Xbox series X sound problem

Discus and support Xbox series X sound problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with my xbox series X sound. Context: I have my xbox Series X, PS5, apple TV and Switch, all connected to my TV (HDMI) and the TV... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Angel Vera González, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Xbox series X sound problem

Hi, I have a problem with my xbox series X sound.

Context: I have my xbox Series X, PS5, apple TV and Switch, all connected to my TV (HDMI) and the TV is connected through optical cable to my AVR (Harman and Kardon).

I have zero problems with any of my other consoles or equipment.

Sometimes when I'm playing a game in my xbox or watching Netflix, HBO, etc. the sound works perfectly, but after a couple of hours when I want to open Youtube or move through the OS, there is no sound at all.

Same happens when I'm several hours watching youtube, but when I want to play a game or open any other app (HBO, Netflix, etc), there is no sound either. It doesnt matter if I disconnect the xbox from power, or resset the console, the only way to "solve" the issue is by changing the hdmi port to another. But as I said before, that solves the problem momentarly not permanently.

I tried changing the HDMI cable but it behaves the same way.

This is completly new for me. I have my xbox series x for 8 o 9 months and never did this before.

I don't know if anyone knows what is happening.

Sorry for my english. Not a native speaker.

:)

Angel Vera González, Sep 9, 2022
  2. ÖzerÖzdemir1 Win User

on Xbox Series X , recordings havent got sound

My main problem is about recording game sounds on Xbox Series X not my microphone sound on pc.
  3. DanielPörsch Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Distorted Sound

I have the same problems playing F1 2020 on my XBOX Series X. Sound is cutting of several times.
  4. Jordan Edwards1 Win User

Logitech G432 Headset sounds horrible and muffled

The product doesn’t work with Xbox it has no problem with PC and sounds good. On the the Xbox series x the quality is very bad a lot of other people have problems with headsets aswell
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  6. LukeMQ Win User

Xbox Series X controller input lag

On Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. If I plug any headphone with or without microphone in the Xbox Series X controller the commands are more responsive but the problem remains. I reported more and more times this problem to Microsoft since 3 months but still there isn't an update that resolve this issue with my great disappointment. I think this issue started since about 4 months after a system update, and I think the problem is the same of yours. Can you confirm this?
Thema:

1. Xbox series X sound problem - Similar Threads - series sound problem

2. Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X made loud pop/crackling sound and filled my entire room with a burning plastic smell: the xbox still works and nothing changed on the screen when it happened but i’ve kept it off and unplugged just in case. I just got this on christmas so i don’t know why it’s having serious...
  3. My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s audio and music is greyed out I have wireless headset I can hear sound...: My Xbox series s has suddenly started having audio issues , the setting is greyed out and I can’t change the mixer levels 2cf14985-600e-4894-be48-fe82e3316d49
  4. Headset controller sound Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset controller sound Xbox series S: Hello, I am at wits end on this now. For some reason, when I plug our headset into my second controller, I get no sound, this is a Xbox original wireless controller that I bought last week, and...
  5. Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds: I have an Xbox Series S and I am playing Borderlands 3. I have been playing this game for years without this issue. I do not recall doing any updates recently, but I know everything is up to do...
  6. Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay: Hello, I saw a thread on this but it is currently locked even though some are still reporting this problem up to the end of 2023. I just got a new Samsung S95C OLED, and I am definitely happy...
  7. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  8. How Do I Get 5.1 Surround Sound To Work On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Get 5.1 Surround Sound To Work On My Xbox Series S: I’m trying to get my Series S to work on my 5.1 surround sound system and not having any luck. This set of instructions...
  9. No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    No surround sound with Xbox Series X and old Denon receiver: Greetings! I have an old Denon AVR 591 5.1 surround sound system. It's worked great for me for about 15 years, until recently. I upgraded my TV to 4k last year, and realized the Denon cannot...
  10. Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game...: Dear Someone! I have no sound in Forza MS 8/X box series X, but every other game has....what could be the prbl! Thanks for the answers! b4ae914d-ce64-42ab-9fb6-e9f1c9e0c8e8