Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps)

Discus and support Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently changed routers with virgin media (hub3 to hub5) as part of my service package. The package gives me 1gbps and when I tested it after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JAF THE FROG, May 18, 2024.

1. JAF THE FROG
    JAF THE FROG Guest

Recently changed routers with virgin media (hub3 to hub5) as part of my service package. The package gives me 1gbps and when I tested it after installation it was working fine. 2 months later and the download speed is averaging at 180mbps. Virgin media have sent out an engineer to look at the network, found a couple of issues with the wires and fixed them but this has not fixed the problem as the download speed is still averaging at 180mbps.

The engineer tested the router and the results stated that I should be able to get the speeds I'm paying for with Virgin media.

I have tested the Xbox with multiple cables and it is having the same result each time.

I have reset my console.

I have tried different Mac addresses.

I have tried alternative port selection.

I spoke to someone via xbox web chat support and they can't identify the issue.

I am out of ideas, please help.

:)

JAF THE FROG, May 18, 2024
  2. CosmicCraze Win User

Xbox series x running hot causing slower connection speeds only when gaming

If your Xbox Series X is running hot and causing slower connection speeds only when gaming, there are a few things you can do to improve the situation:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is properly ventilated: Ensure that there is proper airflow around the console and that it is not placed in an enclosed space. If necessary, move it to a cooler area of the room.

2. Clean your Xbox Series X: Over time, dust and debris can accumulate inside the console, blocking the vents and causing it to overheat. Use compressed air or a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust or debris from the vents.

3. Check your internet connection: Slow connection speeds could also be caused by issues with your internet connection. Try connecting your Xbox Series X directly to your router using an ethernet cable to see if this improves your connection speed.

4. Limit background apps and downloads: Running too many apps or downloading large files while gaming can put additional strain on your Xbox Series X, causing it to run hotter and potentially slowing down your connection speeds. Close any unnecessary apps and avoid downloading large files while gaming.

5. Consider adding additional cooling: If your Xbox Series X is still running hot despite these steps, you may want to consider adding additional cooling, such as a cooling pad or fan. This can help to keep the console running at a cooler temperature and improve your connection speeds while gaming.
  3. AustinU. Win User

Can the download speed be so fast that the downloads become slow?

I’m on the Xbox Series X. The issue hasn’t resolved itself. The download speed is so bad. How can my download speed go from 100-300 Mbps all the way down to 3Mbpa by switching my networks settings to automatic.
  4. HyperVenom523 Win User

Disney+ App Error Code 39

My Disney+ app buffers all the videos and I habe a speed of 1000Mbps up and down so clearly there is something wrong on their side
  5. MoeZArts Win User

Xbox one X game download speeds

It is likely your ISP is limiting the download speed. As far as I know and tried, I could download games when I had my fiber connection with speeds between 800mbps - 900mbps. I can do 180mbps - 200mbps with my current connection,
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Choosing a hardrrive

Fair enough, a slow internet connection is as good excuse as any.

Be aware however that while that drive will work on Series X, you won't be able to play Series X games directly from it. Series X games will require faster access and read speeds. My understanding is that the Series X games can be 'backed up' on an external
    drive and then need to copied/moved over to either the internal SSD or the External SSD's that will be available for the machine.

The Series X will read and play Xbox One games from an external drive though.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps) - Similar Threads - Series Slow download

2. Xbox series x downloads insanely slow

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x downloads insanely slow: Hi, anything that I try to download on my series X takes fucking ages. And what is worst it takes up the whole broadband bandwidth in my home. I own all the consoles and PC and this doesn’t...
  3. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  4. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  5. Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe): Hello everyone, I’m faced with a dilemma I have been trying to solve for over 2 months now! I’m on an Xbox series X as stated in the title, and a very avid gamer, I am hardwired and I’ve already...
  6. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow: This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have 1gbps speeds and also own a Series X which...
  7. Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly: My Series S won't load the dashboard properly, it's says connect to Xbox network but won't run a network test to see if it's connected, the network test gets stuck in an infinite loop. Can't do a...
  8. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise: Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it...
  9. Series X Download speeds extremely slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Download speeds extremely slow: [img] [img] This is a comparison between a network speed test and then trying to download an update for a game. These were taken back to back, how can the download speed be so poor when I’ve got...
  10. Series X slow download speed!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X slow download speed!!!: I got my series X four days ago and I’m already having abysmal download speeds like 60mbps and 5 hour download times. I’ve tried everything, restarting my router, clearing MAC address, changing...