Xbox series X slow download speed suddenly, need help?

Discus and support Xbox series X slow download speed suddenly, need help? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X, and for at least a week my xbox download speed has been considerably slower than usual. My internet speed is usually around... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KendallSipe, Jan 26, 2023.

1. KendallSipe
    KendallSipe Guest

I have an Xbox Series X, and for at least a week my xbox download speed has been considerably slower than usual. My internet speed is usually around 120mbps download and 10mbps upload, my xbox is hardwired in and has been for years now.

Anytime I download anything game wise on xbox its speed has always been around that 120mbps mark, usually a bit less around 90mbps. This last week whenever I've tried to downloading anything my download speed has been in the range of 7mbps to 15mbps and occasionally jumping up to 30mbps and as low as 1mbps or sometimes outright stopping.

Ive tested my internet on other devices across and there speed test show similar results to the 120/10 mbps. Ive tried a full shutdown on both my xbox and router. My router has no update nor does my xbox. No I don't have any games running in the background when i download, and ive swapped my xbox over to wifi and same results.

Any advanced help would be appreciated.

:)

KendallSipe, Jan 26, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Kindly test the connection that your console is getting.

Kindly go to settings > General > network > test the multiplayer connection.

Once you see the result, on the result page kindly press and hold the triggers and bumpers (LB, RB, LT, RT) buttons at the same time.

It should bring up the most updated detailed network statistics.

Kindly get the Latency, packet loss, upload, download speed, and NAT Type.

Latency: Should be below 100ms

Packet loss: should be 0%

Upload speed: at least 1mbps

Download Speed: at least 5mbps

Nat Type: Should be Open so that you won't encounter problems with connecting to other players.

If in case one of your connection does not meet the requirements above. Try the steps below.

Change DNS on your console.

1. Please go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings

2. Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

3. Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

4. Please hard reboot the console

To hard reboot Press the Xbox button for 10 to 15 seconds until the console turns off. Unplug it from the wall for 3 minutes then plug it back in and turn it back on.

If still the same result after the steps above. Proceed to perform a port forward on your network. However, you need to contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) so they can open these ports for you.

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)
  3. CosmicCraze Win User

Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming

If your Xbox Series X is running hot and causing slower connection speeds only when gaming, there are a few things you can do to improve the situation:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is properly ventilated: Ensure that there is proper airflow around the console and that it is not placed in an enclosed space. If necessary, move it to a cooler area of the room.

2. Clean your Xbox Series X: Over time, dust and debris can accumulate inside the console, blocking the vents and causing it to overheat. Use compressed air or a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust or debris from the vents.

3. Check your internet connection: Slow connection speeds could also be caused by issues with your internet connection. Try connecting your Xbox Series X directly to your router using an ethernet cable to see if this improves your connection speed.

4. Limit background apps and downloads: Running too many apps or downloading large files while gaming can put additional strain on your Xbox Series X, causing it to run hotter and potentially slowing down your connection speeds. Close any unnecessary apps and avoid downloading large files while gaming.

5. Consider adding additional cooling: If your Xbox Series X is still running hot despite these steps, you may want to consider adding additional cooling, such as a cooling pad or fan. This can help to keep the console running at a cooler temperature and improve your connection speeds while gaming.
  4. Ryan [Limitless] Win User

Two brand new Series X. One failing on hard wired connection.

Hi Mark, I’m Ryan.

What OS version are both Series X consoles currently on? You can find this info in Settings > System > Console info.

What’s the specific model of your router and modem, and what ISP are you with?

In case it helps in any way, these are the official support articles for this topic:

Troubleshooting slow game or app downloads
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games...eshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one

Troubleshoot network connection speed
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-connection-speed

Here to help.
  5. DELiciouse Win User

Series x slow download speed

I have the same issue cant find any info iv downloaded 3 games since tuesday its been a long time since i saw kbps the fastest console on planet earth pfffft
  6. NedMorris Win User

Series X slow download speeds

I just posted something similar above. Its very frustrating. Im getting normal D/L speeds one my One X.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X slow download speed suddenly, need help? - Similar Threads - series slow download

2. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  3. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  4. Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe): Hello everyone, I’m faced with a dilemma I have been trying to solve for over 2 months now! I’m on an Xbox series X as stated in the title, and a very avid gamer, I am hardwired and I’ve already...
  5. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow: This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have 1gbps speeds and also own a Series X which...
  6. Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly: My Series S won't load the dashboard properly, it's says connect to Xbox network but won't run a network test to see if it's connected, the network test gets stuck in an infinite loop. Can't do a...
  7. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise: Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it...
  8. SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???: Ok, so I bought Mortal Kombat One on disc, went. To install it...the series x recognised it and began installing it ....BUT - at ULTRA SLOW SPEED ...its taken over 20hrs to get to 17% and in that...
  9. Series X Download speeds extremely slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Download speeds extremely slow: [img] [img] This is a comparison between a network speed test and then trying to download an update for a game. These were taken back to back, how can the download speed be so poor when I’ve got...
  10. Series X slow download speed!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X slow download speed!!!: I got my series X four days ago and I’m already having abysmal download speeds like 60mbps and 5 hour download times. I’ve tried everything, restarting my router, clearing MAC address, changing...