Xbox Series X - Surge Protection

Discus and support Xbox Series X - Surge Protection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, Has anyone seen any confirmation on the new Series X having built in surge protection? I am assuming it has got it given that the One / One X... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Duppy 55, Nov 3, 2020.

  1. Duppy 55
    Duppy 55 Guest

    Xbox Series X - Surge Protection


    Hi all,

    Has anyone seen any confirmation on the new Series X having built in surge protection? I am assuming it has got it given that the One / One X both have it built in but at the same time I would rather know for certain as I will definitely want a decent surge
    protector if its not built in to the hardware.

    Thanks

    :)
     
    Duppy 55, Nov 3, 2020
    #1
  2. Daft Badger Win User

    Xbox Series X - Surge Protection

    All xbox consoles have had surge protection built in so there's no reason to think the series x/s wont.

    The last thing Microsoft want is bad publicity due to consoles failing because of no built in surge protection.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

    Surge protector in fuse box enough to protect from power outage?

    Both the Xbox One S and X have inbuilt surge protection.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

    Can Xbox one X turn on with a different power surge

    Hi, are you asking about surge protection? You should not use surge protectors with the One X or One S, they have multi voltage power supplies (for world wide use) with built in surge protection.
  5. RainingRoses Win User

    Xbox one S

    Hello,

    The Xbox One and the Series X|S consoles all have built in surge protectors. Usually, it’s not recommended to connect an already surge protected device into another surge protector.

    It would be best to plug your Xbox console directly in to the wall outlet, although your console won’t likely be damaged from doing otherwise (as long as you use a genuine and trusted surge protected extension cable with the correct voltage for your country).

    More info on this:

    https://uk.pcmag.com/microsoft-xbox...nt-use-surge-protectors-with-xbox-one-x-one-s

    Xbox One power supply | Xbox support

    Hope this helps! :)
  6. Nursemorph Win User

    Series x plugged into surge protecter bad?

    As noted above, the Official Microsoft position is that it should be plugged directly into a wall socket.

    Personally, I have had my Series X plugged into a surge protector since I owned it (last May) as I only have one wall socket near my Series X and my TV, monitor, PC and stereo all need plugging in as well. My One X was also plugged into it for a year. Have had no issues with either...and this included when I was having PC issues and my main house circuit breaker kept getting tripped.
Thema:

Xbox Series X - Surge Protection

Loading...
  1. Xbox Series X - Surge Protection - Similar Threads - Series Surge Protection

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. Series X Network adapter fried by power surge?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Network adapter fried by power surge?: We recently had a power surge, which seems to maybe have fried my network adapter on my Series X. I’ve reset the Xbox, power cycled both router and Xbox, and none of my usual tricks seem to be...
  10. Should I use a surge protector with the series s

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I use a surge protector with the series s: Does Microsoft reccomed not using a surge protector with the series s and x fcb021bb-f7e5-45ff-874d-004c00779547

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox series x surge protector