XBox Series X slows down after recording via Win 11 Xbox App connection

Discus and support XBox Series X slows down after recording via Win 11 Xbox App connection in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; XBox Series X. Win 11 laptop. Fios WiFi Camtaisia 2022. XBox Series X runs fine and no problems. Win 11 laptop works fine and no problems. Fios WiFi... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Gregory L.Howard, Jan 4, 2023.

1. XBox Series X slows down after recording via Win 11 Xbox App connection

XBox Series X.
    Win 11 laptop.
    Fios WiFi
    Camtaisia 2022.

XBox Series X runs fine and no problems.
    Win 11 laptop works fine and no problems.
    Fios WiFi works fine and no problems with the top model, so there are no upgrade features and the router is in the next room.

I was hoping to ditch the HD60s capture card to record game play.
    I connect with XBox App just fine.
    I'm able to see the game play on my laptop just fine.

The problem comes when I RECORD game play and the length does not matter and I save it to a 1 TB SSD.
    I'm recording my screen using Camtasia.
    So I can record the angle of the play I want and not be simply stuck with the XBox Record Options which simply record game play, but I record REPLAYS (Football) .
    So I get my initial recording and I'm looking to proceed further, but the game now LAGS. It is SLOW like slow motion.

I then disconnect my laptop FROM the XBox and EXIT the app altogether.
    I shutdown Camtasia as well.

The XBox Series X is STILL SLOW.
    I have to reboot my system to get it back to nomral speed.

As you can imagine that is not good because you can't sequences with games like that.

I really would hate to have to go back to the HD60s because this is a QUICKER turn around time to push recorded videos out.

I don't get why the XBox would still be slow after disconnecting from it.

:)

Gregory L.Howard, Jan 4, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Gregory L.Howard,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Community.

First, I would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down.

Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path? Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. V3ntilator Win User

Xbox Wireless Controller's Share Button and Windows 10

I can't use Windows 11 because of all the removed Win 10 features, and i don't like the new design at all.

I prefer Win 10 as it's more user friendly than Win 11.

- Steam natively supports the Share button in Win 10, and it also can be remapped to saving last 5 minutes with NVIDIA Shadowplay in games.

Alternate app.

- "Xbox Controller Button App".

It enables Share button in Win 10 and you can remap it to most on keyboard.

The problem is that it won't work for everyone due to different revisions of the Series X Gamepad.

Means all Series X Gamepads is not the same.

It's almost year 2023, and it shouldn't be this hard to remap one gamepad button to keyboard hotkey.

After all, it's PC where anything is possible.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

XINPUT1_4.dll is missing from my computer. is there any solution from microsoft to fix this?

You need to upgrade to Windows 10 for full support of Xbox controllers. Win 7 inly suppirts via USB

X input is required to use them

Im not sure what will slow down your PC, as it’s a part of Windows.
  6. CosmicCraze Win User

Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming

If your Xbox Series X is running hot and causing slower connection speeds only when gaming, there are a few things you can do to improve the situation:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is properly ventilated: Ensure that there is proper airflow around the console and that it is not placed in an enclosed space. If necessary, move it to a cooler area of the room.

2. Clean your Xbox Series X: Over time, dust and debris can accumulate inside the console, blocking the vents and causing it to overheat. Use compressed air or a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust or debris from the vents.

3. Check your internet connection: Slow connection speeds could also be caused by issues with your internet connection. Try connecting your Xbox Series X directly to your router using an ethernet cable to see if this improves your connection speed.

4. Limit background apps and downloads: Running too many apps or downloading large files while gaming can put additional strain on your Xbox Series X, causing it to run hotter and potentially slowing down your connection speeds. Close any unnecessary apps and avoid downloading large files while gaming.

5. Consider adding additional cooling: If your Xbox Series X is still running hot despite these steps, you may want to consider adding additional cooling, such as a cooling pad or fan. This can help to keep the console running at a cooler temperature and improve your connection speeds while gaming.
Thema:

1. XBox Series X slows down after recording via Win 11 Xbox App connection - Similar Threads - Series slows down

2. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  3. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  4. Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe): Hello everyone, I’m faced with a dilemma I have been trying to solve for over 2 months now! I’m on an Xbox series X as stated in the title, and a very avid gamer, I am hardwired and I’ve already...
  5. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow: This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have 1gbps speeds and also own a Series X which...
  6. Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly: My Series S won't load the dashboard properly, it's says connect to Xbox network but won't run a network test to see if it's connected, the network test gets stuck in an infinite loop. Can't do a...
  7. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise: Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it...
  8. Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?: I’ll try to keep it short. I have a series x and I run it on xfinity 1200mb plan. Up until a week ago I was running smoothly with 15-18 ping on wireless. Suddenly I can’t play any games because my...
  9. My Xbox series X controller is slowing down my computer a lot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X controller is slowing down my computer a lot.: So I bought an Xbox series X controller for my PC (in another country, not sure if that makes a difference though) and I got back and decided to try my controller out. For some reason, when using...
  10. Xbox Series S suddenly slowed down with everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S suddenly slowed down with everything: Hi there! I've just bought an xbox series S just 2 weeks ago. Both installation and gaming went smoothly until 2-3 days ago. Then, there was a sudden change in console behaviour: games started to...