. I've also had the Series X since launch day 11/10/20 and it only started to do this fairly recently, close to a week now. My Series X on the top right side where the fan is, it makes a buzzing/ticking noise whenever I'm just using the dashboard, browsing the store, using Edge etc. The mechanical noises stop as soon as you launch a game, which is weird in itself. Usually coil whine happens during heavy loads like playing games that are demanding, but in my case it makes these noises when nothing is playing and I'm just on the homes screen or browsing around on the console. My console also makes a distinct static like sound when games are running as well, but it's not as concerning as the noises it makes when the console isn't doing any heavy workloads. With that being said, most coil whine comes from either the GPU or PSU, but the noise I'm getting is coming from the right side where the fan and vapor chamber/heatsink is. After putting my ear next to the fan and trying to pinpoint where the noise is coming from, I think it might be VRM or something to do with the motherboard around the CPU/GPU area. During the day you can't notice it unless you stick your ear next to the fan, but when I'm using the console at night when it's quiet, I can hear the strange buzzing/ticking. Anyway, I think there's something faulty or defective in my console and I'm afraid that it possibly might be a matter if time before it stops working.
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

    Weird Noise coming from Power Brick

    My issue is that the fan ticks. The console is set up in a bedroom. When everything is turned off (or on standby), I hear this fast "tick, tick, tick" from the Xbox One PSU. I specifically built my PC to be as close to silent as I could make it, so I can
    even hear the Xbox One PSU ticking over the sound of my PC when that's turned on. I'm not saying that the noise is "loud", because it's not. But any noise that can clearly and constantly be heard when a product is supposedly turned off is not good, especially
    an annoying ticking sound.
Thema:

Xbox Series X ticking noise

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X ticking noise - Similar Threads - Series ticking noise

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox series s motherboard ticking