Xbox series X slow menu & response

Discus and support Xbox series X slow menu & response in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I just recently switched from a Series S to an Series X. And my Series S did have some minor menu slow and poor response times, but not as bad as my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AmadeusRobinson, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Xbox series X slow menu & response

I just recently switched from a Series S to an Series X. And my Series S did have some minor menu slow and poor response times, but not as bad as my Series X. I’ve reset it and have done the network clearing and it still loads slow. The only time it loads fast is when I restart it and that’s only for two clicks on the menu at that; then back to slowness. It sucks my dudes; please help

:)

AmadeusRobinson, Jan 25, 2022
  2. JudeMoore Win User

Hi Jesse

I've just unboxed my Xbox X and updated it too yesterday and I also suffer from the menu not appearing for ten seconds. It's like the xbox button doesn't work and you have to hammer it.

Will try what you mentioned and get back

Thanks

Jude
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

First check if your console have any available updates and perform them. See here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll recommend you do a power cycle to clear the system cache

- Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

- Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 2 minutes.

- Plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on and check if it's all good.

If that doesn't help, I'll suggest you try doing a factory reset keeping games and apps on your console. This will refresh the console and remove all potential bugs without deleting any game data.

- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

- Select Reset console.

- Choose Keep Games and Apps

Once that is done, you'll need to sign into the console using your Microsoft account credentials. If the issue is with your console, that should fix it.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  5. ShaunHunter1 Win User

Fifa 22 Xbox Series X

I think they have given me the wrong disc version

On the disc is says "Xbox One - Xbox Series X"

I believe this is the Xbox one version that is compatible on Series X

Because I'm sure the Xbox Series X disc should say "Xbox Series X" and not Xbox One

I have contacted the seller and awaiting a response but thank you for your help
  6. ngocphi Win User

Slow Xbox one x (Not Series Console)

Fyi series consoles are just xboxes series x or s

Not xbox one series

Just to reduce the confusion

You gotta remember people mistake xbox one x for a series x when it comes to requirements for example flight simulator

With xbox one games they don't have a listing for s or x they are all compatible

Where series s or x just means digital or disk

Disk games don't work with series s or one s digital edition

Back to your problem.

Are you using an external hdd ?

Also when it slows down again is it because you are filling up your hdd?

As space becomes less computers do slow down

It would be better to get an external drive and put infrequent games on there so you don't too much things on your internal drive
Thema:

1. Xbox series X slow menu & response - Similar Threads - series slow menu

2. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  3. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  4. Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe): Hello everyone, I’m faced with a dilemma I have been trying to solve for over 2 months now! I’m on an Xbox series X as stated in the title, and a very avid gamer, I am hardwired and I’ve already...
  5. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow: This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have 1gbps speeds and also own a Series X which...
  6. Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly: My Series S won't load the dashboard properly, it's says connect to Xbox network but won't run a network test to see if it's connected, the network test gets stuck in an infinite loop. Can't do a...
  7. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise: Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it...
  8. SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???: Ok, so I bought Mortal Kombat One on disc, went. To install it...the series x recognised it and began installing it ....BUT - at ULTRA SLOW SPEED ...its taken over 20hrs to get to 17% and in that...
  9. Xbox Series X connection suddenly slow out of no where

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X connection suddenly slow out of no where: So my connection has been good for as long as I remember until a week ago everytime I play call of duty or something I have so much packet loss and the game is unplayable. When I go to the network...
  10. Xbox series x menu running slow and even seems like fps is dropping in menu

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x menu running slow and even seems like fps is dropping in menu: So for starters I've had my xbox series x for around 8-9 month's and I rarely use it (maybe two or three time's a month) just due to not having time to. But last night I wanted to play so I turn...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x games slow to open