Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to...

Discus and support Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller stopped working/syncing randomly when in sleep mode. I noticed it was no longer synced. The sync button doesn't blink (to re-sync) on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Luke_917, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Luke_917
    Luke_917 Guest

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to...

My controller stopped working/syncing randomly when in sleep mode. I noticed it was no longer synced. The sync button doesn't blink (to re-sync) on the series x console. I tried the steps listed on the forums however this was unique as the sync button must work as I can reach the Bios (however doesn't blink).

I have tried the following:
    1. Hard reset, un-pluged, held button down 10 seconds (the usual several times over)

2. Making sure Quick Start is off.
    2. Reset settings/wireless
    3. Attempted to boot into BIOS by holding down power and sync button.
    4. I used a USB C power cord and the controller works but isn't recognized when disconnected. ( I wish their were sync options on the menu)
    5. I have also tried taking the batteries out of controller, shut down fully, restart and the sync button nor the controller is recognized.

6. 2X Factory restore of all settings/games etc.

Edit:

7. Synced controller to PC connected to Console to set up as new controller. Same problem continues as it wont sync without the cord and the sync button on the series X still doesn't blink.

This seems to be a Bluetooth problem on the console. The sync button itself must work and serve the function of getting to the BIOS however. I have no idea how this happened and only conclusion could be blue tooth error on console.

Any help would be appreciated. I have had the console for 3 weeks.

Thank you

:)

Luke_917, Nov 9, 2021
  2. Rishabh0067 Win User

Can someone help me re sync my controllers ?

Sync the Controller:
    To sync a wireless controller with your Xbox, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on.
    Press and hold the small sync button on the front of the Xbox Series X console (located near the USB port).
    While holding the sync button on the console, press and hold the sync button on the controller (located on the top near the Xbox button).
    Release both sync buttons when the controller's Xbox button starts flashing. The controller should now be synced with the console.
  3. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

If you can use your controller while connected through USB, that means that the wireless connection between your controller and your Xbox is working. Even when connected through USB, the communication between both devices is done wirelessly, with the controller only using power from the USB cable, not data. The controller is paired to your console when connected through USB, so the issue lies on your controller.

Check if the batteries inside of your controller are installed with the correct polarity. If they are, try to replace them with Alkaline batteries and check again.
  4. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

That's ok! We really hope that the update fixes the issue, that would be the best outcome! Let us know of anything new!

Have a great day, and if you have any other questions, make sure to contact us again!
  5. Luke_917 Win User

Thank you for the suggestion. I connected the controller to my PC and did the following steps you mentioned. With a USB C cord I was able to reconnect the controller and pair it to my log in. It wouldn't however stay connected when I unplugged it.

This was after a 3rd factory restore of all settings and games. I am really frustrated as it worked earlier in the day as normal and as mentioned in the post the "sync" button itself must work if I can get to the BIOS (hold with power/sync button until second beep) however, the power button doesn't blink or go into "syncing mode" for some odd reason.

Maybe the Bluetooth went out? There is no way to reset this. I did the Ultimate Game Pass deal ( 2 years financed) for $900 so I would hate to send in and not have a console for a few months while using up Game Pass months. I can play with a cord at least.
  6. Luke_917 Win User

Good suggestion regarding the phone attempt. Yes, I was able to connect to Bluetooth on my phone with the app and PC as mentioned before so this rules out the controller.

I guess the only solution is repair unless an update somehow fixes this. It's just so bizarre how it just stopped working after 2 weeks out of the blue and well after a week of the last update. None of the solutions from the other forums have worked either.

Thanks again for all the suggestions! I will edit this post if this is solved soon or close if need to send in.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to... - Similar Threads - Series Sync button

2. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  3. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  4. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  5. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  6. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  7. My Xbox Series controller I got as a replacement about 4-5 months ago not syncing to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series controller I got as a replacement about 4-5 months ago not syncing to Xbox One: Last night and the night before, my controller started randomly disconnecting every few minutes and now won't connect to my Xbox at all unless it's plugged in. This controller is a replacement...
  8. I can’t sync my Skyrim saves from xbox one s to xbox series x (Your other Xbox console is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t sync my Skyrim saves from xbox one s to xbox series x (Your other Xbox console is...: This is very specific problem I seem to be having so please bear with me. I'm trying to transfer my Skyrim saves from Xbox one s to Xbox series x but apparently it can't connect my Skyrim saves...
  9. Xbox Controllers unable to sync with Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controllers unable to sync with Xbox Series X: The issue at hand is my Xbox controllers are having issues with connecting/syncing the only fix I have found to use them is to use the USB C to directly connect them to the console. Upon trying to...
  10. My xbox series s sync button isn't working and my brand new controller is just blinking and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s sync button isn't working and my brand new controller is just blinking and...: I hold the sync button and it won't do anything and my controller I bought yesterday worked but when I tried to get on today it just blinks and won't work 08f264bb-1fa2-48b9-8833-42c8211fa657