Xbox Series X struggling to open games and run at desired FPS

Discus and support Xbox Series X struggling to open games and run at desired FPS in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For the last month or so, when I attempt to open any game or application, takes up to 2 minutes to actually begin loading, and in some cases, the game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by theArch29, Feb 19, 2023.

1. theArch29
    theArch29 Guest

For the last month or so, when I attempt to open any game or application, takes up to 2 minutes to actually begin loading, and in some cases, the game never opens. Have deleted these and reinstalled them, but still have the same problem. I have also reset the Xbox but keeping games and applications but still struggle to load up games and apps. When these games finally load up, they get regular drops in frames, some of the time making games unplayable. Have turned off the variable refresh rate, which so far has stopped the frame drops but now I don't get over 30 fps. I bought it to run at least 60. Should I reset the xbox completely, or should I put in a warranty order? Anything else I can try to fix these problems?

:)

theArch29, Feb 19, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Thank you so much for the detailed information we may need to reset the console removing everything. This will uninstall all of your games and apps but we can reinstall them later on.
  3. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Xbox 1 Games on Xbox Series X

Hi, yes that will be so, if you bought a game for the XBOX One, it will run better on the XBOX One X (FPS and loading times) and run even better on the XBOX Series X (FPS and loading times)
  4. MohannedHossam Win User

Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S... What a disgrace!

definitely it's poor optimisation i think they made the game in last gen hardware whch it's so obivious i will tell you why first on series x and ps5 it runs on 1080p 60 fps which it's crazy these both console should run at least at 1440p 60 fps or 4k 60 idon't pay 500$ for console which it runs at 1080p 60 fps because iknow that series x and ps5 are so powerful

xbox one x run this game 1080p at 30 fps which it's good because it's old consloe and it's amazing that this console run 30 fps 1080p with good graphics so if the one x runs at 1080p 30fps then the series s should run 1080p 60 fps or 1440p 30 fps the architecture of this series s is way better than the one x so i think the problem is from developers
  5. Farscape247 Win User

120 fps not on series s

because you can set the console to 1440p and 120hz.

but the S is very underpowered and is primarily a 1080p gaming machine, it has less power than the xbox one x and it is already showing that it is aging badly, lots of games running at subpar graphics and framerates.

most games don't even hit 120 fps.

series x even struggles to hit 120fps in some games.

All in all the Xbox Series S was made for those that are casual gamers, those that 1080p is ok, those that cannot afford the series x etc etc.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

will the one x be unlocked on games with fps caps when the new consoles arrive?

series s will struggle on demanding games to keep 60fps at 1080p. the series x will struggle to keep 60fps at 4k thats for sure. the series x will be ok at 120fps at 1080 and most likely 1440.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X struggling to open games and run at desired FPS - Similar Threads - Series struggling open

2. What drives are capadible for the series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    What drives are capadible for the series x: Trying to find a budget friendly storage expansion capadible for my series x 42da6d7d-ebb2-4580-b927-7cfe8bd9a6ea
  3. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  4. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  5. Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....: I have Twitch on my Xbox Series X, but the new console is very different from my last Xbox One. It has all these new settings from the updates, and everything is moved around. However, I'm trying...
  6. Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....

in XboX Insiders
    Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....: I have Twitch on my Xbox Series X, but the new console is very different from my last Xbox One. It has all these new settings from the updates, and everything is moved around. However, I'm trying...
  7. Struggling with Xbox Series X Streaming Setup: Logitech Camera and SVYHUOK Headset Issues....

in XBoX on Windows
  8. New second series X struggling internet issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    New second series X struggling internet issues: Hello, I don’t ever post on these forums but I have tried contacting both my ISP and Microsoft and have gotten no solution. I have been troubleshooting this for 2 days and still can’t figure it...
  9. Struggling to do a system link on Halo 3 ODST co-op campaign with Xbox Series X and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Struggling to do a system link on Halo 3 ODST co-op campaign with Xbox Series X and...: I've been trying to play the Halo 3 ODST co-op campaign with some family members split-screening on the Xbox One whilst I join the party using the system link. None of us use Xbox Live or Game...
  10. Why is my Xbox series X struggling to run CoD MW2 and BO1 for Xbox 360 ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox series X struggling to run CoD MW2 and BO1 for Xbox 360 ?: Hello all, As the title suggests I'm having some performance issues on CoD MW2 (2009) and BO1 (2010). I downloaded these from the Microsoft store to play on my series X as they are all on sale...