Xbox Series X - Something fell into one of the top holes and is stuck on the fan

Discus and support Xbox Series X - Something fell into one of the top holes and is stuck on the fan in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I dropped a small piece of plastic and it wet right into one of the holes at the top of the series x. it is now stuck on the fan and makes an awful... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Flames11, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Flames11
    Flames11 Guest

Xbox Series X - Something fell into one of the top holes and is stuck on the fan

I dropped a small piece of plastic and it wet right into one of the holes at the top of the series x. it is now stuck on the fan and makes an awful noise when switched on. The repair cost is huge. What should i do?

:)

Flames11, Nov 4, 2021
  2. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello, with you having the Series X you should still be under warranty to have it fixed at no cost. Go through the xbox support page then warranty to have it done. Make sure you have your console registered.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Hello, with you having the Series X you should still be under warranty to have it fixed at no cost. Go through the xbox support page then warranty to have it done. Make sure you have your console registered.
    Since they have dropped something into the console, it would not be covered by the warranty. The warranty does not cover damage caused by the owner. This would unfortunately be the cost of an out of warranty repair.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Can you not remove the piece of plastic with a pair of tweezers? If they are small enough, they will go through one of the holes and reach the fan (I just tested with a pair I have)
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There isn't anything else that can be done except to request a service repair in order to remove the plastic and fix any potential damage in the console. Sorry about this.

Jesse
  6. NOVA1989 Win User

Electrical noise when off? (Instant on is off)

Xbox Series X - even with the console fully shut down, if I place my ear at the top I can hear a buzz like there’s a current. No fan spinning etc.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - Something fell into one of the top holes and is stuck on the fan - Similar Threads - Series Something fell

2. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  3. I got a new Xbox series s and when I go to join a discord chat it tells me something’s...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I got a new Xbox series s and when I go to join a discord chat it tells me something’s...: Just switch the the series s and had no problem on my old Xbox until I signed into the new one now both of them will not let me join any chat. I’ve restarted the consoles I’ve re linked my account...
  4. Can I use a Xbox 360 controller or something like it and connect it to my Xbox series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use a Xbox 360 controller or something like it and connect it to my Xbox series x: Can I connect an Xbox 360 controller or something like it to my Xbox series X or possibly use a cord to connect a Xbox 360 controller to the Xbox series X and if that doesn’t work are there...
  5. My xbox series x wont even load wifi networks, am i missing something?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont even load wifi networks, am i missing something?: As stated above, my series x wont even show wifi networks that are around to connect to. Ive power cycled the xbox, modem, router...everything. i even reset my xbox and it still wont pull up...
  6. How can I secretly purchase something for my xbox series x without it showing up until I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I secretly purchase something for my xbox series x without it showing up until I...: Long story short, my son wants NBA & Madden 2k24 for Christmas. We have both from 2k23. If I purchase them, will they show up on our xbox somehow? I am still unfamiliar with the fully digital...
  7. I got a new Xbox series s and when I go to join a discord chat it tells me something’s...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got a new Xbox series s and when I go to join a discord chat it tells me something’s...: Just switch the the series s and had no problem on my old Xbox until I signed into the new one now both of them will not let me join any chat. I’ve restarted the consoles I’ve re linked my account...
  8. Something's happening with my Xbox Series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Something's happening with my Xbox Series X controller: About a week ago my controller was having this problem where it would repeatedly turn off, then it'd turn right back on again, it was really annoying, sometimes however when the controller would...
  9. Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox series s: Hey Guys i am experiencing something weird about my xbox for some reason my xbox series s is disconnecting and reconnecting to the wifi even when i change my wifi so i figured it is my xbox...
  10. 4k portable monitor doesn't work with Xbox Series X. Something to do with YCC 4.2.2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4k portable monitor doesn't work with Xbox Series X. Something to do with YCC 4.2.2: This 4k monitor doesn't work with xbox series x https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08NYLCLY5/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 Company Chen LTD UK scammed me twice, I tested 2...