xbox series X Slow download, constant drops

Discus and support xbox series X Slow download, constant drops in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a 100 Mbps connection. In xbox network speed test I get Download 93 Mbps And Upload 112 Mbps. I'm using Wired and as tested with 5ghz... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AjinkyaX87, Nov 10, 2021.

1. AjinkyaX87
    AjinkyaX87 Guest

I have a 100 Mbps connection.

In xbox network speed test I get Download 93 Mbps

And Upload 112 Mbps.

I'm using Wired and as tested with 5ghz dedicated WiFi, using Google DNS as well .

When I'm downloading anything update or a game my speed is averaging 3mbps.

Kindly help. I'm a Xbox Ultimate user, not sure if that matters.

:)

AjinkyaX87, Nov 10, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Ajunkya welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. What you are experiencing could be due to the high volume of gamers being connected at the same time, this is due to the pandemic and everyone being inside on these difficult times, but we can try some troubleshooting to see if this situation improves!

RESTART YOUR XBOX ONE If you’re experiencing slow download speeds on the Xbox One, the first thing you should do is restart your system. This solution speeds up downloads for the majority of users, and it’s so simple that it should be the first order of business. Here’s how to restart your Xbox One console: Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller. When the menu pops up, select Restart Console. Select Restart one more time. The system will suspend any downloads, shut down, and then boot back up. Once the Xbox One has booted back up, check to ensure that your downloads have resumed on the My Games & Apps screen.

CLOSE ALL RUNNING SOFTWARE Assuming that a system restart has no effect on download speeds, the second solution is to close any and all running software. Since both game software and streaming applications pause all system-level background downloads, this step ensures that there’s nothing preventing software from downloading at full speed. Here’s how to close games and software on the Xbox One: Navigate to the console’s Home screen. Highlight the game or software that is running, then press the Menu button on the Xbox One controller. In the pop-up menu, select Quit to close the software. Once the software is closed, double-check your download speed.

CANCEL AND RESTART DOWNLOADS There’s one last solution for Xbox One users who suffer from slow download speeds despite applying the fixes above. It involves cancelling the software download or installation entirely, then restarting it. This is far less likely to work than the aforementioned fixes, but it’s worth trying if nothing else has worked. From the Home screen, open My Games & Apps. Select Queue, then highlight the software being downloaded. Press the Menu button on the Xbox One controller, then select Cancel. Once the download has been cancelled, the software can be downloaded again from the Microsoft Store or by re-inserting the game disc.

CLEAR THE CACHE: 1. Turn off your Xbox One using the power button on the console. 2. Once your Xbox One has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox One. 3. Wait a minute, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox One console and the electrical socket. 4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One (as opposed to an Xbox One S or One X), watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on. If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.
  3. Kimboslicer Win User

Why are MS servers so slow?

The Xbox and PC are both connected with a cable, hence the 1gbps.

I have done a hard reset on the Xbox.

All ports mentioned there are already opened and of course the IP in each rule is correct for the xbox [Mod Removed-Personal Info-IP Address]

NAT is open

Speed test on the One X sees 199mbps but downloading anything its at 100 with constant drops to 20

PC downloads fine on Steam as is speedtest.net, but when trying to download from the MS store its slow
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

frame rate drop

Hi Bonsai,

Thanks for the update. Downloading a game in the background will definitely cause framerate to drop. When you have the drop is it constant and lasts a while, or does it only last a few seconds? Try out the slow performance solution given by Cadillac. Also
    if you are wireless, a wired connection will be more stable when playing and downloading games at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  5. Fatt Jezus Win User

VUDU app failing on Xbox since early March

Exact same issue. Xbox one series X. Constant buffering every 5 minutes and errors saying can’t play.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Sunset Overdrive Installation Stopped (XSX)

After a very slow download and getting the same error I was able to download the game to my Series X to test it. There may be a problem with the download servers for this game, try installing it again in a few days.
Thema:

1. xbox series X Slow download, constant drops - Similar Threads - series Slow download

2. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  3. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  4. Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X slowing (only caused by warframe): Hello everyone, I’m faced with a dilemma I have been trying to solve for over 2 months now! I’m on an Xbox series X as stated in the title, and a very avid gamer, I am hardwired and I’ve already...
  5. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow: This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have 1gbps speeds and also own a Series X which...
  6. Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S super slow and nothing loads properly: My Series S won't load the dashboard properly, it's says connect to Xbox network but won't run a network test to see if it's connected, the network test gets stuck in an infinite loop. Can't do a...
  7. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise: Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it...
  8. SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???: Ok, so I bought Mortal Kombat One on disc, went. To install it...the series x recognised it and began installing it ....BUT - at ULTRA SLOW SPEED ...its taken over 20hrs to get to 17% and in that...
  9. Series X Download speeds extremely slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Download speeds extremely slow: [img] [img] This is a comparison between a network speed test and then trying to download an update for a game. These were taken back to back, how can the download speed be so poor when I’ve got...
  10. Series X slow download speed!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X slow download speed!!!: I got my series X four days ago and I’m already having abysmal download speeds like 60mbps and 5 hour download times. I’ve tried everything, restarting my router, clearing MAC address, changing...