Xbox Series X Start of Warranty

Discus and support Xbox Series X Start of Warranty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I bought an Xbox Series X on Microsoft.com for my son's birthday which is in June. I bought the console in January. Does the warranty start on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JasonDonaldson1, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X Start of Warranty

Hello. I bought an Xbox Series X on Microsoft.com for my son's birthday which is in June. I bought the console in January. Does the warranty start on the purchase date or is it like Apple products where it only starts on the day you register it when you power it up and sign in to your account?

Jason

:)

JasonDonaldson1, Mar 5, 2021
  2. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

Hi, The warranty of a console starts as soon as the console is scanned and purchased at a retailer. Since the warranty activation date of that Xbox is off, the only reason left on the table is that the console was sold, returned, and then purchased again by you.
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello JasonDonaldson1, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

To check your warranty, you first have to register your Xbox console.

All you need to do is to sign in at Device service and repair, select Register new device, and then follow the instructions.

After you've registered, you'll see the warranty status for your device.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this answers your query!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. MikeBaker Win User

Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec device now switching off mid game and prompted with insufficient ventilation warning on restart

yes series X - just a co-incidence then that it started right after a firmware/OS update (and thankfully days inside warranty)

off to repair it is then
  5. DSh2 Win User

Controller left trigger sticking

I bought the Series X back in Feb. 2021 and I think the 3 month warranty has been passed (assuming it starts upon purchase). I have a "Microsoft Limited Warranty" that will expire on March 2022 but I'm not sure if that covers hardware. I did have a glimpse at the "out of warranty" repairs but did not see a controller listed except for the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 (I'm US territory).
  6. Mason Harper Win User

Xbox Series X overheats with high resolution games

It says the Xbox Series X has a warranty what do I do with it?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Start of Warranty - Similar Threads - Series Start Warranty

2. my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it: So my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it out of this resolution only started happening after recent system update I haven't changed anything same tv...
  3. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  4. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  5. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  6. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  7. Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S: When I'm trying to start Minecraft the light blinks twice and show dashboard...: On a Xbox Series S which I purchased a year ago, when I try to start Minecraft it shows the red game splash screen but right after that the light blink twice and then it closes the game and it...
  8. when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...: when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for few seconds but my xbox power is still off? 7e37215c-275b-493b-8610-7066d7a7bb0b
  9. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  10. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...