Xbox Series X software update issue

Discus and support Xbox Series X software update issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. My recently purchased Series X is experiencing a software issue. I am unable to change the colour, gamer pic and theme. I have done many tests... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GR8YFOX, Jan 6, 2022.

1. GR8YFOX
    GR8YFOX Guest

Hi.

My recently purchased Series X is experiencing a software issue. I am unable to change the colour, gamer pic and theme. I have done many tests including resetting the console, changing the privacy settings, and many more. I have even done a USB software update which did not solve the issue.

One of my work colleagues has the Series X, Series S and One X and my account works fine on the three consoles so I know for sure my account is fine. I had the original Xbox, Xbox 360 and original Xbox One and my account was working fine on those three consoles as well so I know definitely there is a software issue on my Series X.

I do not want to send my console to Microsoft for repair as I know this fix can be resolved without it. All I need is a software download to fix this issue. I do not want to even send my console back to my place of purchase as I am not guaranteed they will have the console in stock to exchange.

Thank you.

:)

GR8YFOX, Jan 6, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

You're most welcome, GR8YFOX.

We will close this thread then and do not hesitate to create a new one using this link - Ask a question.

Kind regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Great to hear that the issue has been resolved, GR8YFOX. You are amazing as you have been patient and keen in checking all details with me and possibility as what we have expected it could be a network or the software update.

To answer your question, have you asked your parents or any adult that controls the network regarding this? The broadband parental controls is there for a mission to block out some unbeneficial websites for the children. To be more specific with the file sharing this is available so any pictures and confidential files will not be send/shared to anyone over the internet to be used against you or your family. However this might be just a part of a package from broadband's parental controls. So, to make sure you get the right answer you may consult this to the adult you are with or if you are an adult already then consult it to the ISP.

If you believe we have helped you with your concern click Yes or No.

Voting responses will also be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Hope that answers your query! Happy gaming!

Kind regards,

4. GR8YFOX Win User

Hi.

I have managed to solve the customisation issue. The cause was parental controls with my broadband provider, specifically file sharing.

That was very weird as before with that particular setting in place and active, profile customisation on the original Xbox, Xbox 360 and original Xbox One was working perfectly fine. Once I switched it off, I could see the options in each section. Very weird indeed.

When I was using mobile data on my phone on the app, I could see the options but on wifi, the options were not there so that got me thinking. What if the parental controls was the cause?! So I investigated and found what I mentioned above to be the cause. It never struck me to check that as it was working just fine on my previous consoles.

Anyway, thank you very much for your time and responses. I can now thoroughly enjoy my Series X. Are you able to shed some insight as to why file sharing was the cause?
  5. Kathy A. Win User

You're welcome and thanks for the reply as well, GR8YFOX.

As I have re-checked your concern and seeing that you had created a previous thread - Xbox Series X Personalisation options with similar content. You have mentioned in there that you are also having issue changing your gamerpic on Account with Xbox | Xbox. Was this resolved by using or accessing the website on different location or network?

Would you mind confirming if these consoles (Xbox, Xbox 360 and original Xbox One) are in the same location with your Xbox Series X? We are looking at the possibility that this issue happens because of the networking or else, it is indeed the software update.

Speaking of update, may we know if you can access accessibility under settings? Kindly go to Settings > Accessibility > Color filters to check if you are having issue after the release of the November Xbox Update for Console. See reference: November Xbox Update: Color Filters, Audio Settings, Accessibility Feature Tags, and More - Xbox Wire.

You may also check if you have turn on the color filters on guide in Profile & system > Quick settings.

May we ask what is the OS version of your console now? Kindly press Xbox button > open guide and select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > OS version and Shell version are located in the second column.

We know that you wish not to send back the console for repair. If found out that this issue happens after November update you will need to reach out to Team Xbox by installing Xbox Report a Problem app from Microsoft Store in your console. By then you can send report to them regarding this issue.

Kind regards,

6. Sodangidni Win User

Xbox series x is software update issue

Hello, ProNinjaAkuma. I’m Arturo.

I’m sorry to hear your Xbox is displaying the Error code E203 after trying to restore it via the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

When the Xbox Startup troubleshooter doesn’t fix the problem, an alternative potential fix is performing an offline update on your console. Would I know if you tried this procedure on your Xbox?

It is important to point out that you need a USB drive and a PC to format and transfer the files to the USB.

Reference link for the offline update: https://support.xbox.com/help/errors/error-code-e203
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X software update issue - Similar Threads - Series software update

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  4. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  5. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  6. Elite series 2 software bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 software bug: Issue started this morning . Turned xbox on, loaded into a game and my controller was being really weird. Some buttons wouldn't work or be extremely delayed. So I go into the accessory app to test...
  7. Can the xbox series X/S and elite series polling rate be unlocked via software update? Can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the xbox series X/S and elite series polling rate be unlocked via software update? Can...: This thread is about the lock on xbox controller polling rate. I have tested and noticed that the lowest latencies I get on a xbox controller is 3-4ms vs 0.80-1ms from PS5 controllers and PC. On a...
  8. Xbox series x is software update issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x is software update issue: xbox series x the new black console is stuck doing a system update I'm frozen out of opening or pressing anything while its trying to do this so I can't go setting or anything like that I tried...
  9. Is my Xbox Series X or my LG C3 48 inch faulty? Or software issue? The games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is my Xbox Series X or my LG C3 48 inch faulty? Or software issue? The games?: Hi all, I Hope somebody might help me with this. Two years a go I bought an Xbox series X and recently I bought an LG C3 48 inch. I have experienced some issues. The most Extreme One Is while...
  10. Xbox Series X System Software Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X System Software Update: My Xbox Series X was updating and when it was at 90% seen in the link below, I held the Home Xbox button and it brought me back to the dashboard. At this point, I have no idea if the system...