Xbox Series X Steel series’s arctis 9x wireless headset audio issue?

Discus and support Xbox Series X Steel series’s arctis 9x wireless headset audio issue? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I keep encountering this issue on my xbox series x where the headset game volume intermittently increases and decreases. Usually i would... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Big Shmac, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Big Shmac
    Big Shmac Guest

Hi there,

I keep encountering this issue on my xbox series x where the headset game volume intermittently increases and decreases. Usually i would havr to hard reset the xbox to fix this issue, i have noticed it only starts if the xbox hasnt been power cycled for a while or my elite series 2 controller is plugged into the console.

More recently i discovered that on the game and chat audio mixer settings where the chat volume and game volume can be manually adjusted i noticed that the slider that balances between game and chat volume is increasing and decreasing by itself. The issue is i cannot change these settings or figure out for the life of me why it is doing that itself. The headset isnt faulty as i already had one replaced for the same issue so it cant be the headset.

This never happened on my xbox one or xbox one x so seems to be a compatability issue with the xbox series x.

It doesnt let me upload vidoes to this, however i have added a static screenshot of the video i took which should illustrate my issue.

I apologise for the poor quality of the screenshot but it can clearly show that the audio mixer is in two different locations and it does this itself.
    Xbox Series X Steel series’s arctis 9x wireless headset audio issue? [​IMG]

:)

Big Shmac, Mar 29, 2021
  2. JamieKing1986 Win User

How do i unassign a headset from my Xbox One?

3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

I’m gearing up for the Xbox series X launch and want to know if the Steel series arctic nine

If you can use the headset on the Xbox One / S / X, it should be usable on the Series X,

Steel Series website on the Arctis 9X Headset states it will work on Xbox Series X, if its the Arctis 9X.

Hi DerekMcClemens

As far as I know, most if not all current hardware will be compatible with the Series X, even your games on your external hard drive can just be plugged in and enjoyed.

This makes it easy for me as I have a 4TB external myself and its almost full.
    I wouldn't run the game direct from the 4TB hard drive as you wont get the fast loading or fast travel times that the Custom NVMe SSD offers, best to transfer you most regular played games on to the Xbox Series X SSD.
  4. CainAranda1 Win User

Xbox Official Wired headset

Consider switching to the updated wireless headset or the steel series Arctis 7x both are great options.
  5. Satan316 Win User

What Headset do you use?

I was using the Steele Series Arctis Pro for a year or so, but this required me to connect to parties via the xbox app.

I now use the Arctis 9X which is perfect for the xbox.

It is comfortable for long use and easy to get the right chat to game sound mix on the headset as you play.

I think they are well worth it, but do cost a bit.
  6. DiabolicGambit Win User

Looking for USB Headsets that work with my Xbox One

Steel series Arctis 1 varified working.. Also all other usb headsets if you have the dts:x app.. Its 20$ but gives full usb audio functionality.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Steel series’s arctis 9x wireless headset audio issue? - Similar Threads - Series Steel series’s

2. Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s showing invalid firnwtbon lg tv - is there a fix?: My xbox series s used to work on my lg tv but ive been away and have reconnected it and now get an invalid format message on my tv - is there a fix fir this? Any help greatly appreciated...
  3. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  4. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  5. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  6. Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip: Hi, I record many clips through my Xbox Series X (1080p) using external usb 3.0 hard disk. After recording many videos it started recording but not completing the file. This is happening every 3-4...
  7. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  8. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  9. How do I connect STEEL SERIES STRATUS PRO(wireless) to my Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect STEEL SERIES STRATUS PRO(wireless) to my Xbox one?: If anyone could reply with a step by step instructional, it would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance 578216b7-20db-4aff-8dde-67eb77c56489
  10. My steel series 7x headset won’t connect back to the Xbox one after unpairing. How can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My steel series 7x headset won’t connect back to the Xbox one after unpairing. How can I...: How to get my steel series 7x headset paired to my Xbox one again f8447f31-e886-449d-a699-e04ae12892b3